PDA

View Full Version : Another question for Candidate David Morgan

01-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Are you still for an independent citizen review board to review complaints against deputies? Why has this mysteriously dissappeared from this campaign when it was one your key platform points last time. A change of heart, or not wanting deputies to know your intentions?

01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
From his website:

Yes, I am. Exactly what final form it will take I am still open to suggestion(s). However, I do not believe in "re-inventing the wheel." I will replicate and assimilate the review boards that are working in other metropolitan areas. (The PPD has taken such a step within the last year.)

I do not fear, but welcome, outside independent review. I have always held the belief that if you are not engaging in conduct which is either illegal or unethical, then why would you care if someone or agency is "watching?" Answer: You would not.

Oddly, it is law enforcement officers (rank and file) that tend to be the most adamantly opposed to any type of review or oversight. I say that it is odd because those of us that have worked with agencies outside Escambia County, and with other states law enforcement offices, know of instances where these very oversight and review boards have assisted officers in requests for early retirements and acquiring stress pensions and the like. So, you see the "oversight" cuts both ways.

Personally, I do not want nor desire any additional oversight. What manager does? But just like the ESCO personnel who are considering unionizing,(Teamsters) because they feel as though they have been "forced into it," I am sadly of the opinion that such a move is also going to be required (ie Advisory Committee) to bridge the level of mistrust that has been created by the current administration.

Sometimes in life we are forced to play the hand we are dealt. I will do what is necessary to re-establish the professionalism and trust within the department and within the community.

David Morgan

01-03-2007, 04:32 AM
Mr. Morgan,
Iam trying to keep an open mind, but your ambiguous answers are not inspiring much confidence in me.

You say you will "do what it takes" to restore integrity...well, what, in you orinion, will it take? What exactly will you do?

Let's start hearing some concrete plans and proposals that we can either get behind or vote against. Otherwise, I don't see you having much chance in this election.

McNexby may have serious issues, but like the old saying goes, better the devil you know, than the devil you dont, and quite frankly, we just dont know what you will do.

01-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Mr. Morgan,
Iam trying to keep an open mind, but your ambiguous answers are not inspiring much confidence in me.

You say you will "do what it takes" to restore integrity...well, what, in you orinion, will it take? What exactly will you do?

Let's start hearing some concrete plans and proposals that we can either get behind or vote against. Otherwise, I don't see you having much chance in this election.

McNexby may have serious issues, but like the old saying goes, better the devil you know, than the devil you dont, and quite frankly, we just dont know what you will do.

I completely agree that we need to hear more about your specific plans. A huge rumor amongst deputies is your inner circle, I personally believe you will gain support if you draw the line in the sand and state that cop haters are not going to be in your inner circle or have any influence upon you. Also do you support RMPT, and the idiotic posts on this site about ALL deputies being dishonest, and murderers? Tell us how you feel about those accusations, and more important that you do not want or will not accept any help from people that run the sites and make the false statements.

01-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I dont think anyone in their right mind would support some of the fanatics that post on that rmpt site. The problem is that some of the serious nuts have used it, and even used this site, to air their ridiculous accusations. I'm not saying that there aren't some problems at the SO. Everyone knows Ronniemac's history and we all know how things work in this town, it's who you know. I think you have to weed out the idiots and mental cases to get to any real problems. The nuts make it hard for us, like Leroy, Arety, etc

01-03-2007, 02:36 PM
...A huge rumor amongst deputies is your inner circle, I personally believe you will gain support if you draw the line in the sand and state that cop haters are not going to be in your inner circle or have any influence upon you. Also do you support RMPT,

I didn't know there were any 'cop haters' on the RMPT site, just 'bad cop haters' - do I take that to mean that you believe all cops are good and you support all cops, even the Dix's, Sullivans, and yes, McNesbys. If so, the YOU are the problem.

01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
...A huge rumor amongst deputies is your inner circle, I personally believe you will gain support if you draw the line in the sand and state that cop haters are not going to be in your inner circle or have any influence upon you. Also do you support RMPT,

I didn't know there were any 'cop haters' on the RMPT site, just 'bad cop haters' - do I take that to mean that you believe all cops are good and you support all cops, even the Dix's, Sullivans, and yes, McNesbys. If so, the YOU are the problem.

I agree with you 100% those were bad apples as any other person would.

However, your problem is you state that ALL cops are thugs, and murderers. A clearly stupid statement that isn't true.

You make these statements then support david morgan in the same breath, so naturally, deputies are concerned because they do not want people with this view in the ''inner circle.''

So again, this thread if i'm not mistaken is for David Morgan. So Mr. Morgan please respond.

01-04-2007, 05:04 AM
See here is why who his supporters are is crucial. His core supporters are for a civilian review board. The same ones have said what type they want, including subpoena powers and the power to discipline up to and including firing. And you can bet some of his core supporters will end up on that board (hint...the same ones on the CLEO board. They have already tried to get the county commissioners to set up this type of board. You can bet Morgan is sympathetic to it.)

This is what David Morgan supports. Imagine getting a subpoena to sit in front of the CLEO board (boyd, cashwell, watson, Craig ran it for a while) and then them having the official power to fire, suspend, or discipline you how they see fit, and be able to recommend criminal charges against you. They will also investigate all citizen complaints.

Also, does anyone else reading this get the idea that Morgan truly has no clue whats going on. Just some clues:

1. There already is a union. Has been for many many years.
2. We don't have a pension. It's a state retirement system so a civilian review board have no say as to an early pension.
3. There is no such thing as a stress pension. The closest you get is a medical retirement. (Through the state.)
4. Why would we care if someone is watching. We don't. If that person knows what the heck they are doing. How bout I go watch the Military on patrol in Iraq not having ever served. You think I have a clue what I'm watching. That's the problem with imbedded reporters. What they see may not be wrong, but to them it "looks wrong" i.e. Tolbirt and Howell.
5. What's anoying as all get out? Answer: Someone typing "Answer:" at the end of their sentence as if no other opinion is possible.

He's looking better every day... :shock:

01-04-2007, 02:49 PM
You're both an idiot and a liar - with Morgan as Sheriff there would be no need for a citizen review board ; Randy Brown would be put out to pasture (poured out to pasture ?) and a real IA implemented. Bad cops would be weeded out, instead of promoted. Trash would never be hired, no matter who they were related to.

Under the State retirement system there are indeed 'early' retirement options for 'medical' reasons, including stress, which can also result in a worker's comp claim.

Quit you political attemps, Rex, just concentrate on adding some risers to your platform shoes (and maybe get that other 'extension' you need as well).[/quote]

01-04-2007, 03:26 PM
I suggest you go to David Morgan's website and verify he is indeed in favor of a citizen review board and feel free to look up how his supporters want to form it on the CLEO webpage, RPTM archives, and the News Journal. He cannot run from his supporters.

01-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Maybe Morgan will be kind enough to show you his webpage from his last campaign detailing how his citizen review board would work. It was a key point in his failed campaign so now they will try to distance themselves from it or leave out the gory details.

01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Guest? Before you start calling people idiots, perhaps you should read the Florida Workman's Comp laws. I copied this from the State website.

Q: What injuries are not covered?

A: The law does not provide compensation for the following conditions:

a mental or nervous injury due to stress, fright, or excitement;
a work related condition that causes an employee to have fear or dislike for another individual because of the individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicap;
"pain and suffering" has never been compensable in Florida, nor is it compensable in any other state. The employer may not sue an injured worker for causing a catastrophe nor can the injured worker sue the employer for their injury. This trade-off makes it possible for injured workers to receive immediate medical care, at no cost to the injured worker, without any consideration for who was at fault, the employer or the employee. In civil law, negligence must be established through litigation before any compensation is awarded.
Reference: Section 440.02(1), Florida Statutes

01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
So you were wrong about Morgan not wanting a Civilian review board and wrong about stress pension. Damn those things us non wackos refer to as facts. Neither you nor Morgan appear to know whats going on. Do you want to distance yourself from this supporter Mr. Morgan?

He is sounding better every day... :shock:

01-05-2007, 01:43 AM
So you were wrong about Morgan not wanting a Civilian review board and wrong about stress pension. darn those things us non wackos refer to as facts. Neither you nor Morgan appear to know whats going on. Do you want to distance yourself from this supporter Mr. Morgan?

He is sounding better every day... :shock:
How can a review board work with the likes of the CLEO clan, most incidents reviewed are not done in any way fair to the officers. Mr. Morgan, would you allow the media to show only the portions of videos they wished to show only to make the officers look bad and up their ratings? How about Tolbert and Howell, they were railroaded and used as "scape goats" because the heat was on the sheriff at the time. The media hates us and uses whatever they can to pass judgement on officers even before any investigation is complete. If WEAR broadcast any suspected wrong doing or the NJ writes about it our sheriff does not rebut any thing to show he stands behind his people. He only uses it through Smith to persecute the officer to keep the spotlight off of him. Are you going to be the same way if elected? Are you going to continue the history of broken promises like we are now used to hearing? How do we know what lies ahead for us who still hang hoping for something better! Tell us Mr. Morgan and stick to what you say!!

01-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Under the State retirement system there are indeed 'early' retirement options for 'medical' reasons, including stress, which can also result in a worker's comp claim.

Are you saying idiot that there aren't medical retirement options for stress ? Effing idiot, don't try to take things out of context; idiot, there are always medical retirement issues including stress related issues. Mental diseases that are related to other injuries do quailify for worker's comp - print the whole paragraph next time McNugget.

01-05-2007, 04:31 AM
I printed what was there. Perhaps if you can find more YOU should print it here. No one took anything out of context. I commented on what you wrote.

Yes, there are options for medical retirement for stress/mental health issues. No, workman's comp in this state does NOT cover stress/mental health issues.

Enlighten me with proof if you can find it.

Sam needs to come over to this site and censor your posts. You seem to be the only person here using vulgarities and slurs.

01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Just a qucik comment to say that the people that are calling each other an idiot solves nothing. The candidate will not profit from this, it is only harmful and shows a little childish to call names. The main focus should be to win the race and to be factual and truthful, and win on merits of thier own, the name calling is just not necessary and it could cost the candidate votes, just because it shows lack of being an adult and tackling things from the right angle.
Hope this helps the candidates in some way!

01-05-2007, 10:26 PM
this site and the RMPT.com site have already damaged Mr. Morgan and probably through no doing of his own. Supporters which he cannot pick log on, make stupid statments, piss everyone off, then those people go back to work or wherever and tell everyone about the stupid comments. This in turn loses support for the man before he ever begins.

So like this thread originally asked, Mr. Morgan its time to address the deputies and end the false rumors, or clear them up.

01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
The same people who supported CLEO also support David Morgan. The main person behind forming CLEO was David Craig. CLEO found him too extreme and self serving so even they got rid of him. Now Craig Is David Morgan's Media Advisor. To extreme for CLEO but good for David Morgan. Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

He's looking better every day... :shock:

01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
David Craig and Arety Sievers are the primary reasons that I'm not voting for Morgan. Don't need to hear that he can't help who supports him. Don't need to hear that they won't be part of his "inner circle" if he's elected. They're both in it now, and I think Morgan is a fool to not realize that this will/has cost him votes.

01-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Craig produces Blue Lights and that is extremely pro police. Arety may have contributed some money to the Morgan campaign but anyone can do that. I thik you are biatching is because the Morgan videos are made by Craig and they are exposing the truth about Sheriff McNesby. And why not complain about a woman? After all she is having personal troubles so kick her while she is down. Sullivan did that didn't he? But that kind of attitude never gets you in trouble at the ESO does it? I'd ask you this. Why would you vote FOR McNesby?

01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
In response to your assumption, Deputy, I didn't say I was voting for McNesby. I said I'm not voting for Morgan. That's the problem. Some of you assume that if someone criticize someone that we're backing McNesby.

David Craig is a squirrel. He is pro police as long as the police are putting bucks in his pocket. When that stopped, he started "reporting" the problems at the SO. His reaction to criticisim here is a prime example of how "pro police" David Craig is. When confronted on this site about how he didn't see the problems before McNesby S-canned him he ran (memories of his dropping the camera in Mobile), but not before he showed his true colors and stated that he had laid off the reports but because people here weren't playing "nice" he would have to start back. What kind of reporter is that? In my opinion, a vindictive one.

Kick a woman while she's down? She caused her own problems. Don't expect sympathy for that. The posters on this site have been much kinder to Arety in her "time of need" than the RMPT posters were to a mother who asked posters there to leave her dead son alone. Posters there had no sympathy for a grieving mother; I have none for a stripper who posts her sex life on a website. Oh, I'm sorry, she just owns the club.

I read RMPT tonight and they were making snide remarks about the Hooters girls. Its hard for me to understand how Hooters RESTAURANT is a bad thing and Arety's Angels STRIP club is not. Could you explain that to me, Deputy?

Just so you understand, Deputy, I'm not voting for McNesby. I'm not voting for Morgan either.

01-07-2007, 12:45 PM
If the 'dead son' you're referring to is that piece of crap Casey Brown (had to say Casey so we wouldn't confuse him with the other piece of craps Browns such as his father drunk Randy, his brother pyschopath David, and his refused to raise the kids mother), then there is a difference - the sex Casey was involved in was a violent rape at knife point.

01-07-2007, 03:26 PM
That doesn't mean his mother doesn't love him, lay off.

01-07-2007, 04:00 PM
If she had loved him she wouldn't have shuttled him back and forth forcing him on Randy, trying to punish Randy for shacking up with his girl friend.

01-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Fact #1: Morgan is running a successful campaign
Fact #2: The only thing that McNesby has thought to do is bash supporters. If you really think that will resonate with the voters - have at it.
Fact #3: Soon McNesby will be a convicted criminal. That can't help.
Fact #4: McNesby has little support from the deputies and that is shrinking.
Fact #5: I see alot of name calling and generalizations on this site but YOU NEVER STATE A SPECIFIC concern. It's hard to fight the truth.
Speaking of which: Here is the next Morgan campaign show:

http://72.12.51.34:8080/ramgen/reality/morgan-show-2.rm

Why not watch it and let us know what you think about the concerns raised in the program?

Fact 6: Sheriff David Morgan - get used to it.

01-13-2007, 04:58 AM
Hey Ronniemac. Please go to trial in Wisconsin. That will give you a few more months (maybe) to think you are the big dawg here. But then comes the "trial tax." You couldn't beat these charges with a busload of New York Lawyers. You might even get a little time behind bars to think about how life could have been if you didn't get caught for so much crap you did. Better hope that the Feds don't move on that perjury charge. We know who shot the deer. So does the taxidermist. It's in the paperwork. Your deer. King George just didn't want to take the fall for the felony and lookie here! He didn't get charged! Wonder why not? You got rolled on so hard you'll look like a pancake by the time they are done with you. Morgan is the least of your worries. Turned out that your close friends and your very self are your downfall. Now that is what I call justice.

02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Maybe Morgan will be kind enough to show you his webpage from his last campaign detailing how his citizen review board would work. It was a key point in his failed campaign so now they will try to distance themselves from it or leave out the gory details.

02-19-2007, 03:36 PM
From the number of suggestions posted on Morgans web site it would appear that there are no problems at the Sheriffs Dept.. The suggestion box page on his web site was opened on June 26 and on the same day six suggestions were posted and then it took Morgan 2 days to answer the one question that was asked. If there are only 6 suggestions about problems at the Sheriffs Department that has been asked in almost a month it would appear that not many are interested in Morgans opinion or there are no few problems that need suggestions to solve. Besides he must be too busy to solve a problem if it takes him two days to answer a simple question.

02-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Maybe David Craig was too busy doing "investigative reporting" to answer them for Morgan. People have asked Morgan to respond to a couple of questions here but David Craig took the honors and responded.

If Morgan is too busy to answer questions on his website and too busy to read and respond to questions posted here by the very people he wants to manage, what expectation should we have that he'll do anything differently if he is elected?

Status quo

02-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm more worried about being in debt to David Craig, Leroy Boyd, Doc Ely (the Taser Kills guy), Arety, etc. etc.

02-20-2007, 01:10 AM
David Morgan doesn't return phone calls, at least Fred Levin will! Maybe we should get him to run, couldn't get any worse! Morgan lost my vote and I'll be "damned" if I vote for the incumbent.