PDA

View Full Version : PAPER!!!

01-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I completely agree with a previous post from the person that suggests that dispatch needs to find a way to track how many reports Officers take. The example about the Officers that sit at the ASO vs CLW/Largo rd. is a very valid point. Also the Officer that calls out OOV all day to dodge calls. Not to mention that seniority doesn't mean squat now w/ the new ID numbers. So a rookie, who hasn't taken a Sex Bat or CD, might not get that call for experience, but a guy that has five years or more on will get that call. The other day I took 6 straight calls while someone was OOV...

01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I see what you're saying, it is just hard to agree with someone who accidently starts his own thread instead of posting a reply. Maybe your attention was OOV. Unless, to paraphrase Pee Wee, you meant to do that.

Seriously, did you even speak to the "officer" who was OOV? I'd suggest having a one on one conversation before posting a whine on this board.

01-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Same shit different day. Unfortunately, the same officers... You know who you are.

01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Just an FYI on the OOV option. When an officer puts him/her OOV it does not mean that they dont get a call just means there not glued to the in-car. In the class we took when you are OOV means you are available to take a call but your not at your computer. So with that i think that someone needs to let dispatch know what it means so there is no confusion. Its no different from before when you go into the PD or get a snack. If you dont do OOV dispatch will hound you about a call they sent and you did not respond. I do not mean this post as a negative one, it is an observation.

01-19-2007, 10:04 AM
dispatch needs to realize that no matter what your out of service title is, whether it be OOV or PAPR, as long as you're listed as available, then they need to be giving calls. It shouldn't be any different than before, when in between calls, an officer could go to a sector office and catch up on reports while still being available.

02-14-2007, 01:46 PM
dispatch has to assign calls by recommended unit, the system should be recognizing and assigning calls to units on oov or papr status. this also has advantages and disadvantages because it selects a unit by the last time dispatched, not by paper, type of call or when you clear. advantage - in theory, calls get dispatched more efficiently. disadvantage - you can get around it by self-initiating a call after your zone partner takes a paper call. dispatch has been told to follow this rule not to track anything anymore. It can and should be overridden if someone is getting pounded but really it's going to come down to helping out your zone partners and supervisors to make sure no one gets overloaded, but we all know how that goes.....