PDA

View Full Version : Reserve ?

01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Can Detention Deputies from other County S.O.'s work as a Law Enforcement Reserve Deputy?

02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I dont think so. Why you ask?Beacuese we have aSheriff who has never been a deputy.Oh yes and the ASs/Chief, I forgot he has never been one either... Just two dead beats......

02-26-2007, 05:03 AM
I would describe the two gents you are referring to as OPPORTUNISTS and PAWNS.

Yes!!!! They were never LEOs!!!!! But that can be a good thing. But in this case, not a good thing. Someone else is making the decisions in this County! And its not the Sheriff he's just a pawn in a bigger picture!

It would probably be a good thing to give him and his administration walking papers in 2008. But there needs to be a person that is strong enough to stand up the the County Commissioners and the County Administrator. One who was or current is a LEO. Someone not from outside but from inside!

I was a Deputy in Pasco. I know the problems. I still hear it everyday! The same things happening day in and day out. For the older Deputies.... Remember when Squads stayed together for months and sometimes years? The bonding, the crazy pranks we used to do to each other.. The HOSP!, THE TREES, the places we used to meet to screw off!!! And yes we screwed off! But when it was time to work. ALL OF US pitched in and helped out , even Sgts!! You get two good deputies at a burglary and it was done in half an hour. Start to finish! And most of all...THE MILK AWARD!!!! Most of us got along! There were a few "ROSSIs" back then also!
These experiences made us all good cops and friends! Now don't get me wrong. There are good cops today! I've worked with them. But they are now the few. The idea of screwing the other to get ahead is pointless. You are now seeing the problems that creates.

Now I would love to run for Sheriff... I think I would be a fair one. But I also know that now is not the time. The wrong people are in the right positions and not just in the Sheriff's Office but in the County itself. They will not allow this to happen. And they they will do anything to keep it that way. Hey.. Its just politics!

But politics can be a funny thing.

fldeputy
02-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Well, I don't know about "screwing off", because there is simply no time....Where I work, the call volume is so high during my shift, there are nights when I can't even catch a dinner break, plus if you happen to be processing a S21 scene, sure enough dispatch will be calling you to find out when you can take a 10-8 for all the calls holding in someone else's zone. A couple of years ago, maybe, you could find time to meet up with your zone partners and shoot the breeze but those days are gone and dead. It's rare I even see my zone partner or other shift members during my shift unless they are backup units.

Not only that, but when your down 4, 5, 6 plus reports, youre better off waiting till the end of your shift and meet the rest of your friends back at the district. I don't know if an election is going to fix this. I think we need to look at population volume, rate of growth, statistical data on crimes committed and possibly hiring two or three dozen deputies for the District and the jail.

02-26-2007, 01:24 PM
It's true the call volume is huge. I have worked with a zone partner for two weeks now that I have never met. Maybe I will see him at readoff.

I believe that not only do we need more deputies on the road but call takers, dispatchers, someone needs discretion on what calls that we are sent. some non law enforcement calls just dont need a deputy to repsond.

To name a few:

s4, no s16, no inj.
Habitual false alarms
s13p/s13v that is not suspicious
The proverbial bump in the night where someone wants a deputy to check things out.
s12's

Sure alot of these calls only take 5 to 10 minutes to clear, but add to it the fact that it may take 15 to 20 minutes to get x97 and it adds up at the end of the day. Plus what did you have to stop doing to take the call.

fldeputy
02-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Hopefully, there is relief on the horizon. Don't forget to vote this week. :!:

02-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Reasons to respond;

s4, no s16, no inj. If the crash can be handled by a blue form, the trooper won't need to respond. This can help us by having a trooper available for more serious crashes.
Habitual false alarms The purpose is to notify the citizen they have a problem with their alarm. Please leave a door hanger so they can fix it.
s13p/s13v that is not suspicious We have solved and prevented crimes by handling these.
The proverbial bump in the night where someone wants a deputy to check things out. Unless we check things out, we wouldn't know if the "bump" is a prowler or not. Why not check it out?
s12's Doesn't any of your lovedones drive on our roads? How would you feel if an aggressive driver crashed into your family car wiping out your entire family and learning we had a complaint on the driver and did not respond to it?

Don't any of you remember how bad it was under the previous administration? This man has my vote!
http://www.pascosheriff.com/websmart/Pasco/picts/Sheriff_in_Uniform_1_reduced.jpg

02-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Well lets all be grateful that you only have one vote, I am quite sure that I
have been around longer than you as this is my fourth sheriff and I have
come to learn that 2 terms are enough, I must say that I am sorry that I ever
voted for him in the 1st place The last administration was bad but this one
sux and is starting fall around him
WORSCH
NEAL
PAGE

WHO'S NEXT???

03-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Just remember how many people were blatantly screwed over by the last admin. A whole unit. Remember economic crimes? How about a sergeant who was a very good cap detective and stood up for a fellow deputy to a judge and had his 1st amendment rights trampled on? How about a cpl in K9? I really don't think I need to continue even though we both know I could.

The way I see it, There are no other viable candidates as far as I am aware of. I have talked to Rikus and several others and none are committed to running. I think Rikus could control the west side vote, but he is not known in the east and his margin on the west might not be enough.

I think once the boss realizes that the few blindly loyal aren't enough to vote in favor of a contract, he will open his eyes. I am still trying to figure out who it is that thinks the admin can force a new vote to try and get rid of the union if the the contract negotiations go to impass. That usually means the management and membership are at different ends of the spectrum and are having a domestic. If we don't agree, that doesn't equate to disaproval of the labor representatives. It means the contract proposed by the management sucks. How can anyone equate that to them having enough votes to get rid of the union is very not so smart. I guess they have some fuzzy math to recalculate.

03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
maybe some viable candidates think it might be a little too early to announce yet, the election is more than 1 1/2 years away and why give them time to prepare for you. If you announce too early the cronies start to target you and you give them more time to smear you, I believe as time goes by that this sheriff will only dig himself a deeper hole that he won't be able to crawl out of, as more and more of his command staff start to leave something will come out, and someone will emerge as a viable candidate will emerge. So quit trying to justify this guy by comparing him to the past, because you can find good and bad in everyone so lets wait and see what the future holds

03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
i would rather have leon back . at least you knew he was going to screw you if you needed it. this guy has no idea of how to run an agency and his cronies are just staying to build up their retirement. they all need to go.

03-01-2007, 05:35 PM
AMEN,,,,,WELL SAID,,,,,ENCORE,,,,,THIS COULD NOT HAVE BEEN SAID ANY BETTER.... THEY ALL NEED TO GO!!!!!!!!