PDA

View Full Version : ****s, ****s, & Real Cops

01-02-2007, 02:24 PM
You got some guys on here that sound like real azzholes. I'm sure they are not all cops, and not all LPD. But heaven forbid they are, I'd hate to work at LPD.

Someone bashed the Belleair Beach Cop for talking about how Deputies allegedly stopped one of yours for DUI and called him a ride. The reason you may not have heard about this is because maybe the Deputies acted like real cops and never talked to anyone about it. Nor the alleged offending party.

I have no 1st hand knowledge of this, but it is nice when I hear about old school cops taking old school action. We have enough enemies out there. We don't need to be canibalizing ourselves.

If you take pride in writing other cops or loading them for DUI because you have high moral standards, congrats. Youre morals are higher than mine. But if you do it because you are a ladder climber, and have done the same violation yourself, you are a ****.

I take the moral low ground and try to give my brothers a break anywhere I can. Unfortunately, smack your wife and you got to go (its da law). But there is alot of grey area there where every day we use discretion and citizens breaks on a whole slew of things.

Lets remember we have different badges, same job and burden. Cut your brother some slack. We always have your back.

01-02-2007, 03:12 PM
You have to realize that most of the posts on here come from non-lpd people or former employees with an axe to grind. I have worked here longer than most others. There are only one or two out of 150 of us that would even think about not using our discretion. Dont't get all bent out of shape because some idiots are running their mouths on an annonymous website. Just like you guys, most of us just want to do our job and go home to our families. Be safe and don't believe the hype.