PDA

View Full Version : Our Trooper

01-17-2007, 03:31 AM
On Behalf of the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office I would like to thank all of the agencies that assisted us and the Florida Highway Patrol in capturing the murders of Sgt. Nick Sottile. Those that came from all around and helped find those creeps that took one of our troopers that dreaded day. When I say one of our troopers I mean he was from here and worked with us on a daily basis, every deputy or officer from this county knew Nick in someway. Whether it was we seen him on a traffic stop, or on an accident scene, somehow we all were blessed with his presence at one point or another. Today was a day to reflect on his life that was cut short by a P.O.S. no good punk. LEO’s from all over the United States and Florida came and stood side by side to honor the life of our trooper. Those young officers, deputies, and troopers learned what the Thin Blue Line really means. When looking over the crowd and seeing that cops from Washington State, Chicago, and your own agencies stand in unison to honor a fallen comrade you feel that brotherhood that we all belong too. So thanks for attending and showing the compassion the family so desperately needs in this time of crisis, you all have made a lasting impression.
Thanks Again

And lets make sure the SOB responsible for this fries after a “Speedy Trial”.

01-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Adding to what my fellow deputy stated, thank you. My life seemed to stop when I saw all the vehicles going code down the highway and just knew it was because someone was down. I did not know who at the time, but when I found out, my heart fell. For those that did not know Nick, you missed out on knowing a great person and for those of us that had the honor to know him, he will never be forgotten and his laugh will be missed. Let us never forget what he was about and aim to be as professional and caring as he was.

01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks to all for your comments, I know that we all feel a lose when one of us (LEO's) are lost.

Thanks Again.