PDA

View Full Version : Look at this

01-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Here is an idea that just might make sense, therefore it will more than likely not fly further that this site.

Take Patrol and Investigations and bring them together under the same chain of command. Do away with the old school thought of this side and that side.

Reason – At any given time throughout the state we (DEP) are short either in patrol or investigations. Have agents assigned to district lieutenants, (sorry but the number of Lt.’s would need to be cut through attrition or reassignment) Having one Lt. to supervise 3-5 officers or/and agent does not make any sense at all. This is a no brainier.

When either side is short, have the other cover; it’s not like we have a stack of complaint calls, in fact if you look at it, we are all trying to find something to do most of the time.

Put investigators into uniform (They have them already) and work the area they are assigned to. How does this work, will look at FHP Homicide Investigators, they work a specialized field and when not 10-6 on investigations they work the road, what a great idea. FWC does the same; along with every other state agency that has a patrol division, except DEP, we are special.

When Investigations need assistance have patrol go over and conduct investigations; it’s commonly referred to as CROSSTRAINING. It would only require another code on People First so that you could receive extra money for doing this assignment, kind of like the FTO code. It also allows officers to gain the skills needed so that they can promote to the next level and the outside hiring platform can be removed. We are training our next generation of investigators, is this such a bad idea? It also gives Investigators that were hired from outside the agency a chance to work patrol and learn the other 62D rules. There are investigators that have no clue how to work the parks, this is a shame. It should be part of their fto, being they cover our parks while we are away on deployment.

Both sides get something out of it and the state receives the best benefit. They can run full staff on either side at any given time in any location in the state.

Ok, I thru it out there. :roll:

01-06-2007, 06:33 PM
:idea: OUTSTANDING IDEA!

01-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Thank you for an excellent idea. It has been something that I too, have been pitching to the brass for a LONG time.

I agree that other agencies will and do the same thing. Once again DEP is light years behind.

Thank you for an excellent idea!

Maybe finally we can get away from the swabbing toilets and interperative speeches mentality and maybe keep us out of Ranger Academy.

Let's hope and pray

01-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey Genius.
If I am not mistaken, the investigator’s rank is the equal to a Sgt.
Do you want to work for those guys?
They will be the next in line to the Lt. Openings.

01-08-2007, 10:40 PM
I would have no problem of them promoting,, this would leave Investigator positions for patrol also to fill,,,, are you just slow or stupid.

:roll:

01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
It is comforting to know that I work with someone that is willing to sell the rest of us down the river so that he/she can scam an investigator’s position.
I may be slow and/or stupid, but you have no principles which make you uniquely qualified for a top management position.

01-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Which make you "uniquely qualified" to remain a Patrol Officer, if that is as far as you wish to go then, your job is secure.

You people crack me up. :D you would cry if hung with a new rope !!

01-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Here is an idea that just might make sense, therefore it will more than likely not fly further that this site.

Take Patrol and Investigations and bring them together under the same chain of command. Do away with the old school thought of this side and that side.

Reason – At any given time throughout the state we (DEP) are short either in patrol or investigations. Have agents assigned to district lieutenants, (sorry but the number of Lt.’s would need to be cut through attrition or reassignment) Having one Lt. to supervise 3-5 officers or/and agent does not make any sense at all. This is a no brainier.

When either side is short, have the other cover; it’s not like we have a stack of complaint calls, in fact if you look at it, we are all trying to find something to do most of the time.

Put investigators into uniform (They have them already) and work the area they are assigned to. How does this work, will look at FHP Homicide Investigators, they work a specialized field and when not 10-6 on investigations they work the road, what a great idea. FWC does the same; along with every other state agency that has a patrol division, except DEP, we are special.

When Investigations need assistance have patrol go over and conduct investigations; it’s commonly referred to as CROSSTRAINING. It would only require another code on People First so that you could receive extra money for doing this assignment, kind of like the FTO code. It also allows officers to gain the skills needed so that they can promote to the next level and the outside hiring platform can be removed. We are training our next generation of investigators, is this such a bad idea? It also gives Investigators that were hired from outside the agency a chance to work patrol and learn the other 62D rules. There are investigators that have no clue how to work the parks, this is a shame. It should be part of their fto, being they cover our parks while we are away on deployment.

Both sides get something out of it and the state receives the best benefit. They can run full staff on either side at any given time in any location in the state.

Ok, I thru it out there. :roll:

This is the way the marine patrol use to be set up in the field.

01-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Duuh! This is the way almost ALL LE Agencies are set up in the field.