PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Turn Coats

01-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow...I heard you guys had a problem with your fearless leader. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw him throw your two Sgts. (no names, please) under the bus on fox news today. From listening to his comments it was as if he wants to throw the first bottle or light the first fire. Bad enuff he asked for the opinion of the yoohoos during the Taylor board but what he said today was disgraceful. Get yourself a new leaded or you'll become us and I don't wish that on any leo. Good luck with that and screw your leftist so called sheriff.

01-10-2007, 08:51 PM
well he is former sppd...so i guess the old saying applies you can take the idiot out of st pete but you cant take st pete out of the idiot jimmy boy is starting to make harmon appear as a hard azz

01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Dear Mr. Sheriff, next time I walk into my local 7-11 could you please send a couple of your guys in, have them draw down on me and "toe tap" me while giving me commands? And after they, in good faith, mistakenly id'ed me as a bad guy pay me $150,000 of our tax payers money, uh, oh wait...I'm a white guy with no record so I'm not qualified. Just friggin forget about it you spineless, pandering jerk.

01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Dam man, from all the hype over the past months I thought this video tape was gonna put my beatdown to shame. Those dudes got nothin on me but your sheriff still be cool...it took me years to get my cheese :shock:

01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
SCREW U>THEY SHOUD OF BEEN FIRED

01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm still waiting for Coats to suspend himself.

01-10-2007, 11:15 PM
2008 cant come soon enough to oust this guy

01-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I watched the channel 13 news at noon today and they were playing the video up like it was the Pinellas County version of the so called Rodney King beating. After watching it, I wondered if I had missed something because I've seen more action watching paint dry. Then Coats gets on and says he was offended and African Americans should be offended. I could not believe that. As the original poster stated it was almost like Coats was approving or could understand lawless behavior. I live near a deputy and feel sorry that you have to answer to that scumbag. He has no business being the sheriff and he had no business "cutting checks" to the individuals involved as the reporter stated. No one was shot or injured and the officers made a mistake, period. Happens everyday, in every job and in every walk of life. I'm getting sick of the double standards because I know if that would have been a couple of white people it would never have become an issue. Hopefully you guys/gals will have a new sheriff you and we citizens can respect soon.

01-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Interesting to note every post seems to forget that innocent people got cuffed and stuffed. We give police officers immense powers in our society and sometimes things go wrong, but let's not act like we need to forgive and forget all their mistakes. I've seen officers on this very site ***** because someone gave their spouse or mother a traffic ticket so let's not pretend they don't already hold themselves above the law. They messed up, they paid. This is hardly the only profession where a mistake results in a financial loss and a damaged reputation. It is just the only profession where no matter how wrong a "brother officer" is, you all defend them.

01-11-2007, 12:55 AM
hey howard, no deputy/officer would dispute that a mistake was made. as far as "innocent" goes...you know nothing so don't make a comment like that. the frustration lies in the fact that if a mistake is made with a certain race of people there is a national outcry, law enforcement is villified and these people get paid. if it was you and your buddy that were mistaken, it would not be newsworthy, no one would care and when you came up the pcso steps with your hands out Coats would have told you see ya in court. in essence howard, there is a double standard that exists, especially in law enforcement and it is extremely frustrating. don't believe me...go to the sppd board...that will blow your liberal mind, howard.

01-11-2007, 01:03 AM
After reviewing the video of this appalling incident I wondered, as the old lady in the Wendy's commercial stated "wheres the beef?"

01-11-2007, 04:37 AM
all you morons know what you see in a video. Go read the IA if you think youre so dammed informed. To those of you who think they should have been fired, go fu-ck yourselves. You have no clue what happened. If you think you saw some sort of brutality you are fu-cking hallucinating. And for those of you that think they were punished enough, go fu-cks yourselves. 12 days of no pay is over $3,000.00 in pay. Show me another job that pays under $100,000.00 a year that fines it's people in the $1,000.00's for a mistake. Its total bull sh-it. Coats is sucking up to a minority class for god knows what. CT was slammed for shooting and it was cleared by the agency and the SAO. This is unacceptbale bull crap. STOP CATERING TO THE GOD DAM BLACKS ALREADY!! When is the last time blacks rioted in a county area???? 1996 was in St. Pete. Clearwater has had a few but they were in the 80's as I recall. Baskins kicked up once in 1994 and it got squashed. Why pay these dirty azz drug dealers tens of thousands of dollars for a few minutes of detainment. The County Commision did not avoid crap on this pay out. Those dirt bags are laughing their azzes off right now. I am sad to say that the Sheriff totally left these guys to the wolves. No backing at all, on any level. And for what? So we don't piss off a militant group of people? I pray the FOP and PBA do not pull for Coats to be Sheriff in 2008. Coats has lost the confidence of a crap load of deputies.

01-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Dirt Bags? They arrested the wrong guys. They weren't involved... It was the wrong car. No one bothered to check the plates. They were different.

If you are going to defend your co-workers that is fine. However, you should at least admit mistakes. They arrested the wrong guys who were just standing there. Yet you call them dirtbags.

No one in the public is going to see your outrage as long as that is your argument.

Please, at least make a good argument, otherwise you continue to make us look bad.

01-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Your leader is a SH!TB@G with no spine. An apology should have been made, a DT form filled out, an offense report explaining the situation, a hardy handshake and a good bye. Instead, your leader opens you up for further litigation by pandering to these handout experts and employment challenged individuals.

On the up side, the drug dealer will now be able to score 5-6 kilos to cook all over Pinellas County on the County's dime. Think of all the seizures that money will generate over time. Oh wait a minute, your legal staff is afraid of seizures, my bad.

Oh well, a new set of 32 inch rims on a piece of junk courtesy of Sheriff No Balls.

But in my mind, your file and rank are still the balls but watch out cuz he will sell you out. Think Nifong from the Duke rape case. :oops: :oops: :oops:

01-11-2007, 05:12 AM
It sucks that a mistake was made and the wrong guy was taken down. The truth of the matter is, these Deputies didn't begin their shift saying, whose ass can we kick today and whose rights can we violate. They came in and tried to do PROACTIVE police work and there was a mistaken identity.

As we know, about 150 of us get killed every year and when we go to a call we know what are actions are going to be but we don't know what the suspects actions are going to be. You would think our safety would have been explained by the Sheriff instead of scurrying over to the plaintiff's side.

To make matters exponentially worse, the Sheriff states that the black community should be offended. Why? If the guy in the store was white they would have taken him down with the same fervor. Would the NAACP or black community be up in arms then? F@ck No. It wouldn't even have been a blip on the screen.

It is time for our leaders to lead and stop pandering to minority groups. We are all Americans and accepting and promoting minorities that pull the race card is just giving them a crutch to not succeed and to further drain from our society.

01-11-2007, 02:32 PM
All these great points about J/C have been posted, I would ask you to remember it when you go to the election polls in 2008. Im sure lots of promises will be made in regards to pay and benefits. Just reflect back over the past two years of his term. I think you will realize that lots of blunders and politically bad stances have been made. Im sure issues like mcintyre, C/T, shooting review boards, IA CRACKDOWN; .selective enforcement and electorial violation will be forgotten or minimized.

Ten6Niner
01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
The Sergeants violated policy. Overzealousness got them in trouble. They did it on video. Similar events happen EVERY DAY involving deputies. The other deputies are lucky they aren't on video when it happens.

"Good Faith" only works when it's good. Arguing that you thought it was the same white Lumina doesn't really work. Now if they said they thought it was the same white Rolls Royce, I could swallow "Good Faith."

They could have taken time to confirm the tag or the identity. These guys were standing in line for a rental car, not robbing the place.

I know y'all hate what you perceive as blind faith in the Administration, but your blind acceptance that a deputy could never make a mistake is just as bad.

01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
We already knew your opinion, so why even post? Now go feed some of your poor criminal inmates.

01-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Dude, you claim you have 10 years in patrol here?? I'd so much love to know who you are. Youre in my generation of hiring here too. If you would like to name it for a 10-56 I'll explain this whole situation to you. You like to remark about what you think happened when you don't a fu-cking thing. No one said that an error was not made here, jerk off. What is said is it was handled harshly by the admin. Go ahead and name the place and I will be there, I promise..........

01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Kudos to 10-6-9r. I applaud your honesty!!!!!!!

01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
After doing some research, I have discovered that the fine individual by the name of Chris Lobban is currently out on bond for multiple counts of violation of probation and awaiting trial for numerous fraud, burglary, fta, bad checks, grand theft etc. and in mutiple counties. It is amazing how this gentleman was even out on bond at the time this occured. Can someone please lay off those sgts for making an honest mistake. It is my hope that Mr. Lobban will be sent to prison for all these pending charges and spend that $50,000 in his canteen fund. I hope the Judge doesnt make the mistake again

01-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Im sick of my tax dollars going to these dead beat scum bags because the SO is completely out of control. I propose we abolish the road side of the SO and let the sheriff handle the jail and serving papers. Let the contracted cities start their PDs again and each city can pay for their own law suits. I think the tax money being lavished out to criminals for stupid reasons must stop.

01-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Mr guest and 10-6 dumbazz, you are both oblivious to what really went down that day due to it being a u/c operation...i.e. none of your business. I suggest both of you get with Coats so you can raise a toast to the fact that he basically allocated our taxpayers $$ so that approx 5 k's of cocaine can be purchased and distributed in whatever form chosen. That and I'm sure Coats has ordered a hands off policy and provided get out of jail free cards as part of the "compensation." MORONS.

10-6 whatever...if you are what you portray yourself to be, I wish I knew who you were. From the sound of other posts, I'd have to stand in line which would be well worth it...if there was anything left which I seriously doubt.

Ten6Niner
01-12-2007, 12:05 AM
The issue with failing to double check the tag was the only honest mistake made.

Nowhere in G.O. does it say put your foot on their face if they turn it toward you or lift it up. Also the extra kick in the legs after he was X15 wasn't necessary either. Again, it's been done before and will be done again. Just remember, hands & waistbands are sources of danger, not eyes & mouths. Also, assume you are on video at all times.

01-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Slim jim has a lot of room to talk about what real cops at the agency do when he sits at his desk all day and writes letters to try to help get his criminal friends out of their charges. Why isnt that on the news???

01-12-2007, 02:02 AM
so you're an expert on G.O.'s now, know it all. you seem to have lost track about what this debate is about. no one is denying mistakes were made. its how coats handled it in a PUBLIC FORUM after the fact. its like another poster stated...coats might have well started heaving rocks and bottles at the po-po himself...who the he11s side is he AND you on anyway. theres such a thing as accepting responsibility and then DAMAGE CONTROL. not throwing your own people under the bus, AGAIN. he's an aspiring politician who's willing to sacrifice his own people for his own personal gain. and your nothing more then a suck up. go paint a house with him, azzhole.

01-12-2007, 07:47 AM
BRING ON PEASLEY

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
01-13-2007, 08:05 PM
10-6 nooner= dispatcher

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
01-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Once a leader starts siding with the silverbacks..... It's be bad!

Sounds WAY too familiar

01-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Listen pud, naem your place and we will meet. You are by far the biggest azzhole I have ever seen on this board. I'd be totall shocked and amazed if you are in fact a Deputy Sheriff at the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office and have 10 years of road experience. If you are, you must be an amazing piece of work. It does not say alot of things in the General Orders, if you did not know. And for the record, the IA's were not about excessive force. So take your puzzy azz to the 2nd floor of the little building east of the SAB and pull the file your dam self. Because you were not there, you were not in ND when this happened, and you sure as hell were not apart of the AID investigation. If you were you would have known that this was not, in and of itself an excessive force issue. And yes tard, you can use your foot to puch someone in lieu of your hand, go back and check when you went to the academy, though I doubt you ever did. And yes you can take steps to secure someone while they are on the ground. Think back to when you did DT in in-service training and they show you how to pin peoples legs, across the top of their calf, remember that moron?? And judging that you most likely have never been to any tactical schools (SWAT or otherwise) when you take someone into custody you control them by keeping the upper advantage and having them look away. This creates a tactical advantage. Plus when someone has blood coming out there mouth you don't have them spit that at you. Now if you are so gentle that you have never had someone bleed from ordering them to the ground, then you must be special. BUt its normal when people go down for things to get abrasions and even sometime cut. And your whole hands and waistbands thing is great, makes me think you work in the jail, but they cant attack what they cant see, thus have them look away.

I tell you what, I'm so pissed off from this whole thing as it is. If I ever figure out who you are, I would truly enjoy punching the fu-ck out of your big mouth and watching it bleed. In no way do I plan to do this, nor am I conveying a direct or indirect threat. But I really get off on fantasing about it. If you are on the road you must be some north county evening shift bozo who everyone hates. Nut up and come work south eves some time, or are you scared of being to busy around bad people that may hand you your azz.

01-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Dude, I agree with everything you said about 10-6 azzhole as I'm sure alot of others do. You need to chill out though because your so pissed off it affected your grammar, spelling etc...but you get a pass because of this a-hole. You are right about him IF he is a deputy, I doubt if he has ever had to deal with tactical/violent situations. He most certainly doesn't know the entire story regarding that incident and is in no position to comment on it. Just like the public only sees what the slanted media wants them to see and make the poor thugs out to be victims. We will never win against the left wing media and sell outs like Coats and Harmon. They and pusses like 10-6-9'er weaken us further and make the fight tougher. We must continue to do what we think is right as the Sgts. involved that day did, try not to make the mistakes that put us in the crosshairs for the liberal media, Coats etc...Don't let this 9'er bait you. He's cut from the same cloth as Coats (no pun intended). Maybe some day the good citizens of this County will wake up and place Harmon, Coats and 9'er in more qualified positions, i.e. social workers.

01-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Right on. leave the crime fighting to the true warriors. let the sissy's monitor the hallways :lol:

Master Yoda
01-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Anger, fear & hate lead to the dark side. You're inability to control your anger is your weakness (and aparently the Sergeants from ND 's as well).

01-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey, thats a cool quote 10-6-9 errrrrr Masta' Yo. NOW BOUNCE, MASTA'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Anger had nothing to do with it. It had to do with controlling the percieved threat and perceived suspect. If it had been the right people it would never had been an issue. There for it should still have never been an issue. No where is a citizen given the right to resist, obstruct or oppose an officer or deputy under any circumstances but a a strict few set forth in case law. This prick did not listen, regardless of his intent. He was lucky is all I can say. 10-69er you are a total puzzy azz mother fu-cker. You probaly hide behind your badge and your taser. You make me wanna puke. I'm sure you would never admit who you are. If you did you would have a long line of guys that would want to kick your little azz and you know it, coward.

01-14-2007, 12:01 AM
We need to have some of these so called Palm Harbor Mafia Idiots removed from this dept. Watch your back in 2008. Maybe some Sheriff will be elected who has their heart and sole in new ideas to help the community and how to bring back the integrity to this Dept. Im sure it wont be an easy task to oust an incumbant , however It can be done.......

01-14-2007, 12:06 AM
hey jerkoff. you think we're all stupid? dats masta yo's (funny as sh1t by the way) 1st post and he sounds just like 10 -6 dumbazz....duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Master Yoda
01-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Perception is reality.

For everyone.

Looking at only small portions does not reveal the whole picture.

01-14-2007, 01:07 AM
yoda your like 2 feet tall, please shut the hell up....

01-14-2007, 01:08 AM
hey 10-yo masta do you sit on a verrrrry tall mountain top to gain all dat knowledge??? And when you refer to small "potions" are you referring to crack or ganga o' wise one?

Master Yoda
01-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Pay attention to detail, young padawan.

I said "portions" not "potions."

Master Yoda
01-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Tupac, size matters not.

Judge me by my size, do you?

No.

You're wise not to. For I am more powerful than my size reveals.

01-14-2007, 01:18 PM
man I miss Sheriff Rice

01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
The issue with failing to double check the tag was the only honest mistake made.

Nowhere in G.O. does it say put your foot on their face if they turn it toward you or lift it up. Also the extra kick in the legs after he was X15 wasn't necessary either. Again, it's been done before and will be done again. Just remember, hands & waistbands are sources of danger, not eyes & mouths. Also, assume you are on video at all times.

Yeah I am sure that the two Sgt's with over 40 years of combined PATROL experience will take your freakin advice. Don't you have a nice safe head count to do somewhere... You DETENTION OFFICER.

01-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Tupac, size matters not.

Judge me by my size, do you?

No.

You're wise not to. For I am more powerful than my size reveals.

You ol' ***** made midget. nothin you say makes any sense. why dont you come to the west side california and talk that talk and let me and my homies ride on you!!!

Master Yoda
01-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Tupac, your anger will be the source of your destruction.

You and your friends should come to Dagobah where I can teach you to control your anger.

01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Yoda Ill pimp slap you

01-17-2007, 11:44 PM
So many fail to see the politics of the SO....Sure the video was lame....Occasionally one must fall on the spear for the sake of the tribe...Im sure some would think that this move fended off the rent a riot crowd......All it seems to have done was compromise the reputations of two fine deputies. Some mistakes were made........but the punishment was to head off racial tensions...........clearly messages have been sent ...the reputation of the SO when the crap hits the fan is no longer as strong as it use to be and if you dont see this you will be next.

01-18-2007, 12:16 AM
If you are unhappy with the way politics have been around the S.O. for the past 16 years then I suggest you do something about it. Remember the problems that have occurred even in the past two years and do your self a justice and vote against the current regime in 2008. You will have no one to blame but yourself after that.

01-18-2007, 06:12 PM
The Motto "beat you now and ask questions later" has finally caught up to your department. Maybe that star isn't as bright, in this county, as you all might think.

PS Your Sheriff is a Coward.....

01-20-2007, 01:03 AM
WISEMAN., HOW CAN IT BE, IF YOU CALL A PERSON A COWARD YOU DONT IDENTIFY WHAT AGENCY YOU WORK FOR. I HOPE YOUR NOT COMPARING THE S.O TO OTHER AGENCIES THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO A TRAFFIC STOP IN CERTAIN AREAS OR A NON-PURSUIT POLICY. YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN UNEDUCATED , UNINFORMED S.O WANNA-BE. I HAVE MY DIFFRENCES WITH THIS AGENCY, HOWEVER COWARD WE ARE NOT. MISTAKES WILL ALWAYS BE MADE AND NO-ONE IS PERFECT. I WILL ASSURE YOU THAT EVERY AGENCY IN THIS COUNTY HAS MADE MISTAKES AND NOW BECAUSE YOU WORK AT AN INFERIOR DEPT YOU MAKE A B/S COMMENT ABOUT ONE OF OUR OWN BEING A COWARD.

01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I was not going to respond to any of these threads until I read the last post which called someone a "S.O. wannabe". I think the only agency most would "wannabe" is TPD. They seem to be a well organized Dept with good morale along with great pay and support from their community, at least for the most part. I can't see an agency where the Sheriif is unsupportive being at the top of anyone's list, but I could be wrong, doubt it though!

01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
A girl in our office continues to brag that she has been stopped three times for speeding in the past two months and is let go because her husband is a deputy. So let me get this straight......it's ok for a deputy to help out a friend because her husband is in Law Enforcement but when the Sheriff it your response is cops taking care of each other...thanks for your 50 cents worth of advice because that's all it's worth.

01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
A girl in our office continues to brag that she has been stopped three times for speeding in the past two months and is let go because her husband is a deputy. So let me get this straight......it's ok for a deputy to help out a friend because her husband is in Law Enforcement but when the Sheriff it your response is cops taking care of each other...thanks for your 50 cents worth of advice because that's all it's worth.

01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I left out a line in my post to you.

You believe a deputy "closing his eyes" to a crime because they have stopped a family member of a deputy is ok.

But if the Sheriff writes a letter on behalf of a friend of family member it is not ok. Again, thanks for the 50 cents worth of opinion.

01-26-2007, 03:45 AM
Guest221 Thanks for your ignorant post. Go sip another Gin -N-Tonic at TUSCONS or the Sports Bar on Ulmerton. IM not sure if Guest 221 is educated enough to know that a official letterhead sent to a judge might out-trump a possible citation. If your not familiar with the ticket printers in the car and the accountability that it requires then your only fooling yourself. This statement is obviously from the damage and spin control idiot inside the inner circle. nice try. Lets here something else...

01-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Let's see.....driving 80mph, (her estimate of the speed she was doing), over the Seminole Bridge ...near the Cross Bayou Little League field and being let go, (3 times), because her husband is a deputy vs writing a letter to a Judge. You need the Gin and Tonic. If the Sheriff's letter would have been written on his personal letterhead instead of the PCSO letterhead we wouldn't even be talking about it. But if the deputy's wife ran over a kid just after being let go my one of the "Good ole cover for each other cops" what would your smart "A" answer been then. It's done everyday, everyone knows it ....just don't be stupid enough to defend it.

01-26-2007, 06:54 PM
What if Guest 221 jumped six inches off the ground and pull your head out your arse. WE can what if all day. Also if it was on personal letterhead I think it would be still associating with a FELON. However not sure now because of the change of policy. You might be able to hang around FELON's who had commited a 2nd degree and below. Im sure your just mad because you got a speeding ticket haaaaaaaaaaaaa. Try again damage control