PDA

View Full Version : A question for Candidate David Morgan

12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
I'd ask you on your website but I know you'd never let it get posted. Let's pose a purely hypothetical question. Let's say one of your supporters accused another of your supporters of sexual battery. The other support denied it and said it was consensual. Both say this in an official police report. The police don't do anything. Do you:

A) Not allow the alleged suspect to work with you because he/she may have done it.

B) Not allow the alleged victim to work with you because he/she may have been lying trying to get the alleged suspect in trouble.

C) Allow both of them to continue working to support you because you need all the help you can get.

D) Demand further investigation into the incident because it is a serious allegation that shoud be investigated fully.

12-28-2006, 11:52 PM
I'd say further investigation is needed. How about polygraphs or any other evidence like photos or videos. You can never underestimate the imagination of a wife who's been caught cheating on her husband and doesn't want to be seen as the bad guy.

Hang in there Greg

12-29-2006, 01:42 AM
I hear that good old David Morgan has dipped his quill in the old ink well himself, therefore he has quite the quandary!

12-29-2006, 03:57 AM
Cheating? Did someone cheat? This leaves so much to the imagination. Feels like I'm back at the RMPT site. So many ways we could spin this drama.

12-29-2006, 04:05 AM
Interesting... I would assume that the way he acts towards his supporters is a good prediction of how he would handle deputies. You're not one for cover ups or favoritism are you?

12-29-2006, 08:16 AM
You people are so easily misdirected. It's not about supporters. It's about the candidates. McNesby is an uneducated thug that the voters here were dumb enough to elect. David Morgan is qualified, educated and very ethical.
Let married couples workout their own problems without your juvenile interference. Stick to the subject. The candidates.

12-29-2006, 12:51 PM
I beg to differ. The deputies have been open game with wild (some with even no evidence) accusations. They have been used as supposed evidence of Sheriff McNesby's poor management skills. If David Morgan can't manage his supporters and turn away those of ill repute, it seems to be an excellent predictor of who he will surround himself with for advice and leadership positions. BTW, domestic violence with alleged sexual battery isn't just "married people working out their own problems...". Maybe we should start a website with all the police reports and public records of his supporters. Why does such a "great" candidate attract the type of supporters he has?

12-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Amen

12-29-2006, 03:21 PM
David Morgan has focused on McNesby and management as the problem at the ECSO. Not the deputies. He always refers to problems with training and leadership if an incident with a deputy is discussed. I know. I've listened to all his talks at his website. Have you? You don't CHOOSE or MANAGE your supporters. People are free to choose whom they wish to support without fear of being managed or shunned. Deputies are representatives of the Sheriff and should be properly selected and managed by that Sheriff. You can BS all you want but it won't change the facts. David Morgan is going to be the Sheriff in Escambia County. Your ill mannered arguments ignore the crimes of Harry McNesby. He has covered up numerous violent acts while in office. Several of which resulted in deaths. Several deaths in his custody are currently still awaiting any release of information months after they have occured. There is a pattern of criminal charges against him, wounded & dead civilians around him & no answers coming from him. Worry about your own marriage. If you can't realize that the ape masquerading as your sheriff is the enemy of his own populace than you won't make much of a companion.

12-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Nicely expressed. David Morgan deserves our support. He will be fair to his deputies.

12-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Everyone agrees change is needed and welcomed. Deputies and citizen deserve better. What you fail to realize is how much you hurt david morgan. People and deputies read the garbage you post, then they associate you with david morgan, and people fear that david morgan , like every single sheriff before him, will surround himself with bad administrators and forget all about the deputies.

just a few short years ago, the community supported the sheriff to include leroy boyd and movement for change.

so instead of focusing on david morgans positives, his ideas for change, and how they will benefit us all, and why we should support him, stick to the good old the sheriff id stupid, all deputies murder people, blah blah blah.

so keep preaching your lies and hate sheriff mcnesby appreciates the votes your generating for him.

12-29-2006, 06:33 PM
David Morgan is an idiot.

12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
I disagree

12-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Anyone that would surround himself with the likes of; Arety, (who has now accused her husband of putting his penis in her mouth without permission), David Craig, (a well documented nut-case), Leroy Boyd, ( I hate the white man especially the white man poe poe), as his number one supporters... is a COMPLETE IDIOT!

12-29-2006, 11:03 PM
I hear the pictures show it was more than consentual, so you know she's a nut and will say anything

12-29-2006, 11:45 PM
You know how the internet is littered with everyones sex photos I shure they will be there soon, if not already. Then everyone can decide for themself.

12-30-2006, 06:05 PM
David Morgan has focused on McNesby and management as the problem at the ECSO. Not the deputies. He always refers to problems with training and leadership if an incident with a deputy is discussed. I know. I've listened to all his talks at his website. Have you? You don't CHOOSE or MANAGE your supporters. People are free to choose whom they wish to support without fear of being managed or shunned. Deputies are representatives of the Sheriff and should be properly selected and managed by that Sheriff. You can BS all you want but it won't change the facts. David Morgan is going to be the Sheriff in Escambia County. Your ill mannered arguments ignore the crimes of Harry McNesby. He has covered up numerous violent acts while in office. Several of which resulted in deaths. Several deaths in his custody are currently still awaiting any release of information months after they have occured. There is a pattern of criminal charges against him, wounded & dead civilians around him & no answers coming from him. Worry about your own marriage. If you can't realize that the ape masquerading as your sheriff is the enemy of his own populace than you won't make much of a companion.

My my my, such hypocricy and double standards. What about the OUTER on rmpt going through all McNesby's campaign contriubutors? That was relevant to you then. Now your saying that should be ignored for Morgan. Are you telling me Morgan is so weak he can't even get his media man Craig to not have certain supporters appear in his campaign vids? Morgan can't refuse a campaign contribution? Morgan can't request his supporters not to put his signs in front of legal, but immoral businesses? Morgan can't have a chat with a possible sexual batterer or a possible perjurer and tell them he really doesn't need their two votes?

What you are failing to admit is these "suuporters" of Morgan that he can't control are the ones who built up this momentum (all be it tiny) and talked Morgan into running. He has been listening to these people and their misguided opinions and now the real "them" are coming out. These aren't supporters like some guy on the street who is going to vote for him. These are core supporters, the inner circle, the ones who form his opinions. He says so in his own campaign video (hosted in Santa Rosa rather than the county he wants to be a Sheriff in :roll: ) So if these are the type of people who motivated him to be sheriff, they are his core supporters, and those who have molded his opinions, he has a real problem. Those people's actions and ethics are certainly relevant. It's like saying to ignore the fact that national candidates accepted contributions from Chinese Communists. It's EXTREMELY relevant who Morgan recieves his money from. That's why they make it public record who gives money and how much they give so you can see where their backing comes from. Morgan WILL NOT be able to seperate him self from his supporters or contributors. For you to suggest it asks us to turn our back on simple demorcratic electorate practice. What type of candidate will take a person's money, then try to tell us his campaign has nothing to do with them :shock: ?

12-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Well stated...right on target.

12-30-2006, 10:19 PM
It's on target if you believe the moon is made of green cheese. You have nothing negative that can be said about Morgan so you hand pick contributors to his campaign that you don't like and act like they are running his campaign. Anyone can donate money to any campaign. And that's all it is; money. Influence is only purchased from the corrupt politician. Why don't you ask McNesby if he has returned any legal contributions EVER. If you think that by attacking civilian voters who have made contributions you will gain credibility in this campaign - good luck. No matter how you twist the words it works out like this. Morgan is qualified, experienced, honest and educated. McNesby has felony charges that just "went away," three current hunting criminal charges, several grand juries for his actions, a trip to the Ethics hearing and a jail that excels in producing dead prisoners. The facts suggest strongly that McNesby is a criminal. If you want him, you can have him. If you can keep him out of jail or get him elected again. Personally I prefer new blood. I notice that no negative comments ever seem to question Morgan's platform ideas. Keep an eye on Morgan's contribuors list. I'm sure that as time goes on you'll have lots more civilian contributors to throw spears at. It's pretty clear that you don't respect the public that you are supposed to serve or you wouldn't want McThug in office. STBRM.

12-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Platform Ideas? Hmm lets take a look at them from his website:

More pay for deputies. What candidate is going to say he wants less?

More adherence to policies. What candidate is going to say he wants less?

Public Records made available. Umm yeah, its the law, you have no choice. Such a brave stance. Yet this is something his core supporters scream about. (p.s. thousands and thousands of records pulled. To what end? Let me guess... just wait and see. :roll: )

Improved Morale by allowing deputies to make anonymous suggestions. I think we can already do this, but thanks for knowing what it would take to improve morale. Maybe you should start by muzzling all your cop hating supporters spewing lies and half truths at RMPT.

Clear Avenues of fair arbitration following the Officer Bill of Rights. (First its the law you have no choice, another brave bold statement. Second Tolbirt and Howell used this to get their jobs back from the frenzied cop haters releasing an edited video, Third you are the ones who want heads to role at the jail when the investigation isn't even completed. Fourth, this is to placate more of your supports, i.e. those who have been fired and deserved it. Was this a trade for your campaign manager?)

The last is my favorite :

Restoration of public trust in law enforcement and the jail through leadership by personal example. Outside assistance (as needed) will be recruited to set up a model correctional facility. We will not have unexplained deaths in our correctional facilities.

Who is that outside assistance? None other than some of your core supporters? Which death was unexplained that is not currently being investigated. I guess the candidate has the Power of the Almighty to ensure every death is explained. (Perhaps this is why he ends his rant on his page with "Follow Me.") I'm sure all the years in the military and P.I. work has made him more of an expert than FDLE, FBI. Medical Examiner, Grand Juries, the SAO, the ECSO investigators.

See the crazy supporters have deluded him into thinking all these agencies are in collusion, but through his personal example he will overcome all these agencies conspiracies and appease the crazed supporters (which may or may not include a sexual batter or perjurer).

He's sounding better all the time :roll:

12-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow, Rex, you learned how to make bold print - must be tough while standing in platform shoes on a Coke flat just to reach the keyboard....

01-01-2007, 06:34 PM
How can Morgan say he's for anonymous suggestions without retribution yet all the posts to his suggestion box on his website are screened and censored. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm... :shock:

01-04-2007, 05:08 AM
Why is he so ambiguous in his plans. He either doesn't know how he is going to specificaly change things or he doesn't want us to know how he's going to change things.

01-06-2007, 02:22 PM
I would like to know the connection between David Morgan and his campaign manager Doc Ely. (Failed bid for County Commissioner.) Are we going to have to rehire his fired son if Morgan wins?

01-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Why was his son fired? I've wondered if they were related. I don't know anything about Doc. Fill us in if you can.

01-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Surely Mr. Morgan has no clue why Mr. Ely was fired from the SO. The question is not why was he fired, but more over, why is he not in prison.

01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, I don't know. That's why I asked.

01-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Pixie Dust....why is it that the RMPT.com folks can post questions about McNesby's contributors, but you guys get bent out of shape when Morgan's get posted? Is he taking money from HAMAS or something? LOL

01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
If McNesby were smart he would get Bill Eddins or Wendell Hall to pursue perjury charges on Arety for her little DVI fiasco in court the other day - convict her and she can't hold a whiskey license any more, no more license, no more Arety's Angels, no more money to support Morgan or the RMPT site..... Greg could do it, too.

01-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Great idea. Have a corrupt Sheriff poke his nose into a marital conflict in another county. It sure would be the type of thing that our dirtbag sheriff might try. I guess there are some problems withthat though. For one, the DV injunction was extended for 90 days. Doesn't look like the judge thinks it's a false report. on another subject related to McNesby consider this:

Fact #1: Morgan is running a successful campaign
Fact #2: The only thing that McNesby has thought to do is bash supporters. If you really think that will resonate with the voters - have at it.
Fact #3: Soon McNesby will be a convicted criminal. That can't help.
Fact #4: McNesby has little support from the deputies and that is shrinking.
Fact #5: I see alot of name calling and generalizations on this site but YOU NEVER STATE A SPECIFIC concern. It's hard to fight the truth.
Speaking of which: Here is the next Morgan campaign show:

http://72.12.51.34:8080/ramgen/reality/morgan-show-2.rm

Why not watch it and let us know what you think about the concerns raised in the program?

Fact 6: Sheriff David Morgan - get used to it.

01-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I disagree that the Sheriff has forgotten about Green&Garnett. Sure there could be increased patrols but would they really have a long lasting effect? its gonna take alot more than police to fix the problems.

There are several neighborhoods in the county like this one, but if you did the research you would see several calls for service from the ECSO to this area with several arrests being made. Does it do any good? no. when one person is arrested for selling drugs, 10 more take their place, it's a never ending vicious cycle.

When you consider that our county is amongst the poorest in the nation and the state, lack of jobs, lack of education, broken homes, ect ect. all of these factors contribute to the state of the neighborhood and others like it. The problem is far greater than the sheriff not caring. Arrests are only short term solutions when those people are released they come right back.

The gentleman in the video seemed offended that not a single deputy would live in his unit rent free. Are you serious? you own several units there and you dont even live there. Can you say that if a deputy accepted your offer and lived rent free that you would expect nothing in return? would you pay for the damages to his/her patrol vehicle while its parked there?

Instead of criticizing the deputies, here's another solution, in crestview, they had a problem area, a property owner, donated his building to the PD to be used as a small precient, the PD moved in and set up shop and the problems moved away. Have you considered that? Have you considered hiring off duty officers like several other neighborhoods, or private security if the sheriff wont go for the precient idea? If the sheriff wont listen contact crime stoppers, or division heads, contact narcotics, or the community police division, call bike patrol. Get the names and numbers of the people you talk to. Write letters to your congressman. If you dont like the ecso, hire off duty Highway patrol.

Ask Mr. Morgan to set up his campaign headquarters in your unit.

I would question the tenants who reside there. Do they do everything in their power to help themselves? When the deputies respond to investigate crime do they say they didnt see anything? does that help anyone? do they report any suspicious activity every time they see it? if not, they should. Do you accept hud? Do you do background checks on your tennants? Do you maintain your properties and keep current with code enforcement? These could all help.

Have you walked up to the gas station on the corner there and asked them to stop selling drug paraphernalia? The little roses in the glass vials aka crack pipes and the wool? that may help. Have you asked movement for change, naacp, local church leaders to help? maybe intervene BEFORE young people are arrested and ruin their lifes? that may help. With brownsville church being so large and having plenty of resources im sure they would help or be in position to apply pressure on the sheriff to help.

Send in the Marines! contact nas pensacola, the marines and sailors always look for community outreach, ask them to come in and work, paint, and clean up the area. ask gulf power to install more lighting. Have you set up a neighborhood watch program?

Also, please post the name of the deputy that told you he/she was afraid to do his/her job so they can recieve more training, or find employment elsewhere.

Nice photo of the 4 young black males on the corner, are you implying that they sell drugs? Since when is it a crime for 4 black males to stand outside? I saw no wrong doing in the photo of them, the only thing they were guilty of was being young black males.

If you are able to video/photograph them for campaign purposes, then I ask you, why can't you photograph/video them selling drugs and then turn the tapes over to the ECSO for investigation? If the ecso wont accept them take them to the sao. Get channel 3 out there.

01-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I disagree that the Sheriff has forgotten about Green&Garnett. Sure there could be increased patrols but would they really have a long lasting effect? its gonna take alot more than police to fix the problems.

There are several neighborhoods in the county like this one, but if you did the research you would see several calls for service from the ECSO to this area with several arrests being made. Does it do any good? no. when one person is arrested for selling drugs, 10 more take their place, it's a never ending vicious cycle.

When you consider that our county is amongst the poorest in the nation and the state, lack of jobs, lack of education, broken homes, ect ect. all of these factors contribute to the state of the neighborhood and others like it. The problem is far greater than the sheriff not caring. Arrests are only short term solutions when those people are released they come right back.

The gentleman in the video seemed offended that not a single deputy would live in his unit rent free. Are you serious? you own several units there and you dont even live there. Can you say that if a deputy accepted your offer and lived rent free that you would expect nothing in return? would you pay for the damages to his/her patrol vehicle while its parked there?

Instead of criticizing the deputies, here's another solution, in crestview, they had a problem area, a property owner, donated his building to the PD to be used as a small precient, the PD moved in and set up shop and the problems moved away. Have you considered that? Have you considered hiring off duty officers like several other neighborhoods, or private security if the sheriff wont go for the precient idea? If the sheriff wont listen contact crime stoppers, or division heads, contact narcotics, or the community police division, call bike patrol. Get the names and numbers of the people you talk to. Write letters to your congressman. If you dont like the ecso, hire off duty Highway patrol.

Ask Mr. Morgan to set up his campaign headquarters in your unit.

I would question the tenants who reside there. Do they do everything in their power to help themselves? When the deputies respond to investigate crime do they say they didnt see anything? does that help anyone? do they report any suspicious activity every time they see it? if not, they should. Do you accept hud? Do you do background checks on your tennants? Do you maintain your properties and keep current with code enforcement? These could all help.

Have you walked up to the gas station on the corner there and asked them to stop selling drug paraphernalia? The little roses in the glass vials aka crack pipes and the wool? that may help. Have you asked movement for change, naacp, local church leaders to help? maybe intervene BEFORE young people are arrested and ruin their lifes? that may help. With brownsville church being so large and having plenty of resources im sure they would help or be in position to apply pressure on the sheriff to help.

Send in the Marines! contact nas pensacola, the marines and sailors always look for community outreach, ask them to come in and work, paint, and clean up the area. ask gulf power to install more lighting. Have you set up a neighborhood watch program?

Also, please post the name of the deputy that told you he/she was afraid to do his/her job so they can recieve more training, or find employment elsewhere.

Nice photo of the 4 young black males on the corner, are you implying that they sell drugs? Since when is it a crime for 4 black males to stand outside? I saw no wrong doing in the photo of them, the only thing they were guilty of was being young black males.

If you are able to video/photograph them for campaign purposes, then I ask you, why can't you photograph/video them selling drugs and then turn the tapes over to the ECSO for investigation? If the ecso wont accept them take them to the sao. Get channel 3 out there.
Hoo Rahs! to the author of this post. Finally someone with some sense to respond intelligently. To the man at Green and Garnett, I think you just got put in your place!

01-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Another Bravo to this author!

Nothing irks me more than people assuming that every group of young black males are drug dealers or there to commit a crime.

If Mr. Morgan and his entourage witnessed these kids selling drugs, it was his civic responsibility to report the incident to the Sheriff's Office. If he didn't witness them committing a crime, then he's making assumptions based on the color of their skin. Which one was it?

01-10-2007, 10:23 PM

Its not the Sheriff's job to determine if there will be 'long lasting effects', or else, after 70 years (Marijuana Tax Act of 1937) we would no longer be enforcing ANY drug laws ANYWHERE - drug enforcement has been an abyssmal failure in effecting long term change. And what was the long term public good served by the Sand Shaker investigation ?

My point exactly - so why is the Sheriff wasting our tax dollar with a narcotics unit; or, more to the point, tell us, O Wise One, which of the arrests by that great unit have resulted in long term change.....

Except for death sentences and life without parole, isn't that true of every arrested person - don't they ALL eventually end up back on the street ?

Do other deputies living in free apartments do nothing for their landlords ? Are deputies only living for free at apartments where the owner is also a resident ? Are all of the free apartments including repairs to cruisers also ?

Hire, hire , hire - wont the sorry SOB's do the job for the paycheck they're already getting from the taxpayer ?

They do all of those things.

They sell the same things on Pensacola Beach, Perdido, and the Circle K on Bayou - so what ?

Guess we'll have to do just that since Ronnie Mac won't do the job he took an oath to do.

01-10-2007, 11:10 PM
So what? what about other people, what about other neighborhoods? worry about everyone else and make no effort to help yourself, then sit around and wonder why your neighborhood is like it is.

Sheriff is stupid, sheriff sucks, ged, illegal hunter.. blah blah...

We alreay know the problems, what are your solutions? So again, David Morgan, respond, and not these RMPT idiots.

01-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Dave Morgan has asked me to respond to the concerns expressed in the "disagree" post.

I found some of the lengthy comments & suggestions re: Green & Garnet to be disturbingly off base. Dave Morgan and I met and spoke with these residents and found many of the facts to be different from those expressed in the above post.

First, it was never stated that McNesby has forgotten Green & Garnet. I think it is fair to say that he’s made a conscious decision to surrender the neighborhood to criminals. Gangs deal drugs openly on the streets. The residents have identified dealers and even given videotapes of drug transactions and other illegal activity to the sheriff only to be ignored.

You say “there could be increased patrols but would they really have a long lasting effect?”

The residents have begged for more patrols. When Jerry Jones spoke to McNesby all he got was a dial tone after asking for help. More patrols would definitely have some degree of positive effect in conjunction with more citizen contact and stings. By your logic the police should just stay home and draw paychecks. More police, less police – what’s the difference?

“when one person is arrested for selling drugs, 10 more take their place, it's a never ending vicious cycle.”

My friend, you either fight crime or you allow it to run down your communities. I imagine if the drug dealers were on the streets in McNesby’s neighborhood he’d increase patrols. The residents of Green & Garnet are poor. They have no clout with the sheriff and he has decided to allow the area to be overrun by crime. In the current “Most Wanted” show on BLAB TV, Sgt. Vinson stated that when the sheriff knows about problems with drugs in an area he will send people in to straighten it up. No such response has occurred on Garnet for a long time.

Prior to the McNesby administration there were often concerted anti crime operations in that neighborhood. I know because I was present at many of them. It did successfully cut down on the number of dealers present and the ease with which they conducted business. When more dealers came out they would arrest them too. We now find ourselves at the beginning of a new millennium and what has changed on Garnet? It has deteriorated to a state worse than ever. It all can be blamed on McNesby. He has failed in his obligation to protect these citizens and refuses to correct the situation.

“Can you say that if a deputy accepted your offer and lived rent free that you would expect nothing in return? would you pay for the damages to his/her patrol vehicle while its parked there?”

Deputies always offer neighborhood security duties in exchange for rent free apartments. Why shouldn’t the landlord expect that in return? And as to the patrol vehicle… My personal vehicle was vandalized recently, the first time I met with the concerned neighborhood watch residents of Green and Garnet. I will repair it. It didn’t stop me from going back to meet with them again. If a patrol vehicle is damaged the county will fix it. That is what insurance is for. Are you telling me that the vehicles should stay out of the worst areas of town because they may be vandalized? Yes. Of course you are.

"Instead of criticizing the deputies, here's another solution, in crestview, they had a problem area, a property owner, donated his building to the PD to be used as a small precient, the PD moved in and set up shop and the problems moved away. Have you considered that? Have you considered hiring off duty officers like several other neighborhoods, or private security if the sheriff wont go for the precient idea?".

The position of the Morgan campaign is that we do not criticize the honorable, hard working deputies. On the contrary, we hold the administration responsible for ECSO failures. Though donating a building as a substation might help, you'd have to park your cars there so that idea is out, right? Plus saying to the owner that he has to pay for protection is too much like a protection racket. It is also an outright admission of inability to overcome the adversity with standard police responses to the circumstances. I think you know that these poor folks can't afford to hire off duty security. And if they could what is the message you are sending? We won't protect your neighborhood unless you pay us off. Come up with the cash and your crime problems will vanish. And therein develops another contradiction. Will more patrols help or not? You say they won't. Not unless they are off duty and paid cash. Something is wrong with that picture.

“Arrests are only short term solutions when those people are released they come right back.”

Enough short term solutions strung together equal a long term solution. If actual dealers are arrested it’s likely that they will find their way to prison. Nobody comes “right back” from prison. Their release will likely be years down the road. If enough dealers get prosecuted on that street, the remaining ones will have to find someplace else to go. It makes me wonder if that is McNesby’s plan. Let dealers control selected neighborhoods and they won’t be tempted to deal on the streets of the better protected areas with the more influential residents.

“post the name of the deputy that told you he/she was afraid to do his/her job so they can receive more training, or find employment elsewhere.”

First, if your deputy wants to let you know they are afraid than they can tell you themselves. Second, fear is a valid emotion since due to McNesby’s “no protection policy” on Garnet it’s unlikely that deputy could expect much backup. And third but not least, since you are afraid of cars being vandalized in high crime areas to the exclusion of parking them, you are making fear a policy with your attitude. The deputies I’ve known over the years are more than willing to go into combat, literally, to fight crime. Their hands are being tied by a politician. Ron McNesby.

"With brownsville church being so large and having plenty of resources I'm sure they would help or be in position to apply pressure on the sheriff to help."

I thought you said that more patrols won't help. Pick a position and stick to it please.

"Nice photo of the 4 young black males on the corner, are you implying that they sell drugs?"

No but you are. Good guess though because two among the many persons I photographed that day were either selling drugs to the driver of a stopped car or rehearsing for a crack dealing part in a play. Spotting a drug deal on Garnet or Green is not very difficult. My photos were not definitive and residents have given the ECSO lots of photos, information and subject descriptions with no results.

Call channel 3? As a 40 year member of the media, 17 years as a crime reporter and former ECSO Reserve Deputy, I can tell you that Channel 3 News, RNN NEWS or FOX News is not the direct approach to this problem.

Ever watch the old westerns? If they wanted to gain control of "Indian territory" only one thing seemed to work. They sent in the cavalry.

SEND MORE POLICE patrols and special operations to Garnet and Green. And be careful out there. It's always hard to take back territory that has been in criminal control. By easing up on enforcement in that area the sheriff has endangered officer safety in addition to angering the law abiding residents.

Dave Morgan wants to see the problem solved long before 2008. We respectfully ask Sheriff McNesby to do the right thing. Help these poor, elderly and terrified citizens.

01-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Dave Morgan has asked me to respond to the concerns expressed in the "disagree" post.

I found some of the lengthy comments & suggestions re: Green & Garnet to be disturbingly off base. Dave Morgan and I met and spoke with these residents and found many of the facts to be different from those expressed in the above post.

First, it was never stated that McNesby has forgotten Green & Garnet. I think it is fair to say that he’s made a conscious decision to surrender the neighborhood to criminals. Gangs deal drugs openly on the streets. The residents have identified dealers and even given videotapes of drug transactions and other illegal activity to the sheriff only to be ignored.

You say “there could be increased patrols but would they really have a long lasting effect?”

The residents have begged for more patrols. When Jerry Jones spoke to McNesby all he got was a dial tone after asking for help. More patrols would definitely have some degree of positive effect in conjunction with more citizen contact and stings. By your logic the police should just stay home and draw paychecks. More police, less police – what’s the difference?

“when one person is arrested for selling drugs, 10 more take their place, it's a never ending vicious cycle.”

My friend, you either fight crime or you allow it to run down your communities. I imagine if the drug dealers were on the streets in McNesby’s neighborhood he’d increase patrols. The residents of Green & Garnet are poor. They have no clout with the sheriff and he has decided to allow the area to be overrun by crime. In the current “Most Wanted” show on BLAB TV, Sgt. Vinson stated that when the sheriff knows about problems with drugs in an area he will send people in to straighten it up. No such response has occurred on Garnet for a long time.

Prior to the McNesby administration there were often concerted anti crime operations in that neighborhood. I know because I was present at many of them. It did successfully cut down on the number of dealers present and the ease with which they conducted business. When more dealers came out they would arrest them too. We now find ourselves at the beginning of a new millennium and what has changed on Garnet? It has deteriorated to a state worse than ever. It all can be blamed on McNesby. He has failed in his obligation to protect these citizens and refuses to correct the situation.

“Can you say that if a deputy accepted your offer and lived rent free that you would expect nothing in return? would you pay for the damages to his/her patrol vehicle while its parked there?”

Deputies always offer neighborhood security duties in exchange for rent free apartments. Why shouldn’t the landlord expect that in return? And as to the patrol vehicle… My personal vehicle was vandalized recently, the first time I met with the concerned neighborhood watch residents of Green and Garnet. I will repair it. It didn’t stop me from going back to meet with them again. If a patrol vehicle is damaged the county will fix it. That is what insurance is for. Are you telling me that the vehicles should stay out of the worst areas of town because they may be vandalized? Yes. Of course you are.

"Instead of criticizing the deputies, here's another solution, in crestview, they had a problem area, a property owner, donated his building to the PD to be used as a small precient, the PD moved in and set up shop and the problems moved away. Have you considered that? Have you considered hiring off duty officers like several other neighborhoods, or private security if the sheriff wont go for the precient idea?".

The position of the Morgan campaign is that we do not criticize the honorable, hard working deputies. On the contrary, we hold the administration responsible for ECSO failures. Though donating a building as a substation might help, you'd have to park your cars there so that idea is out, right? Plus saying to the owner that he has to pay for protection is too much like a protection racket. It is also an outright admission of inability to overcome the adversity with standard police responses to the circumstances. I think you know that these poor folks can't afford to hire off duty security. And if they could what is the message you are sending? We won't protect your neighborhood unless you pay us off. Come up with the cash and your crime problems will vanish. And therein develops another contradiction. Will more patrols help or not? You say they won't. Not unless they are off duty and paid cash. Something is wrong with that picture.

“Arrests are only short term solutions when those people are released they come right back.”

Enough short term solutions strung together equal a long term solution. If actual dealers are arrested it’s likely that they will find their way to prison. Nobody comes “right back” from prison. Their release will likely be years down the road. If enough dealers get prosecuted on that street, the remaining ones will have to find someplace else to go. It makes me wonder if that is McNesby’s plan. Let dealers control selected neighborhoods and they won’t be tempted to deal on the streets of the better protected areas with the more influential residents.

“post the name of the deputy that told you he/she was afraid to do his/her job so they can receive more training, or find employment elsewhere.”

First, if your deputy wants to let you know they are afraid than they can tell you themselves. Second, fear is a valid emotion since due to McNesby’s “no protection policy” on Garnet it’s unlikely that deputy could expect much backup. And third but not least, since you are afraid of cars being vandalized in high crime areas to the exclusion of parking them, you are making fear a policy with your attitude. The deputies I’ve known over the years are more than willing to go into combat, literally, to fight crime. Their hands are being tied by a politician. Ron McNesby.

"With brownsville church being so large and having plenty of resources I'm sure they would help or be in position to apply pressure on the sheriff to help."

I thought you said that more patrols won't help. Pick a position and stick to it please.

"Nice photo of the 4 young black males on the corner, are you implying that they sell drugs?"

No but you are. Good guess though because two among the many persons I photographed that day were either selling drugs to the driver of a stopped car or rehearsing for a crack dealing part in a play. Spotting a drug deal on Garnet or Green is not very difficult. My photos were not definitive and residents have given the ECSO lots of photos, information and subject descriptions with no results.

Call channel 3? As a 40 year member of the media, 17 years as a crime reporter and former ECSO Reserve Deputy, I can tell you that Channel 3 News, RNN NEWS or FOX News is not the direct approach to this problem.

Ever watch the old westerns? If they wanted to gain control of "Indian territory" only one thing seemed to work. They sent in the cavalry.

SEND MORE POLICE patrols and special operations to Garnet and Green. And be careful out there. It's always hard to take back territory that has been in criminal control. By easing up on enforcement in that area the sheriff has endangered officer safety in addition to angering the law abiding residents.

Dave Morgan wants to see the problem solved long before 2008. We respectfully ask Sheriff McNesby to do the right thing. Help these poor, elderly and terrified citizens.
Hey David, you opened this door so lets bring it out in the open. I don't support the sheriff any longer though I do work for him. I've always stood up for what is right and I believe in giving credit when it's do! Don't play yourself off as one of us!! You've slammed us so damn many times you could never make up for it so don't try! Go ahead and air your laundry too David! Tell the readers why you hate the sheriff so much(not that I like him in any way)tell them that your so called tenure as a reserve deputy(if you want to call it that)under the Lowman administration was changed to a special deputy(what a laugh)status for reasons that you won't reveal and then when Sheriff Mcnesby took office he wouldn't reinstate your "special deputy" status and it pissed you off and kept you from walking all over crimes scenes and screwing them up as you so often did. You couldn't profit from your camera so you turned on the sheriff at that point. Tell the public the real story David and quit hiding behind the first amendment. And to David Morgan....you can have the support of a lot of deputies but you better quit letting David "the fork tongued reporter" Craig proclaim to be your voice. Too many bridges burned with all of us good deputies David, crawl into a hole and stay away. We all know now!

01-11-2007, 05:19 AM
I won't spend much time here as there is little but hostility in response to any post I make. Nothing I saw in your post looked like anything I would call truth. First, a crime scene is a place cordoned off by crime scene tape and keeps the media and other unwanted intruders out. I have never walked on a crime scene as a reporter. I've been airing Blue Lights for 17 years and have never been told by any officer that I "burned" them in any way. One guy got a complaint from a supervisor once because I showed him with a chew in his mouth (not against policy at the time) but that is as bad as anyone ever made me aware of. If you have something more specific let me know. I don't hate the Sheriff. I genuinely believe that he is bad for this county and his deputies and any hope of progress to a better sheriff's office. My concerns were heightened when he sent me a threatening letter (one of several) which contained promises of arrest if I approached the police or spoke to the police. I still believe that he committed a federal criminal violation of my rights as a reporter. McNesby's efforts to stifle the press are pretty well known in this community. Ask Mollye Barrows. I've chosen to stand up for my rights rather than to pursue criminal or civil prosecution. Nobody hides behind the 1st Ammendment. I am quite proud to lead with it. I don't know what your reference to "so called" means but I was a Reserve Deputy at the ECSO after attending BLE 5 at George Stone. That was during the Johnson administration (not Lowman). I was never a special deputy whatever that is. I eventually returned my commission card to Sheriff Johnson when I began developing conflict of interest concerns . Was I a reporter or a Deputy? I thought these were valid concerns and voluntarily left the ECSO to continue my career as a reporter at the time. I liked Sheriff Lowman. He backed me up once when I apprehended a subject who had stolen a deputiy's unmarked car. The bad guy had abandoned the car and when I found him he was on the ground and had obviously been severly beaten, likely by some local residents who were gathered nearby. I handcuffed him, called for an ambulance and then Lt. Lowman arrived about the same time the prisoner's mother showed up. I told the Lt. that I'd found the guy that way while his mother started screaming about what I had done to her boy. The Lt. explained to her that if his deputy said that he had found her son already beaten than that was how it happened. That seemed to calm her down somewhat. I never forgot that. It was nice to have a supervisor back me up that way. I never had any problem with Jim Lowman that I know of. And I was not a deputy when he became sheriff as you mis-stated. If Blue Lights didn't still produce revenue for my production company (my primary employment) then it wouldn't still exist. It's another untruth to believe that any sheriff has stopped or started my ability to report on crime. My understanding is that the police should be willing to take a bullet for the right of the press to freely pursue the truth. But that is only if they respect their oath of office. So if you want to try again, I'm always ready for disrespect and hostility since I've chosen to oppose the incumbent. And as to the forked tongue reference... that usually is a reference to a lie. I notice that you haven't made any comment as to what lies I may have told. Feel free. I'm all ears. To my way of thinking I am very pro police. I just don't like corruption or criminal coverups. Isn't that what a reporter is supposed to reveal? Keep that imagination working overtime and it shouldn't take you long to come up with another disrespectful onslaught of wishful thinking. I am glad that you will consider supporting Dave Morgan. When he becomes sheriff I plan to go back to my regular TV jobs. So don't get too worked up about me.

01-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Aren't you glad RMPT wasn't in existance at the time, David? They would have assumed that because a citizen said you beat up the suspect that it happened, and that you were a McWhoeverWasInOfficeAtTheTime, GED'er, wife beater and murderer.

01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
As I recall, you were present and filming during a search warrant executed by the ECSO Street Crimes unit when Bobby Mitchell died shortly after the warrant was executed. The Street Crimes Unit was one of your favorite units to follow/film at the time.

Could you explain the circumstances of that death, David Craig? Of course I mean if you were there. If you were there would you have been acting in the capacity of a reporter or "Reserve Deputy". Why were there never any questions asked by you about that death? Of course I mean if you were there.

This death occurred during the Lowman administration. Were you there?
If so, can you explain to the public what you saw, Mr. Craig?

Maybe I'm wrong. I seem to remember you being there, Mr. Craig. Can you comment about this ECSO death?

01-11-2007, 10:26 AM
David Craig :

You're an idiot - you post a long explanation of Morgan's position that is explicative of his intentions, then some McNugget posts a personal attack on you and your inflated ego demands that you respond. Your response to the personal attack against yourself always detracts from your Morgan statement.

Old son, if you're going to be in politics and you aren't the candidate you're going to have to learn to take the personal hits, keep your mouth shut, and move on. You do as much damage to your candidate as the opposition does.

Why do you care what Rex and the others say about you ? Are we still in high school here ?

01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I disagree. It's important that the public and the police know the accurate background information about the candidate and his key Campaign Team members. The total misrepresentation of my background in that post left unchallenged would be presumed to be true. My guess is that as a stealth McNesby supporter (nobody will admit to it anymore) you were simply happier with a resume of lies left online and uncorrected. Setting the record straight does not strike me as a "high school" or "idiot" move. To the poster referencing the death at a Street Crimes warrant during the Lowman administration, I was not there. Dead people are pretty memorable. I literally "happened upon" one Street Crimes search warrant on a house on one occasion as a reporter. (To restate from earliar I was a Reserve Deputy during the Johnson administration.) Lt. Gary Willis kindly gave me a brief on camera statement about the event. No violence or deaths were involved. I believe there were a few deaths associated with Street Crimes. I did not cover any of them for Blue Lights.

01-11-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm glad to see Morgan running against McNesby. As a deputy I can tell you that McNesby has been a big letdown to us who work the streets. When my fellow officers call people morons & idiots constantly they don't do McNesby any favors. They just show their mamas didn't learn them any manners. I would have believed that stuff about Craige if he hadn't told us different. I have been watching Blue Lights since I was a kid and it's the reason I got into law enforcement. I've seen Morgan's shows and they are strong. Craige has done a good job for him. Morgan is a good candidate and I feel like he will follow through on his promise to pay us deputies $35,000 to start. To run against McNesby takes guts. He is not going to go after cops if he is elected. I think he is going to make our agency more professional and respected. The money plus the new boss will make it easier to hire more deputies. Then maybe we can not be so overworked and short of backup. Morgan will make the streets safer for the police and the public. I can't talk about this stuff at work because I'd get fired or something. I'm voting for Morgan and so are alot of unhappy LEOs.

01-12-2007, 02:55 AM
If Morgan is such a man of the people why does he have to have Craig post for him? Go away Craig you're not wanted here.

01-12-2007, 04:01 AM
I disagree. It's important that the public and the police know the accurate background information about the candidate and his key Campaign Team members.

If you're a 'key campaign member' and you've become such a focus for controversy AND you really want him elected, shouldn't you just quietly move on and away from the campaign so that the candidate is the focus ?

Or is your ego just too damn big ?

01-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Craig's not going to quit. He's been after McNesby for 6 years. And this election will not be won on the LEO Affairs with the McNesby team taking the poll taxes from the voters. It's going to be fought and lost by McNesby in the hearts and minds of the people. It's pretty obvious that you are scared senseless by the progress being made by the Morgan campaign. If you have a good plan and platform make that work for you. If you have a good record run on that. If the people and the press love you than spend lots of time with them. If you are highly educated - promote yourself with that. If the buget is in control than be openly proud of that. But if you have a runaway budget, an ignorant racist candidate who is hated by the people who know him, no viable platform, no ability to win the people over with speeches & a record that would rival the worst American sheriff's of all time then trash the opponents Campaign team. Especially the most effective ones. Your merits are non-existant and your motives are transparent. David Morgan will be our next sheriff. MFANS wants to see McNesby jailed for poaching in Wisconsin.

01-12-2007, 12:20 PM
You need to go to the Supervisor of Elections site and check out the contribution numbers for the sheriff's race in 2008. McNesby has hit the brakes on collections and is getting lots of his (reduced support) from out of town and out of the state of Florida. Morgan's contributions are way up. Looks like there is a pattern shaping up here. Also the absence of certain powerful former supporters is looking very bad for McNesby at this point. He should just give up. Once he is convicted in Wisconsin nobody will want him as sheriff. Great opportunity for Crist to step up to the plate and knock ol Ronniemac out of the ballpark. Congratulations to the Morgan team. Looks like you are goingto be closing ground faster all the time. I like your votedavidmorgan.com website too.

01-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Total Contributions $251,467.08

vs

Total Contributions $26,321.92

You figure out which one is which. :lol:

01-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Here's some other ways to view the statistics:

1/3 of Morgans Financial Backing has come from Arety and Craig.

30% of all money collected has been spent back to Craig.

Morgan has only collected 10% of what the Sheriff has

Morgan has spent 50% of his war chest.

Morgan has not had a single current deputy give him a dime.

Morgan has less than $4000 to spend.

Are you willing to make a prediction what Morgan's final contribution totals will be compared to McNesby's? Answer: That's what I thought.

The Morgan campaign right now is engaged in a shell game. They are trying to make themselves look bigger than they are so people will think there is more there than the RMPT/CLEO crowd. There are even people posting under mutliple names now. Que up "Desperado".

01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
To be fair it's impossible to be sure how anything will turn out. But I believe there are other factors at play. All indicators are that the sheriff may be facing 3 criminal convictions at least and the possible weight and wrath of the federal government as well. Surely that's a wild card that will render all of our statistical calculations irrelevant. The RMPT / CLEO (there really is no CLEO) crowd couldn't elect a class president. However the voters at large will certainly have a say in the outcome. Morgan has already told us how he is going to win this election. http://www.votedavidmorgan.com. Watch his videos. That's how I figured it out. He is going to "kill him with the truth." We'll have to see if that works out for him but surely it's no secret. Gee I wonder why no officers have stepped up to support him yet? Surely some must see merits in Morgan. 2 years is a long time so don't be so sure that one or two (hundred) might not find a reason, or the courage to support him. I think in a few months it will be easier to tell how the contributions will end up. But current trends look good for Morgan and worrisome for McNesby. Morgan is articulate, educated, friendly, smart and willing to do the work needed to maximize his campaign effort. McNesby is a tireless solicitor of donations with an excellent work ethic related to campaigning. But he don't talk so good. And he doesn't meet with the press or the public enough to give any other messages than he is hiding. Morgans message is resonating with the public and McNesby has no message yet other than gimme $40 million more budget. Generally the advantage goes to the incumbent. Too many wild cards in this one though.

01-13-2007, 06:01 AM
I agree with Ms. Luci. I don't think there is anyway out of McNesby's web of lies. If he was going to escape justice he would have worked out something sooner. I bet Rex, Dennis, Larry and the rat pack start running for the hills pretty soon. Rex has been awfully silent today. Indigestion? Fear? Or did you open your eyes and read the writing on the wall. The endgame is near. Check. Your thoughts?

01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm glad to see Morgan running against McNesby. As a deputy I can tell you that McNesby has been a big letdown to us who work the streets. When my fellow officers call people morons & idiots constantly they don't do McNesby any favors. They just show their mamas didn't learn them any manners. I would have believed that stuff about Craige if he hadn't told us different. I have been watching Blue Lights since I was a kid and it's the reason I got into law enforcement. I've seen Morgan's shows and they are strong. Craige has done a good job for him. Morgan is a good candidate and I feel like he will follow through on his promise to pay us deputies $35,000 to start. To run against McNesby takes guts. He is not going to go after cops if he is elected. I think he is going to make our agency more professional and respected. The money plus the new boss will make it easier to hire more deputies. Then maybe we can not be so overworked and short of backup. Morgan will make the streets safer for the police and the public. I can't talk about this stuff at work because I'd get fired or something. I'm voting for Morgan and so are alot of unhappy LEOs.

35K ? we need and deserve the pay, but its not gonna happen. If you remember or were around in 2000, the current sheriff promised us all a 4k raise as soon as he took office, and that he would cut admin costs, which has more than tripled.

Promise made, promises not kept. For Mr Morgan to start officers at 35K, he would then 1 year later have to give them all a 10% raise, per pba contract which he states he will follow. So now you have a 1 year deputy making $38,500.00 ? YEA RIGHT. 10 year deputies right now, do not make that much, and thats prob what a low end Sgt makes, so see all the problems that would cause? Within a week everyone would hate Morgan.

So take everything in stride and remember at the end of the day there all politicians.

01-13-2007, 06:25 PM
He will do what he promises. He's already determined that the place is far too top heavy with salaries and toy proud. The one's that are trying to convince you he won't are the nearly 20 people making more that the governor that work for the ECSO. The ECSO budget is huge for the size of the agency. He will reallocate the misspent money right where he promises to. The street cops AND the CO's..

01-13-2007, 08:00 PM
He will do what he promises. He's already determined that the place is far too top heavy with salaries and toy proud. The one's that are trying to convince you he won't are the nearly 20 people making more that the governor that work for the ECSO. The ECSO budget is huge for the size of the agency. He will reallocate the misspent money right where he promises to. The street cops AND the CO's..

I hope so. we havent even recieved all our cost of living raises the past few years. One year they skipped the 3%, then one year it was only 1.5%, then you see the news, our cost of living has gone sky rocket since ivan, we are higher than Pittsburg, houston, atlanta, its crazy. Yet we have mechanics and secretaries making double what deputies make. Mechanics get a 500 dollar a year for tools while deputies get 50 dollars per year for boots. When a deputy commented that 50 dollars wasnt enough, he was told that atleast he can buy one boot. nice

so mr morgan learn from the current sheriff, if you promise a raise before u take office, then u better deliver, otherwise it haunts you your entire time in office.

01-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Bumped up

07-31-2009, 06:31 AM
I am glad that you will consider supporting Dave Morgan. When he becomes sheriff I plan to go back to my regular TV jobs. So don't get too worked up about me.

I guess he changed his mind from Jan 07 till now. I guess his skills were so needed that Morgan decided to bring him on board. Not only does Morgan lie, it would appear Craig does as well.

07-31-2009, 12:43 PM
I am glad that you will consider supporting Dave Morgan. When he becomes sheriff I plan to go back to my regular TV jobs. So don't get too worked up about me.

I guess he changed his mind from Jan 07 till now. I guess his skills were so needed that Morgan decided to bring him on board. Not only does Morgan lie, it would appear Craig does as well.
You surely must jest , Craig and morgan would lie do you think this not becoming apparent to the public. They have got to come up with something good this time around , they dont have ole ronnie to kick around anymore,

07-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Can you make this statement on this day Aug. 31st 2009 and do it with a straight face , i think not.Let us take david craig salary 48,000 a yr, lets take, melissa aiken 60,000 a yr then her office buddy at 46.000ayr . this kind of money needs to go to the guys and gals on the street who actually do keep us safe.

07-31-2009, 07:26 PM
[quote="Morgan Will Do It":1pgdu7d7]He will do what he promises. He's already determined that the place is far too top heavy with salaries and toy proud. The one's that are trying to convince you he won't are the nearly 20 people making more that the governor that work for the ECSO. The ECSO budget is huge for the size of the agency. He will reallocate the misspent money right where he promises to. The street cops AND the CO's..
Can you make this statement on this day Aug. 31st 2009 and do it with a straight face , i think not.Let us take david craig salary 48,000 a yr, lets take, melissa aiken 60,000 a yr then her office buddy at 46.000ayr . this kind of money needs to go to the guys and gals on the street who actually do keep us safe.[/quote:1pgdu7d7]

With benefits those three people cost the budget over $200,000. Thats enough to hire five more deputies. What the f*c# is Morgan thinking or does he even care that he is doing exactly the opposite of what he campaigned against!

07-31-2009, 08:41 PM
What is the sheriff thinking , he is not thinking he has surrounded himself with self seving people and they think for him and they are not as smart as my7yr old grandson , because he has been taught right from wrong .The real fact is they have always been the bottom crust of the S.O. and now its their turn and they are not smart enough to handle the job. I have been really pi##ed off at morgan since election night when with ****y little attitude , he made the statement that for years officers of the office had been inept and uneducated , idid not hear the part where he was going to promote them to be his admin staff. When in the he## did chavers manage to get a girlfriend as ugly and stupid as he is a women would have be desperate.