PDA

View Full Version : Chief

01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey Boynton Beach P.O.s.....whos your new chief and whats the story with the old one?

01-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Chief Omler is his name. He was the asst. chief under the old regime that was booted out finally. Chief Omler has done a fantastic job but unfortunately our city is a shit hole. Crime continues to escalate and there is little we can do about it. The only hope we have is to merge services with PBSO. They are much bigger and better equipped to handle the assholes we deal with here. We all know this to be a fact and hope the chief see this also. He would be a great addition to PBSO, bringing experience and dedication.

02-15-2007, 01:43 PM
His name is actually Chief Matt IMMLER, not Omler, lol. He's probably been the best addition the city has ever recieved. He has done more for the police department and citizens than I think I've ever seen. I've been an officer for a neighboring department for 12 years, and I have quite a few friends at Boynton. I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about Immler from anyone, which is amazing.

He has a ton of experience from Baltimore I believe, and he apparently is a really down to earth guy with a ton of educational background. I haven't had the opportunity to meet him, however, I've heard he is really doing great things.

I also heard rumors that a lot of people want him to run for Sheriff of PBSO, but he doesn't want to leave boynton. I don't think boynton will allow the sheriff's office to take over as long as he is chief.

02-15-2007, 04:20 PM
His name is actually Chief Matt IMMLER, not Omler, lol. He's probably been the best addition the city has ever recieved. He has done more for the police department and citizens than I think I've ever seen. I've been an officer for a neighboring department for 12 years, and I have quite a few friends at Boynton. I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about Immler from anyone, which is amazing.

He has a ton of experience from Baltimore I believe, and he apparently is a really down to earth guy with a ton of educational background. I haven't had the opportunity to meet him, however, I've heard he is really doing great things.

I also heard rumors that a lot of people want him to run for Sheriff of PBSO, but he doesn't want to leave boynton. I don't think boynton will allow the sheriff's office to take over as long as he is chief.

He would have to wait until Bradshaw's done. He would stand a chance against him. Immler's son works for PBSO. Boynton will eventually go to PBSO, (more money, better benefits) look at all the shootings and problems they have. Delray has about the same Demographics and they don't have the same problems as Boynton. As a citizen of Boynton, I have waited forever for them to get to a call, and they have been very rude once they arrived. I can imagine they are upset because of what they deal with. My thoughts are the Chief needs to stops making the cars look better and start spending money on anti-gang enforcement.

02-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Well I dont think going green all the time is gonna help control the crime in the city. I think they should start funding a little better then they have to help control the violence it's all in how your city really cares about there policeing. after all I think a prim example is palm beach gardens police they were the laughing stock now look at them uh. looks like boyton everyday is becoming another riveria beach shit hole

but it starts with your mayor and if your officers can pass there ftos

02-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Well I dont think going green all the time is gonna help control the crime in the city. I think they should start funding a little better then they have to help control the violence it's all in how your city really cares about there policeing. after all I think a prim example is palm beach gardens police they were the laughing stock now look at them uh. looks like boyton everyday is becoming another riveria beach shizzat hole

Why I agree, I have to say going green is more effective for everyone involved. Might not help control crime, but lets face it, most agencies don't want to share their info with one another. Most of the time cities and counties don't get along. Having all the resources under one umbrella levitates the competition, improves communications, and provides overall better services. Will it reduce crime? Who knows, I honestly feel you could put Marines in PBC cities and crime would still rise. I think crime would reduce overall, but they really need to uncuff all the cops.

Stay safe and always remember we are our brother’s keeper.

02-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Well I dont think going green all the time is gonna help control the crime in the city. I think they should start funding a little better then they have to help control the violence it's all in how your city really cares about there policeing. after all I think a prim example is palm beach gardens police they were the laughing stock now look at them uh. looks like boyton everyday is becoming another riveria beach shizzat hole

Why I agree, I have to say going green is more effective for everyone involved. Might not help control crime, but lets face it, most agencies don't want to share their info with one another. Most of the time cities and counties don't get along. Having all the resources under one umbrella levitates the competition, improves communications, and provides overall better services. Will it reduce crime? Who knows, I honestly feel you could put Marines in PBC cities and crime would still rise. I think crime would reduce overall, but they really need to uncuff all the cops.

Stay safe and always remember we are our brother’s keeper.

I meant to say "alleviate" not levitates.

03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
I guess I will chime in here. Boynton Beach as a City is definately not a crime ridden area. There are some areas within the City that do have their fair share of crime, however for the most part it is a decent place.

The PBSO rumor has been around for years and as far as I know has little to no validity. Other than information sharing capabilities I don't see any benefit for the City or the Police personnel as far as merging with PBSO at least not at this time.

Chief Immler is by far the best thing that could have happened to the Police Department. He is a good person and an excellent Chief. I worked at the Police Department during the "reign" of Gage and now am working under the leadership of Chief Immler.

Just my 2 cents.

03-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I guess I will chime in here. Boynton Beach as a City is definately not a crime ridden area. There are some areas within the City that do have their fair share of crime, however for the most part it is a decent place.

The PBSO rumor has been around for years and as far as I know has little to no validity. Other than information sharing capabilities I don't see any benefit for the City or the Police personnel as far as merging with PBSO at least not at this time.

Chief Immler is by far the best thing that could have happened to the Police Department. He is a good person and an excellent Chief. I worked at the Police Department during the "reign" of Gage and now am working under the leadership of Chief Immler.

Just my 2 cents.

There are too many benefits to name. The Sheriff is doing a great job with that agency.

03-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Here we go again with the Sheriff is the best.

I agree that PBSO is an excellent agency, especially with Bradshaw. He is doing an outstanding job from what I hear.

Not everyone wants to work for the Sheriffs Office. Many of us non-Sheriffs Office people chose to work where we do. The Sheriffs Office is an excellent agency, however it is not for everyone.

Please don't be offended that I and many others enjoy working for municipalities. Difference of opinion and choice is what makes this place interesting.

Stay Safe.

03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Here we go again with the Sheriff is the best.

I agree that PBSO is an excellent agency, especially with Bradshaw. He is doing an outstanding job from what I hear.

Not everyone wants to work for the Sheriffs Office. Many of us non-Sheriffs Office people chose to work where we do. The Sheriffs Office is an excellent agency, however it is not for everyone.

Please don't be offended that I and many others enjoy working for municipalities. Difference of opinion and choice is what makes this place interesting.

Stay Safe.

I agree, but it would be like Royal Palm. You would still be in Boynton with the option to leave if you wanted to. I worked in Royal Palm for the PD and was weary about the merger. Now that we have it, I couldn't be without it. I'm still in Royal Palm and have to be per the contract for at least two years to keep my seniority. Don't get me wrong, I would love to work somewhere with a little more action. With a contract, all I feel that's changed in my uniform and we get great medical, retirement; money and use of take homes. We all came over with seniority and rank, if you were a cop for 15 years you are now a cop with 15 years at PBSO. It's not like Broward it's really worth it. I don't think Boynton is even considering it at this point. Besides, the Sheriff will not approach a city, all cities (besides Belle Glade and Pahokee with was mandatory by FDLE) approached him. I have a good friend who works for Boynton and have great amount of respect for you guy and girls. I'm glad to see the Chief is doing good for the agency. Stay safe, and I’m sure we'll talk soon.

03-24-2007, 06:51 PM
I am a deputy and I have 20 plus years from another POLICE department. All I will say is this. If I had to do it all over again, I would have NEVER put on a green uniform. City agencies are by far a better place to be, plus, most, NOT all, but most of the deputies with the sheriff's office would quit and bag groceries for a living if they actually had to real police work without having to stage and wait for helicopters and K-9 units who couldn't catch a cold, better yet a criminal.

Boynton Beach PD, fight the merge!

03-24-2007, 08:48 PM
I am a deputy and I have 20 plus years from another POLICE department. All I will say is this. If I had to do it all over again, I would have NEVER put on a green uniform. City agencies are by far a better place to be, plus, most, NOT all, but most of the deputies with the sheriff's office would quit and bag groceries for a living if they actually had to real police work without having to stage and wait for helicopters and K-9 units who couldn't catch a cold, better yet a criminal.

You must be idiot. First off, Boynton PD and PBSO are not even talking about a merger. I came from a city PD that was supposedly so good in Palm Beach County and there is no comparison, PBSO blows them away. Hey, it's not too late for you to take off your green uniform and give it to someone who wants it. There are a lot of Deputies who love to work, and let me just say, I live in Boynton and Boynton PD has lost all credibility with their residents. I have called and called about 57 dealers and have them on video, but Boynton PD is all too busy. I finally had street crimes with PBSO take care of it. But again, not all Boynton cops are bad. I came from a city in South Palm Beach County where we had to stage and wait as well. I think it's bullsh** but the majority of agencies now stage to wait for 94 or K-9. You obviously must not still be here, because you wouldn't make such BS statements. We have great pay, and great benefits that few can match. If you think staging makes an agency better, you must one screwed up cop. No offense to any Boynton Cop, but if they are so good why is there so much crime in Boynton and since I work in District 4, why don't they catch criminals? You're way off key with this one.

03-24-2007, 09:51 PM

That's merely your opinion! I recently came from Boynton PD to the SO and have to disagree with your statement. The 5 years I worked for Boynton PD we staged on calls, and waited just as we do now. I know my shift doesn't stage, and for the most part when I worked OT is Royal Palm and Wellington they didn't stage either. I know some supervisor want it, and others don't. I think it's stupid, but we did it in Boynton. I'm not going to lie there is a lot about Boynton I miss, but overall I love the SO. Do we have lazy cops? Sure. Did Boynton? Of course. Did Boynton catch more in progress calls then we do? Heck no, it's about the same. If you want to get technical, Royal Palm and Wellington have the best track record of find and capturing in progress calls. There are so many of them running around these small cities due to the Sheriff contract. By the time any cop gets there, it's already a ten min time delay after the call is dispatched and the criminal is already in Broward County. Living in Boynton there is a lot of residents who complain about, but again that happens everywhere. PBSO has the best crime clearing in the county that you can prove. Is PBSO for everyone? No, apparently you need to go. I still talk to all my Boynton friends, and would die for them any day of the week. I think overall PBSO is better, but it what fits me. I know there are no talks of Boynton merging with the SO. I think it would be great, but it shouldn't be forced. It all boils down to money. We need to stop taking up Boynton's board and let them use it for what ever they need. I worked it two cities, one in North Carolina and Boynton and I think the county is better overall, but there are some things cities do better. It's the facts of life; no one or nothing is perfect.

03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm not sure what "staging" you are talking about.

For the ridiculous statement "No offense to any Boynton Cop, but if they are so good why is there so much crime in Boynton and since I work in District 4, why don't they catch criminals?" Well I guess you have a good grasp on crime working in District 4. I am sure that BBPD catches more than their fair share of criminals.

Boynton Beach is a hard working agency, I would take almost any of them into a hot call without thinking twice. Then again I guess I would take many of the deputies I have had the pleasure of working with also.

Is there an issue between PBSO and BBPD, absolutely not!

Can PBSO do a better job than BBPD in the city, I don't think so!

Oh well, enough for now.

Stay safe.

03-28-2007, 02:01 AM

For the ridiculous statement "No offense to any Boynton Cop, but if they are so good why is there so much crime in Boynton and since I work in District 4, why don't they catch criminals?" Well I guess you have a good grasp on crime working in District 4. I am sure that BBPD catches more than their fair share of criminals.

Boynton Beach is a hard working agency, I would take almost any of them into a hot call without thinking twice. Then again I guess I would take many of the deputies I have had the pleasure of working with also.

Oh well, enough for now.

Stay safe.

You are out of your mind, PBSO would do a better job with more resources. If there were a such talks of a merger, all BBPD would stay in the city, keep their dispatch, but PBSO would add more Deputies. Don't you dare direspect PBSO saying PBSO wouldn't do a better job in Boynton. How the hell do you know? Mind you I live in Boynton, and their response time sucks, and lots of the officers have horrible attitudes. Maybe I would to if I had to deal with a what they deal with everynight. I don't know if you're a Boynton Cop but if you are you would know what I'm talking about. If you're a PBSO Deputy and think you can't do a better job than and have pride in your agency, get the hell out and go somewhere else. I'll put PBSO Deputies against the best. There are great cops everywhere including Boynton. Like anywhere else we have our fair share of morons, but if you don't live in Boynton you need to get your facts straight before you speak. You really don't have a prayers clue to what you are talking about. I work in the city of Boynton Beach as a Deputy and they do not catch nearly as many people as we do. Yes they do catch their fair share, but if you don't work in the area which it's obvious you don't, refarin from saying things unless you have first hand experience.
Read the following comment http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south ... 2#lastPost (http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-florida-sun-sentinel/T52LSETLIH5O0RNG0/p2#lastPost).

Man I hate rude people who disrespect police agencies. I don't want to disrespect BBPD, I came from a city just south of Boynton. I'm telling you PBSO does a great job, 100 x better then where I came from. Now, If you want to continue, take it to another board and you and I can discuss this.

03-28-2007, 02:53 AM

Oh well, enough for now.

Stay safe.

You are out of your mind, PBSO would do a better job with more resources. If there were a such talks of a merger, all BBPD would stay in the city, keep their dispatch, but PBSO would add more Deputies. Don't you dare direspect PBSO saying PBSO wouldn't do a better job in Boynton. How the hell do you know? Mind you I live in Boynton, and their response time sucks, and lots of the officers have horrible attitudes. Maybe I would to if I had to deal with a what they deal with everynight. I don't know if you're a Boynton Cop but if you are you would know what I'm talking about. If you're a PBSO Deputy and think you can't do a better job than and have pride in your agency, get the hell out and go somewhere else. I'll put PBSO Deputies against the best. There are great cops everywhere including Boynton. Like anywhere else we have our fair share of morons, but if you don't live in Boynton you need to get your facts straight before you speak. You really don't have a prayers clue to what you are talking about. I work in the city of Boynton Beach as a Deputy and they do not catch nearly as many people as we do. Yes they do catch their fair share, but if you don't work in the area which it's obvious you don't, refarin from saying things unless you have first hand experience.
Read the following comment http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south ... 2#lastPost (http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-florida-sun-sentinel/T52LSETLIH5O0RNG0/p2#lastPost).

Man I hate rude people who disrespect police agencies. I don't want to disrespect BBPD, I came from a city just south of Boynton. I'm telling you PBSO does a great job, 100 x better then where I came from. Now, If you want to continue, take it to another board and you and I can discuss this.

It seems others feel the same way. Two comments already in Boynton after the Lake Worth Shooting. http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south ... QLO0IIBEDJ (http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-florida-sun-sentinel/TB75PJVQLO0IIBEDJ)

03-28-2007, 05:57 PM

Okay, we can discuss it whenever you want, I'm not sure which board to take it to.

03-28-2007, 09:04 PM

Okay, we can discuss it whenever you want, I'm not sure which board to take it to.

Just name it and I'll be there. If you're a Boynton cop we could even meet.

03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Are you on days or nights?

03-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Are you on days or nights?

Both.

03-29-2007, 02:16 AM
I'm shocked that I'm reading such childish nonsense about whose better. I'm a Deputy with PBSO and have a great relationship with BBPD and I'm absolutely sick to my stomach that I'm reading post like this on here. First of all, with the gang problems we can't afford to have animosity among each other. It's only a matter of time before gang’s begin targeting LEOs and at that point I don't care who you are so long as you're backing me up. Whether you wear green, blue, or tan, we are brothers and sisters. Yes, we may disagree and we may fight, but to let it get to the point where you two want to meet to discuss this issue is plain childish. What does it matter? I love PBSO and it's an amazing agency. I have friends who work for Boynton who say the same thing. Would a merger be a bad thing? No, our Sheriff is great, and knows how to run a professional agency. Would we do a better job? I don't know, like any merger it would just be different uniforms and maybe a few more cops thrown in the deal. But that's beside the point; it's not at this point even an issue. The fact is BB officers are happy, and that's great considering what they had before. As a Deputy, we can't say very much. Look at our past, and now we have a great boss. It's not bad to have two agencies where the moral isn't low. I'm still baffled at the discussion. The way I see it is there are plenty of people out there who hate us, we don't need to turn our backs on each other. For God sakes I hope you two works this petty crap out and maybe move on to a real discussion. Both agencies are top notch, and obviously both of you have a huge sense of pride for where you work. That's great, you don't see that often. Be careful out there, and remember we are our brother’s keeper.

03-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I was afraid that the posts would be misconstrued. I would like to meet to discuss the issues with the deputy, I do not want to meet to argue or anything like that.

That is the problem with the internet, sometimes you can't convey your message clearly for everyone.

I apologize if anyone took my posts as anything but an attempt to gather and disseminate information that is apparently more well known by someone other than myself.

03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I was afraid that the posts would be misconstrued. I would like to meet to discuss the issues with the deputy, I do not want to meet to argue or anything like that.

That is the problem with the internet, sometimes you can't convey your message clearly for everyone.

I apologize if anyone took my posts as anything but an attempt to gather and disseminate information that is apparently more well known by someone other than myself.

I apologize if anyone took my posts as anything but an attempt to gather and disseminate information that is apparently more well known by someone other than myself.[/quote]

I want to also apologize to everyone who took offense to these post. I mean no disrespect to Boynton Beach, and I know they are under the microscope more than anyone else after the recent shootings. Like stated before, when things are said that that discredits one's agency those of us who have pride in our agency become defensive.

I would love to meet with you, and I can assure there will be no hostility on my part. Any chance I get to meet more Leo's that work in the same area I do I jump at the opportunity. So I don't how we're going to do this, however I very flexible.

07-08-2007, 01:16 AM

That's merely your opinion! I recently came from Boynton PD to the SO and have to disagree with your statement. The 5 years I worked for Boynton PD we staged on calls, and waited just as we do now. I know my shift doesn't stage, and for the most part when I worked OT is Royal Palm and Wellington they didn't stage either. I know some supervisor want it, and others don't. I think it's stupid, but we did it in Boynton. I'm not going to lie there is a lot about Boynton I miss, but overall I love the SO. Do we have lazy cops? Sure. Did Boynton? Of course. Did Boynton catch more in progress calls then we do? Heck no, it's about the same. If you want to get technical, Royal Palm and Wellington have the best track record of find and capturing in progress calls. There are so many of them running around these small cities due to the Sheriff contract. By the time any cop gets there, it's already a ten min time delay after the call is dispatched and the criminal is already in Broward County. Living in Boynton there is a lot of residents who complain about, but again that happens everywhere. PBSO has the best crime clearing in the county that you can prove. Is PBSO for everyone? No, apparently you need to go. I still talk to all my Boynton friends, and would die for them any day of the week. I think overall PBSO is better, but it what fits me. I know there are no talks of Boynton merging with the SO. I think it would be great, but it shouldn't be forced. It all boils down to money. We need to stop taking up Boynton's board and let them use it for what ever they need. I worked it two cities, one in North Carolina and Boynton and I think the county is better overall, but there are some things cities do better. It's the facts of life; no one or nothing is perfect.I guess I'm missing something here. I work for PBSO and have also worked alongside officers from several different cities. We are all the same. Now let me vent....When a rookie starts his career as a LEO, he eyes are like pie plates. He (or she) doesn't know heads from tails and needs time to learn. As they start learning the laws and how to apply them, they feel more comfortable in doing a little more. Sometime between 2-3 years of road work, they think they know everything and want to do everything. Unfortunately, they don't know the consequences of some of the things they do, i.e. unauthorized pursuits, blowing off reports because it's dinner time, etc. After 3 years, they start to become a danger to themselves and others, canceling back-up for example. This is also the time that they no longer think that the need assistance from the experienced officers and go at it alone. They start working with a zone partner who doesn't look out for them and they ultimately get in a jam. Road patrol is fun, don't get me wrong. But once you start separating yourself from the idea that pursuits, dogbites and in-progress calls are all that law enforcement have to offer, you will learn that all departments and jobs have something to offer. I hear way to often from LEOs who say, "I work the busiest zone" or "My department has more violence". Just listen to yourselves - You sound very proud that the area that you are responsible for is known for its high crime rate. What are you doing? Driving through a high crime area means nothing. If you are so "bad", then get control of your zone. It's not rocket science. You will learn sooner or later (hopefully sooner) that the pen is mightier than the sword. For the LEOs with less than three years of expierence, what I just wrote means that you can accomplish more with a solid investigation and writing a flawless report than you can by pounding a dealer into the pavement and charging him for the dime bag you found in his pocket during an illegal search. This career is not all about how fast you were driving on a pursuit, the time you drew down on someone or how you caught a 13-year-old in a foot chase. Start using your brains and you'll find out how good this job can be. For the exceptions to the rule, this is not directed at you. To all LEOs...stay safe and oush yourselves to do the best you can !!!

07-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I guess I'm missing something here. I work for PBSO and have also worked alongside officers from several different cities. We are all the same. Now let me vent....When a rookie starts his career as a LEO, he eyes are like pie plates. He (or she) doesn't know heads from tails and needs time to learn. As they start learning the laws and how to apply them, they feel more comfortable in doing a little more. Sometime between 2-3 years of road work, they think they know everything and want to do everything. Unfortunately, they don't know the consequences of some of the things they do, i.e. unauthorized pursuits, blowing off reports because it's dinner time, etc. After 3 years, they start to become a danger to themselves and others, canceling back-up for example. This is also the time that they no longer think that the need assistance from the experienced officers and go at it alone. They start working with a zone partner who doesn't look out for them and they ultimately get in a jam. Road patrol is fun, don't get me wrong. But once you start separating yourself from the idea that pursuits, dogbites and in-progress calls are all that law enforcement have to offer, you will learn that all departments and jobs have something to offer. I hear way to often from LEOs who say, "I work the busiest zone" or "My department has more violence". Just listen to yourselves - You sound very proud that the area that you are responsible for is known for its high crime rate. What are you doing? Driving through a high crime area means nothing. If you are so "bad", then get control of your zone. It's not rocket science. You will learn sooner or later (hopefully sooner) that the pen is mightier than the sword. For the LEOs with less than three years of expierence, what I just wrote means that you can accomplish more with a solid investigation and writing a flawless report than you can by pounding a dealer into the pavement and charging him for the dime bag you found in his pocket during an illegal search. This career is not all about how fast you were driving on a pursuit, the time you drew down on someone or how you caught a 13-year-old in a foot chase. Start using your brains and you'll find out how good this job can be. For the exceptions to the rule, this is not directed at you. To all LEOs...stay safe and oush yourselves to do the best you can !!!

That is the most appropriate post I have seen in a long time.

08-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I worked 10 yrs with BBPD first and then 20 with PBSO. Both are great and have pluses and minuses-but each has different attributes. I would'nt trade a minute at either one because I've met a lot of fine men and women along the way.