PDA

View Full Version : FOP Lodge 29

Tim Hennigan
01-16-2007, 02:23 AM
At this time I would like to thank all members for their support for my new position of President of Fraternal Order of Police, Pasco County Sheriff’s Office Lodge 29. I would also like to welcome all the new members of the Board. As many of you may or may not know we now have a lot of new board members I know that the new board will strive only to improve our lodge and will work toward making our Lodge the best in the State of Florida. Our main goal is to get you, the members more involved in the lodge. We need to stick together and be a strong brother/sisterhood. Together we can over come any obstacle that we are confronted with. I know that we may all have differences, I reach out to each and every member, to express your opinions and interests. Attend the General Membership meetings, which are held on the third Wednesday of each month. Dinner is served at 1830 hrs. and the meeting follows. You are also invited to attend the Board meetings, which are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 1900 hrs. The board meetings are more informal and usually just consist of conducting Lodge business. Only board members are allowed to vote and make recommendations at these meeting. I can assure you your voice and presents will be noticed. Just get with a board member prior to this meeting and express your idea or concerns.

I regularly read LEO Affairs and I do take all your comments with an open mind and concern. I only want to better the relations between ALL MEMBERS, to improve our lodge and make it better for ALL. I have resigned my position as 1st Vice President of the Deputy Labor Unit so I can devote all my time and attention to the fraternal side of the house. This does leave a vacancy within the Deputy Labor Unit that needs to be filled. If your are interested in making a difference step, up and advise President Carmack of your desire to be involved in your future and career with the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office. Also the Labor Boards that were put in place last year were only a one-year term. In April 2007 a new board will have to be elected and installed. I know from reading LEO Affairs, you all have questions and concerns about the FOP and it’s Labor Units. I am sorry to advise you that the FOP and its Labor Units are having a problem with disseminating information to our members and communications. I hope this problem will be resolved through the contract negotiations. In the mean time Please regularly read your FOP Board in your work locations for up coming meetings. Attending these meetings is the only way we can get information to you. The FOP and Labor Units are getting information out to some members by email. Make sure the FOP and your Labor Unit have you personal email address. (Agency email cannot be used).

FOP Lodge 29 Secretary, Rob Haugh has been working hard to address the problems of communications. He has been working on FOP Lodge 29 resuming bulk mail service. This will be a more cost effective way for us in using US Mail to send communications directly to your residences. All of the Labor Units will have the availability to use this service. Brother Haugh has also re-design our web site. Please go to www.pascofoplodge29.org (http://www.pascofoplodge29.org) and take a look at the progress Brother Haugh is making. The site also has a message board that can be used to communicate to the Lodge and its members. You will have to be a member to obtain a password to this board. There will be no anonymity on the board. All Board of Officer’s emails are available, so you can send them email directly. There is a Lodge calendar available to see what is going on at your lodge. You can now go to the calendar and see if the date you would like to have a function at the lodge is available. Remember that a new set of guidelines has been established on how the Lodge and its facilities are used. Brother Haugh will have these posted on the site in the very near future. The best change is that each squad, platoon or unit are allowed to use the lodge free of charge to hold events where only members and one guest will be in attendance twice a year. Other changes include a less cost to a member who wants to rent the lodge for a private event. Again I remind you we are listening to the members, but if you do not attend the meetings and express your ideas, we cannot make changes. Also just this past weekend we have obtained Dish Network service. Now we can hold gatherings for your favorite sporting events. If an interest is shown in a special event as in the Super Bowl, NASCAR or March Madness, the Lodge will be more then happy to open and host a gathering.

In closing again I invite you to come out and be involved. Just don’t sit back and let a select few run YOUR Lodge. If you don’t take part in your lodge, you have no one to blame but yourself. With the new board there will be plenty of committee positions available. If you have an interest please let a board member know. So of the new ideas that are being bounced around is a full family picnic to include baby-sitting services for the small ones along with plenty of entertainment for them. A raffle, were the names of ever member of the FOP in put in a basket and be drawn. It will be up to the drawn members to obtain leave to attend, but your expenses will be paid to attend one of the State FOP conferences. Hope to see you at a meeting soon

In Brotherhood
Tim Hennigan
President
FOP Lodge 29