PDA

View Full Version : GETTING HIRED WITH BSO

01-14-2007, 12:26 AM
You know with all the slugs that work for this department I wonder why their hiring practice is so screwed up. I know they mostly hire white people and they discriminate against minorities. They also have a trend of hiring the worst qualify people in the tri-county area. I have always wondered how Navarro got to be sheriff being cuban and all.

01-18-2007, 11:06 PM
what????White people only? huh? where is that coming from? I don't think any agency in the tri-county area looks for whites only, whites are usually the ones who are discriminated against!

01-19-2007, 02:20 AM
Those of us who work here see the reverse discrimination on every promotion. The promotional system is demoralizing and by far the most antiquated for a large accredited agency like ours.

01-19-2007, 04:54 AM
WOW! If one or two minorities get promoted, the whole white world screams foul. Look around your department i’ll bet you can count the minorities in charge in your district with one hand. If there are 10 positions open for promotion 6 to 7 will be filled with whites. Now there are some that want to keep the agency even more conservative, you know back to the good-old-boy-system, not that it has changed. But the promotions will be more equal like; for every 100 minorities promote 1, for every 100 white males promote 99.

01-19-2007, 11:57 PM
No, it shouldn't be 50-50, that would be unfair. 4 minority promotions out of 10 would be strong, thats why they are called minorities not majority! Nothing racist, but the minority supervisors here mirror the percentage of the public.

Just cause you got a bad background with no qualifications dosn't mean its racist if you don't get promoted.

01-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Oh no, not a background problem and I had excellent qualifications. My only fault was that I wasn’t white or perhaps not white enough. I’ve seen the slugs that have been hire lately and some that had prior misdemeanors, but they had something going for them; they were WHITE. I should mention that I backup your slugs all the time around oakland park as I work for Lauderdale.

01-20-2007, 03:40 AM
First and foremost we work for the same department and you shouldn't have the hatred you have towards white employee's. That is racist in itself. If you work here, then you know their are many minorities in supervisory positions. Look at the highest ranking positions in BSO, and you will see that some of the highest ranking officers are black.

The fact is that qualifications should be the most important thing, not the race, color, or creed. I am sick of seeing white or black promotions, when the individual is simply not qualified.

We are cops, you need to start acted like one and stop using race as a crotch.

01-25-2007, 03:25 AM
I too applied in BSO and was passed over in the final review. This happened a while back when I was leaving in Washington Dc. I applied as a Federal Sworn Officer with a TS clearance and excellent qualifications. My thoughts are that the fact that I was Hispanic played a part in the whole thing. Geeh!! I guess working for the Secret Service just wasn’t good enough for BSO.

Now that I leave in South Florida I’ve been noticing a lot of 300+ fat-slugs BSO deputies patrolling. I saw one the other day at CatFish Dewey's that was at least 400 pounds. This slug had no business in an all-you-can-eat join at his current shape. What in the world is going on with the hiring team at BSO. I guess slugs hire other slugs……..

01-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Any minority who cannot get promoted with affirmative action must have a horrible background. I've seen minority's with less qualifications go to specialized units because of their race. Nobody respects them.

02-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Any minority who cannot get promoted with affirmative action must have a horrible background. I've seen minority's with less qualifications go to specialized units because of their race. Nobody respects them.

You know I’m a minority and I really don’t believe in “Affirmative Action”. Its existence signifies that there are obviously problems with the promotion system to begging with. If the system was fair then you wouldn’t have to worry about implementing action plans to promote the wrong people.

02-11-2007, 03:08 AM
You know I’m a minority and I really don’t believe in “Affirmative Action”. Its existence signifies that there are obviously problems with the promotion system to begging with. If the system was fair then you wouldn’t have to worry about implementing action plans to promote the wrong people.

You’re preaching to the choir, these ****ers are all racist. The only positions that minorities should fill are the ones that whites don’t want.

05-12-2007, 05:04 AM
WOW! If one or two minorities get promoted, the whole white world screams foul. Look around your department i’ll bet you can count the minorities in charge in your district with one hand. If there are 10 positions open for promotion 6 to 7 will be filled with whites. Now there are some that want to keep the agency even more conservative, you know back to the good-old-boy-system, not that it has changed. But the promotions will be more equal like; for every 100 minorities promote 1, for every 100 white males promote 99.

Check your sources before you post please.... Pompano Beach's (Dist11) Command staff (Sgts and above) is about 95% BLack or Hispanic. And as for the promotions of the last 4+ years, over 75% of the promotions have been Black or Hispanic. So please take a break off of the unfair treatment crap, if anyone is treated unfairly it is the white deputies... but I know... there is no such thing as reverse discrimination, is there just the whites trying to hold everone else down. Sorry for being politically incorrect, but I'm just tired of all this garbage.

05-13-2007, 02:20 AM
maybe if our soul patrol would pay attention to business,
instead of pull over white chicks and trying to get a date,
may they would get places.

fyi, lotta doe doe birds would be fired, but it's cheaper to keep them
and let them screw up a lot more on their own than to fire them for being
incompetent, other wise the tax payers would waste money on
the race card routine with lawyers.

05-22-2007, 03:20 AM
***** YOUR NAME FITS! YOU PROBABLY ARE NUTS THATS WHY YOU WERENT HIRED! MAYBE THEY HAVE AN ANTI ***** THING AND THATS WHY YOU WERENT HIRED! GOOD LUCK WITH WACKENHUT!

06-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Its sad *****! because people like yourself are the ones who always are using that poor excuse about why you were not selected. Minority!, listen my young brother thats a cop-out excuse, educate yourself about sociaty and why that excuse never leads to positive feedback.

As I understand it your currently working in oakland park area as a Ft. lauderdale cop right???? Just remember there WILL BE A TIME when somebody in oakland park will be CLEANING YOUR CLOCK and the one back-up unit coming to help save your ASS might be a white guy, spanish guy or a fellow brother from BSO. Remember when you think closed minded its the one's like yourself we will be reading about at Officer Down Memorial and you miss out on the more important issues.

Think smart move on if green was not for you then they had better qualified applicants. Maybe they saw the bigetry in you and thats why you were not given a job!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

06-11-2007, 04:57 AM
What ever happened to the "Most Qualified?"

06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
What ever happened to the "Most Qualified?"

They ran off with the Tooth Fairy...

06-17-2007, 09:18 PM
What's the story with the fired wilton manors chief being hired as a commander in special problems?

06-18-2007, 12:18 AM
I work for BSO and have no ambition to get promoted. I have a lot of white friends/Deputies that have scored very high on the promotional test and get passed over for Hatians. I believe four got promoted on the last list. What's up with that????? If your white and on the list you better have a hook!!!!!!!

06-18-2007, 12:20 AM
I work for BSO and have no ambition to get promoted. I have a lot of white friends/Deputies that have scored very high on the promotional test and get passed over for Haitians. I believe four got promoted on the last list. What's up with that????? If your white and on the list you better have a hook!!!!!!!

06-18-2007, 01:36 AM
I work for BSO and have no ambition to get promoted. I have a lot of white friends/Deputies that have scored very high on the promotional test and get passed over for Haitians. I believe four got promoted on the last list. What's up with that????? If your white and on the list you better have a hook!!!!!!!

I HATE TO SAY IT, BUT GET USED TO IT BRUTHA. THIS SAME PROBLEM IS WHY I MOVED DOWN HERE. MY NAME WASN'T JANE, JAMAL OR JORGE SO I WASN'T GETTIN' HIRED ANYWHERE IN THE NORTHEAST (FOUR STATES).
ALL APPLICATIONS FOR ANYTHING SHOULD JUST BE A NUMBER FOR A NAME SO THE BEST APPLICANT IS PICKED REGARDLESS OF RACE, SEX OR RELIGION.
THEN AGAIN, I WOULD NOT WANT TO HIRE OR PROMOTE ANYONE WITH POOR SPEAKING OR COMMUNICATION SKILLS, GOLD TEETH, OR RACIAL INTENTIONS OR SUPREMIST TATTOOS ON THEIR BODY. I CAN'T REALLY THINK OF A DECENT AND POLITICALLY CORRECT WAY TO HIRE OR PROMOTE SOMEBODY. THE ONLY THING I HAVE COME UP WITH IS THE NUMBERS IN PLACE OF NAMES. ONCE HIRED AND YOU PUT IN FOR A POSITION (ESPECIALLY THAT OF A SUPERVISOR) YOU STILL USE THE NUMBER SYSTEM, BUT YOU RECEIVE POINTS FROM THOSE THAT YOU HAVE WORKED WITH OR UNDER (INSTEAD OF POINTS FOR YOUR RACE). THOSE POINTS ARE ADDED TO YOUR FINAL SCORES. IN THE END, YOU SHOULD HOPEFULLY HAVE A GROUP OF HAPPY, OR SEMI-HAPPY EMPLOYEES WHO LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING.
WE ALL KNOW CERTAIN PEOPLE ARE PICKED TO BE PAWNS AND HAND PUPPETS, BECAUSE THEY REALLY HAVE NO BUSINESS NOR THE INTELLIGENCE OR STREET SMARTS TO PUT IN FOR THAT PARTICULAR POSITION. THEY'RE THE SHEEP OF SOCIETY, AND THE DO BOYS OF OUR ORGINIZATION WITH "THE HIGHER STANDARDS". AS ABRAHAM LICOLN ONCE PUT IT "A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND". DON'T CHOOSE AN APPLICANT BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD.

06-20-2007, 08:53 PM
What's the story with the fired wilton manors chief being hired as a commander in special problems?

Hey Questioner. Why don’t you get the facts correct before you comment!!!!! He was not fired, he RETIRED. The city, in their infinite wisdom, decided to hire a company to come in and conduct a study which will be looking into the deficiencies of the police department. This was headed by our wonderful City Council Members. This report was completed by the lowest bidder to the city, a one man company. This guy, who knows NOTHING about police departments, came in and attempted to document about how badly things were running and provided a list of suggestions in order to improve the efficiency. This guy was off his rocker!!!!!! That police department, headed by the RETIRED Chief, was 100 times more efficient than today’s WMPD and on top of it all, 99% of the employees were happy and all had good relationships with each other. Today’s WMPD is the opposite, 99% of unhappy employees and now, everyone hates everyone else and you will not survive unless you have eyes behind your head. Most officers can not wait to leave. With that being said, this idiot, in his final report made these ridicules suggestions and that study only cost the city $30,000.00. Well, when the City Manager had his little meeting with our RETIRED Chief and demanded that he implement all these ridicules recommendations, our RETIRED Chief stood up for the PD and outright refused to implement these changes. Well as we all know, once you are up there in rank, you work at the will of the City Manager and City Council so they did what they had set out to do from the get go, force our RETIRED Chief into retirement.

Well, what comes around, goes around. Read all the articles about how the City Manager SIGNED a contract with our RETIRED Chief which contained a large pension benefit and once he was retired, basically stated, “hey RETIRED Chief- Stick that contract where the sun don’t shine. WE are not going to stand by it”. As the story continues, our RETIRED Chief is just about on the verge of winning this case hands down and for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ due to the stupidity of the City Manager and Commissioners. Just goes to show you that the winners keep on winning and the losers keep on loosing.

Now that you have the story correct, consider yourself (if you are a BSO employee) one of the luckiest persons alive for having a person as our RETIRED Chief in your organization.

06-21-2007, 01:26 AM
All I wanted to know was how he got hired and why. We thought he didn't like BSO. Didnt' mean to push someone's touchy button.

01-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Check your sources before you post please.... Pompano Beach's (Dist11) Command staff (Sgts and above) is about 95% BLack or Hispanic. And as for the promotions of the last 4+ years, over 75% of the promotions have been Black or Hispanic. So please take a break off of the unfair treatment crap, if anyone is treated unfairly it is the white deputies... but I know... there is no such thing as reverse discrimination, is there just the whites trying to hold everone else down. Sorry for being politically incorrect, but I'm just tired of all this garbage.

01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Its not the white mans fault that you cant pay for college.

01-02-2008, 08:57 PM

Hey Questioner. Why don’t you get the facts correct before you comment!!!!! He was not fired, he RETIRED. The city, in their infinite wisdom, decided to hire a company to come in and conduct a study which will be looking into the deficiencies of the police department. This was headed by our wonderful City Council Members. This report was completed by the lowest bidder to the city, a one man company. This guy, who knows NOTHING about police departments, came in and attempted to document about how badly things were running and provided a list of suggestions in order to improve the efficiency. This guy was off his rocker!!!!!! That police department, headed by the RETIRED Chief, was 100 times more efficient than today’s WMPD and on top of it all, 99% of the employees were happy and all had good relationships with each other. Today’s WMPD is the opposite, 99% of unhappy employees and now, everyone hates everyone else and you will not survive unless you have eyes behind your head. Most officers can not wait to leave. With that being said, this idiot, in his final report made these ridicules suggestions and that study only cost the city $30,000.00. Well, when the City Manager had his little meeting with our RETIRED Chief and demanded that he implement all these ridicules recommendations, our RETIRED Chief stood up for the PD and outright refused to implement these changes. Well as we all know, once you are up there in rank, you work at the will of the City Manager and City Council so they did what they had set out to do from the get go, force our RETIRED Chief into retirement.

Well, what comes around, goes around. Read all the articles about how the City Manager SIGNED a contract with our RETIRED Chief which contained a large pension benefit and once he was retired, basically stated, “hey RETIRED Chief- Stick that contract where the sun don’t shine. WE are not going to stand by it”. As the story continues, our RETIRED Chief is just about on the verge of winning this case hands down and for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ due to the stupidity of the City Manager and Commissioners. Just goes to show you that the winners keep on winning and the losers keep on loosing.

Now that you have the story correct, consider yourself (if you are a BSO employee) one of the luckiest persons alive for having a person as our RETIRED Chief in your organization.

Interesting. So what is he doing now? IS HE the "Commander" in a position created for him, commanding no one, in a division that had been down-sized twice, and was still top heavy to begin with? If he's as good as you say he is, he should be in charge of that division instead of the clown that is there now.

01-03-2008, 02:33 PM
You know with all the slugs that work for this department I wonder why their hiring practice is so screwed up. I know they mostly hire white people and they discriminate against minorities. They also have a trend of hiring the worst qualify people in the tri-county area. I have always wondered how Navarro got to be sheriff being cuban and all.

Hey Smart A$$, White people are the minority now...open your eyes.

01-03-2008, 04:03 PM

Interesting. So what is he doing now? IS HE the "Commander" in a position created for him, commanding no one, in a division that had been down-sized twice, and was still top heavy to begin with? If he's as good as you say he is, he should be in charge of that division instead of the clown that is there now.

I hope the PBA looks at all these commanders and suggest to the S.L that these positions be done with, so there is more money in the budget for Dep that actually work...good idea, ugh...

01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow this started ugly thanks to one of FLPD's "finest" attacking us, and its only going downhill from here. So listen up, maybey the "Good Old Boy System" is coming back because that keeps the thugs in line these days. Which by the way you sure sound like one so stay where you are and dont apply here (or post here) again

01-03-2008, 09:44 PM

Is that statement above for REAL! Take it from the ONLY white person that worked on my shift at my location. Take it from that same white person who got treated pretty badly as well.....because I tried to do my job well and ethically. I cant tell you how much fun it was to always have to listen how good white people have it. Get over the discrimination thing. The excuse doesnt work anymore. These supposed "Minorities" are the most protected people ive ever seen. And for the record, look at your stats....because the stats show there are more black people in Broward County than any other race....meaning .....they outnumber white people...meaning.....Blacks are technically no longer minorities. I dont see any affirmative action for white people. I treat everyone with respect. I dont think the hiring practices are very fair at BSO either but that really doesnt have to mean its because of a dislike of black people. Maybe its a dislike of YOU because you cry too much and use being black as an excuse. What Id like to see is BSO get a grip on their firing practices. They need to get rid of people that slack off instead of keeping them because they get threatened with a lawsuit....most of which are discrimnation suits....which cracks me up...and as a white person...would get me fired over someone else because I dont get to use that little excuse if i dont feel like working. Your not helpless...and like I said your not the minority anymore. Since you cant seem to want to just get along then help your people. Get them to vote. Theres power in numbers my friend and you have them. If its so bad then change it. But please stop using white people as your excuse for not getting anywhere. We all suffer.

01-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Have you seen the people at the front desk of HR

01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Have you seen the people at the front desk of HR

They all are black and have gold teeths and tattoos. They have a government job and are going to take advantage of the white man's situation.

01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Have you read the headers on your MDC's lately? thats all I will say on that!

01-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Have you read the headers on your MDC's lately? thats all I will say on that!

Really, who the Hell cares?