PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For The Assist

01-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks to Special Ops for helping patrol out over New Years Eve. Though it did not come to the end, so it seemed. Its nice to know officers can go to calls ranging from a 38 in progress to a 21 in progress and be 10-99. Even our supervisors to include our LT stepped up to the plate and helped us. Why can't we just all stay on the same channel. I heard a rumor someone ran from special ops, maybe patrol could of helped. I do realize were are not "special" were just patrol. Maybe it was just to busy and due to being on different channels there was a lack of communication.

01-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Special ops were on a channel, and patrol was on a channel. If it was busy the dispatcher should have sent special ops to assist patrol. The same would go for patrol assisting special ops with a perimeter. Obviously you do not know the facts, or who was in charge of both sectons. Don't bash one or the other, or unless you are trying to stir up the pot,,,,,loser!!!!

01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
What needs to be asked is: Why did the Mids supervisors let so much of their shift off that they were at minimum staffing on a holiday like NY eve? Yeah, you heard me MINIMUM STAFFING. Other agencies regularly post for additional officers to sign up or assign them to work such holidays. Instead, we were run ragged and had to ask some of the spec ops guys to stay late and COVER so that they guys assigned to our shift could go out? So we paid senior guys overtime to cover the shift that some 400 #'s were given off of to go party?? Of course, this will never be addressed. I was glad spec ops was on their own channel. Do you have any idea how busy CH1 would have been?

01-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Last time I checked, patrol officers were paid to handle calls. Unless you were forced to hold over, you really have no basis for a complaint. It's one night, get over it.

You would be on here complaining about not getting the day off if you had been one of the officers requesting it and staffing levels would have been above minimum.

I would wager large sums of money that you are just difficult to please.

Handle your calls in the average manner you always do and take next New Year's Eve off and avoid the aggravation of being a midnight shift officer who actually is busy one night per year.

Oh yeah, one more thing, get a hobby. Bitterness does not suit you.

:wink:

01-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Sorry you missed the point. Remember we have lots of money to pay Spec Ops O/T to cover a short shift when it's time for our next contract. This city obviously has A LOT more money than it needs!

01-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Nearly everytime, if not everytime, Special Ops covers shifts it is adjusted hours shift coverage with no overtime.

The only time it is different is if they are held over without prior notice just like patrol officers.

Sorry you lost your point.