PDA

View Full Version : When Gee wants to leave....I suggest:

01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I have been sitting around thinking who from this Office should run for Sheriff if and when Sheriff Gee steps down. After a careful review of the candidates that could come from within the Office, I would have to throw my 110% behind Colonel Carl "the Doc" Hawkins. Colonel Hawkins has come up through the ranks at HCSO as a detective, street sergeant, training and now is in charge of Human Resources and Information Technology. He has helped bring in many a fine applicant that have turned into some pretty good deputies. Today this is very hard to do considering that HCSO is falling behind other local agencies in not only pay, but in benefits as well. Just think how hard it is to not only ask someone to come work here, but to get them to take the job knowing that they will be working a longer work week, less pay, less benefits and far less backup with only 1.5 deputies for every 1,000 citizens.

Colonel Hawkins has also revamped the Information Technology Bureau with our now state of the art equipment. He has been at the front lines of Homeland Security issues and has started to connect and share our Records Management Data with agencies within our region.

Sheriff Gee, when and if you retire, you need to look no further than one of your own staff members for your next replacement. You need to look no further than Colonel Carl Hawkins, a very well educated cops cop.

01-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Congratulations!

I have never seen another post on this board more carefully calculated to stir up garbage!

You don't mean a word you say. You just want to get folks all fired up.

The essence of a good joke is to say something so outrageous that it has people rolling on the floor laughing.

You made it!

:? :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o :D :D :D :) :) :) :P :P :P :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I held it in pretty good until I got to the part that said a cops cop.

Then I fell apart laughing. :mrgreen: :cop: :cop: :devil: :devil: :devil:

01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Well EXCUUUUUUUSE ME for being serious about a very impostant issue, the direction our Office takes after Sheriff Gee. Colonel Hawkins is educated, is known through out the U.S. for his teachings and publications, he has beenbrought up through "our" ranks, and now has been over ITB and Human Resources. This to me makes him a much better fit than anyone else from within.

01-11-2007, 01:01 AM
I held it in pretty good until I got to the part that said a cops cop.

Then I fell apart laughing. :mrgreen: :cop: :cop: :devil: :devil: :devil:

There is ONE cops' cop on the staff. Greg Brown.

:wink:

This is not to say there are not other admirable staff officers, such as Schrader, Spiller, York and Duncan, as well as detention folks like Parrish, Lucas and White - but for a cops' cop - Brown.

-----------------------------------

If the original poster persists in claiming to be serious rather than joking, I have two words: Baker Act.

:lol:

01-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Well EXCUUUUUUUSE ME for being serious about a very impostant issue, the direction our Office takes after Sheriff Gee. Colonel Hawkins is educated, is known through out the U.S. for his teachings and publications, he has beenbrought up through "our" ranks, and now has been over ITB and Human Resources. This to me makes him a much better fit than anyone else from within.

Let's see if I remember that term that Cal used in his first inauguration speech.

Oh yeah, I remember now. "Educated idiot."

01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Well I for the life of me can not understand how those that work at HCSO can not see the true value of Colonel Hawkins. The man can not be replaced.

01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Well I for the life of me can not understand how those that work at HCSO can not see the true value of Colonel Hawkins. The man can not be replaced.

Now I KNOW you're joking.

Good line!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Now I KNOW you're joking.

Good line!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I am not.

01-12-2007, 07:45 AM
DALE HYDER WILL BE THE NEXT SHERIFF

01-12-2007, 09:01 AM
LOL

01-12-2007, 09:46 PM
DALE HYDER WILL BE THE NEXT SHERIFF

No more ridiculous than suggesting Hawkins.

Less, actually.

If you had to work suitcase city tonight, which one would you want for a partner?

On the other hand if you need someone to compose an esoteric compendium of irremediable results of the failure to consider the unintended consequences of ignoring the uncertainty factor as it is affected by observation of usually non-observed phenomena - Hawkins is your man!

:roll:

I would prefer to work in an agency led by a high school graduate street-smart cop with an unquestioned dedication to officer safety rather than in one led by an over-educated product of academia who hasn't confronted and arrested a felon in years.

:!:

Has someone checked the IP address to see if this thread wasn't started by Hawkins?

:P :P :P :P :P :P

01-15-2007, 01:30 AM
How about our traing major? He has my support!!!

01-15-2007, 01:51 AM
How about our traing major? He has my support!!!

Outstanding man; experienced both as a street cop and a Secret Service Agent.

However, he is without political connections in our community.

Sheriff Gee should dump his Educated Idiot and make Jim a Colonel.