PDA

View Full Version : Surfside Police working our off-duties.

01-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Ladies and gentlemen,
At the next FOP meeting it will be discussed whether or not to allow Surfside PD to work our off duty gigs when they cannot be filled by MBPD personnell. I would like to know what your thoughts are on this issue so that we can get a healthy discussion going and kind of have an idea how people feel about this.

I personally think it should be ok as long as all MBPD active and reserve have declined the job. I would really hate to see us lose our 59's to FHP, Miccusukkee or however you spell it. Or worse yet have the city change it's policy into saying that "all traffic jobs" dont need a P.O....

Thoughts?

01-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Ladies and gentlemen,
At the next FOP meeting it will be discussed whether or not to allow Surfside PD to work our off duty gigs when they cannot be filled by MBPD personnel. I would like to know what your thoughts are on this issue so that we can get a healthy discussion going and kind of have an idea how people feel about this.

I personally think it should be ok as long as all MBPD active and reserve have declined the job. I would really hate to see us lose our 59's to FHP, Miccosukee or however you spell it. Or worse yet have the city change it's policy into saying that "all traffic jobs" don't need a P.O....

Thoughts?

My fellow officer, thank you for posing such an thought provoking question.

Fortunate are you at MBPD, where your fellow officers have the luxury to pick which 59s you might wish to work.

Frankly, the process should be based on fairness, first and for most, for MBPD officers, sergeants and and lieutenants wishing to work off duty jobs. When no one in your department chooses to work a City approved off duty job, then it should be available to LEOs from your neighboring PDs, and yes, even FHP. We all know Troopers are grossly under paid, and I believe should be part of the substitute team.

It would be a shame, if by inaction, your agency and neighboring PDs were to lose such jobs.

01-09-2007, 11:14 PM
1ST TIME WRITER :) HOW IS EVERYONE?
FROM WHAT I CAN REMEMBER FHP CANNOT WORK ANYTHING WHERE ALCOHOL IS BEING SERVED, SO THAT STRIKES OUT CLUBS AND BARS. THEY FILL IN ROAD/TRAFFIC 59'S(208'S). THEY HAVE OFF DUTY BUT NOT AS MUCH AS WE DO. SPOKE TO A NORTH MIAMI OFC AT THE DOLPHIN GAME AND SHE SAID 11 DIFFERENT AGENCIES WORK OFF DUTY THERE. AS MUCH AS I PREFER TO KEEP WHAT WE HAVE IN OUR OWN CITY, ID A JOB GOES UNFILLED WHAT IS CITY SUPPOSED TO DO?
MEMORIAL WEEKEND WE HAD 3-5 DIFFERENT AGENCIES WORKING OUR CLUBS DUE TO A/B. I DON'T WORK 59'S AS MUCH ANYMORE BUT IF WE ONLY CALL OTHER AGENCIES WHEN WE NEED THEM(A/B) IT MAKES US LOOK LIKE A UNGRATEFUL P.D.

P.S. IF A ROAD JOB GOES UNFILLED, I WOULD RATHER HAVE A OFC. FROM ANOTHER AGENCY COVER IT THAT HAVE ONE OF US,ME:), GET PULLED DURING SHIFT TO DIRECT TRAFFIC...

01-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Miami is paying 45 dollars an hour for all Super Bowl events and is looking to raise it for UM games and we are always short for big events. Outside agencies work special events, the Beach is never there. Come get the money while it lasts

01-19-2007, 03:07 PM
thanks for the offer. we actually have more than we can handle over here. unfortunately some of the beach bred, some old some newer brainwashed, officers want to keep everything in house.

01-28-2007, 01:13 AM
So let me get this straight in MIAMI DADE County they let all of the agencys work off dutys in other citys. Is there a mutual aid aggreement over the entire county where all of the agencys can work off duty's anywhere in the county or is that only for special occasions.

Is everyone going to contribute Officer's for the Super Bowl.

01-28-2007, 07:39 AM
fyi at a regular dolphin game between 9-11 DIFFERENT agencies work off duty at the stadium. for the greedy beach guys who whore themselves and want to keep it all for themselves, remember what goes around comes around. what if NO agencies came over on memorial weekend? they may not do much or anything but officer presence is officer presence..

01-28-2007, 03:56 PM
except when all they do is call off 315's and then have their brass tell them that they will generate no paperwork. to let the beach guys handle it? Or when you have officers from other agencies as defense witnesses against be guys. maybe we should call it officer hinderance.

01-29-2007, 03:40 AM
except when all they do is call off 315's and then have their brass tell them that they will generate no paperwork. to let the beach guys handle it? Or when you have officers from other agencies as defense witnesses against be guys. maybe we should call it officer hinderance.
must be a beach bred ofc. on last quote. look at big picture and out of the box. yes there are outside agencies that call for assistance and paperwork, the brown clowns can do their own. others have to call us. how many times have we called for miami dade or fhp when roll up on stuff out of our city. so yes it may seem like a hinderance to you at times but can you accept that their mere presence is more of a positive than a negative?

01-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Do you guys mind if a Hialeah P.O. works one of your off duties? I would not mind to direct traffic for $45.00 an hour rather than $23.00 :D

01-31-2007, 06:16 AM
if nobody wants to work them then let our closest department except Hialeah and Miami

02-01-2007, 03:26 AM
whoa....why the hatred for Hialeah????

02-01-2007, 03:49 AM
whoa....why the hatred for Hialeah????

Xenophobia?