PDA

View Full Version : Vote of No Confidence

01-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Isn't is about time you guys and gals from RBPD had a vote of no confidence on your police chief and his executive staff. Your dept. is extremely understaffed and the crime rate is out of control. It is an officer safety issue everytime you guys set foot on the street due to the lack of officers available. Do this before someone gets hurt badly, or worse yet, killed. You guys deserve better then you have it there. Don't let the mayor and city manager continue to control the PD. Take your own destiny in your hands now.

01-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I agree micheal brown is a moron who stands on both sides of the fence riveria is a plan shit hole. as for chief thomas well hes no better then his brother rodney wheres magonia park now..? go green it's better crime is crazy if u live in riveria i recommend carrying a six shooter on your belt like the wyatt earp days.. :lol:

01-13-2007, 08:26 AM
you guys have a great chief! if he played football i'd compare him to barry sanders.

01-31-2007, 02:20 AM
You an idiot whopper chopper. Our chief doesn't care about us. He is just a figure head. Mayor Brown runs the dept. The chief is just his bobble head shaking yes to everything Michael says. Everyone knows it is just a matter of time and Riviera will be green also. Most of us can't wait. It would be the best thing for us. Crime is running rampant and we are so severely shorthanded, there is nothing we can do about it but run call to call and let the bad guys rule the city. The taxpayers should be so up in arms it is pathetic. Riviera doesn't have the resources to police...period. Green is gold as far as we are concerned.

02-13-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.davie-fl.gov/Pages/DavieFL_H ... cebenefits (http://www.davie-fl.gov/Pages/DavieFL_HumanResrs/Benefits/policebenefits)

02-26-2007, 08:41 PM
i recently attended the retirement of a friend who gave 23 years to the department and decided it was time to move on. i was surprised to see that the department awarded him well for his services, not a gold watch or something really memorable. he recieved a die cast car of a riviera beach police crown vic. and all of his guests had to pay 25 bucks to attend his retirement banquet.

this reaffirmed to me why i left and why i wished the truly talented cops who have jackets that would enable them to get hired at a professional police department would see the green writing on the wall and get somewhere where they are rightly compensated for what they do.

being back in the city i had hoped to see all the new development going on but all i observed was business after business closed. i enjoyed seeing all of my friends there and most had said they are happy. i dont know if that is because of the units they are assigned to or the fact that they were able to make rank (deservedly so).

i just wanted you to know that the grass is greener at least some places. yes, there is always going to be political crap, and there will always be clicks that you have to get over. but if you can deal with being called a rookie and having to listen to an fto all over again, the grass is bright green somewhere out there and places where the departments truly recognize that they need to take care of their officers and treat them accordingly.

i truly miss working with the officers that i built friendships with while i was there and i hope you all stay safe out there when dealing with the goofs. remember, it is truly "us against them" and it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

stay safe and remember.....the goof you deal with may not go home today, but make sure that all of your fellow officers do.

semper fi

05-26-2007, 07:36 PM
damn i went to riviera beach the other day to pick up an app only because im applying everywhere, and holy crap, i thought i was in south central LA. I had to take a leak at a gas station and just about 40 people asked me for money. I was here 10 years ago and it wasn't that bad but now, jeez.

GREEN HORNET
09-08-2007, 12:24 PM
PBSO

fIX YOUR DEPARTMENT

10-07-2007, 03:32 AM
This is the worst of the worst....you want to die at work? This is the place to work....rat infested building, unprofessional organization, incompetent detectives, overworked employees, taking their life in their hands every time they step outside. Married Majors sleeping with road patrol Jokeof the industry. They hire officers that can't get hired any where else. Poor residents. Burlaries and battery don't even get investigated because there are too many murders and shootings to focus on. Singer Island is beautiful, but you have to drive thru the ghetto to get there.

01-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Wow alot of negativity. The grass is not always greener on the other side my friend! Every Police Agency in the county, much less the country has problems. Everyone complains abaout something. Riviera Beach is not for the weak at heart. You gotta work and if you wanna drive around and look pretty, than Riviera Beach is probably not for you. Say what you want, but RBPD catches the bad guy. Granted there's alot of them out there, and still not enouph Officers, but RBPD does a good job. I live in a county pocket and PBSO is spread thin.

03-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow alot of negativity. The grass is not always greener on the other side my friend! Every Police Agency in the county, much less the country has problems. Everyone complains abaout something. Riviera Beach is not for the weak at heart. You gotta work and if you wanna drive around and look pretty, than Riviera Beach is probably not for you. Say what you want, but RBPD catches the bad guy. Granted there's alot of them out there, and still not enouph Officers, but RBPD does a good job. I live in a county pocket and PBSO is spread thin.

PBSO is NO where near as thin as the RAW...Even during the Wendy's 33 we were NEVER as thin as the RAW on a daily basis. I'm sure werkn for Curly Top is answer then huh? Google the word unprofessional and I bet Riviera pops up somewhere in the TOP five links....LOL

The residents know, the officers know, the county knows, they should be GREEN to answer the Community Policing issues that run RAMPID but the administration from Masters on down won't admit that....

04-16-2008, 03:57 AM
yea, like the fifteen sig 21's on my street could be solved by you're CP unit. If you're going to take back a nieghborhood you gotta first patrol it. I might see a deputy once on my street every other week unless called. After my lease is up, I'm moving into a municipality that gives a crap abaout it's residence and responds in a timely fashion, but the Sheriffs Office is so great right!