PDA

View Full Version : Bad bosses = morale problems & higher turnover rates

01-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Bad bosses leave lingering effects
Tuesday, January 2, 2007 11:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new study from Florida State University shows bad managers have an effect on workers.

The school surveyed more than 700 people who work in a variety of jobs about their treatment by supervisors. They found nearly two of five bosses don't keep their word and more than a quarter of them bad mouth workers they supervise to co-workers.

The study also shows bad management leads to poor morale, less productivity and higher turnover.

Study Results
39 percent of workers said their supervisor failed to keep promises.

37 percent said their supervisor failed to give credit when due.

31 percent said their supervisor gave them the silent treatment in the past year.

27 percent said their supervisor made negative comments about them to other employees or managers.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

What is sad, is that these 'bad bosses' dont believe they are bad bosses. At ECSO some of the bosses have lied so much they dont believe they are lying.

01-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Is this suppose to be something new? Some news flash...I think we all know that people work better for better bosses.

01-03-2007, 07:17 PM
who moved my cheese?

01-22-2007, 12:20 PM
No morale problems at the ESO cause our boss is great. Just like the pay! Think I'll go eat worms.

04-05-2012, 12:46 AM
hmmmmm

04-05-2012, 01:49 AM
It was true in 2007 and it remains true in 2012. :roll:

04-05-2012, 06:09 AM
No morale problems at the ESO cause our boss is great. Just like the pay! Think I'll go eat worms.
No need to go and eat worms,...just GO. How stupid are you to stay at someplace that makes you unhappy AND doesn't pay well.

Oh, that's right, I forgot....no one else wants you. Employers seldom line up to hire anonymous whiners, now do they ?

04-05-2012, 10:23 AM
No need to go and eat worms,...just GO. How stupid are you to stay at someplace that makes you unhappy AND doesn't pay well.

Oh, that's right, I forgot....no one else wants you. Employers seldom line up to hire anonymous whiners, now do they ?

Someone hired you and you are here with your anonymous whining. :snicker: