PDA

View Full Version : ELECTRONIC TICKET WRITERS

12-23-2006, 06:17 AM
I heard that PPPD has electronic ticket writers. Is it only motormen that have them or do some road patrol officers have them too?

How much time do these machines save ?

12-24-2006, 05:32 AM
Miami beach has them too

12-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Miami PD has them too! Great tool to have.

01-06-2007, 10:45 PM
JUST THE MOTORMEN AND IN A 16 DAY WORK MONTH THEY WRITE BETWEEN 350 AND 500 ON A REG BASIS WITHOUT KILLING THEMSELVES.

03-15-2007, 01:16 AM
MIAMI PD IS LOOKING AT PUTTING THEM IN ALL PATROL VEHICLES THIS YEAR.....GREAT TOOL TO HAVE. ALSO JUST RECIEVED THE SUV THAT READ PLATES ON CARS. AMAZING AT HOW MANY PLATES THIS THING CAN READ IN A MINUTE....ANOTHER GREAT TOOL.

adrift in pines
03-15-2007, 04:49 PM
You guys are playing with yourselves! Electronic Ticket writers...give me a break. You must sit around in your 511's and oakley boots and sunglasses talkin about the last traffic violator... Let's see how many tickets we can write faster to screw the public! Ever think just how un-safe that is? Safety I'm sure is on the back burner for you traffic guys...Gotta gets those vilian citizens violating the civil traffic infractions...whewwwwwwwwwwwwww

03-17-2007, 12:40 AM
When it reduces traffic crashes in our jurisdiction you can best bet i'll be scratchin' em one.

adrift in pines
03-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Good reason, you got me on that one! You are still whacking yourself off! You missed the whole point traffic boy, it's not so much about numbers as much as safety for yourself and your back-ups when you are too busy screwing with the public and you miss the one bad guy and you are too busy typing on your computer and waiting in your car or bent over you bike waiting for this electronic marvel. What happen to standing at the rear bumper while you watch your violator using a pen and your eyes! Enjoy...Stay Safe

03-18-2007, 03:06 AM
There is no 100% safe way on traffic stops. ANYTHING can happen, whether its someone comming out shooting or a car smashing into you on the side of the road, there is ALWAYS a safety issue during a traffic stop. Officer's who decide to conduct traffic stops have their own way in which they belive is the safest way for them. Some people feel strongly about the electronic ticket writers some don't. But safety wise, I feel there is no diffrence.