PDA

View Full Version : Expose book ideas

12-20-2006, 11:15 PM
I am thinking about writing a book to "expose" the mickey mouse manner in which this department is being run. (I'll be writing it under a ficticious name of course) Can anyone think of any good names for the book and can anyone share any stories about command staff from when they were Officers and how they have changed. If you can, be specific without using names.

12-20-2006, 11:33 PM
I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A TITLE..."FROM PARADISE TO ARROZ CON MANGO". YOU CAN MAKE IT A PART SPANISH BOOK.

12-20-2006, 11:38 PM
That'a a good one. I can visualize the front cover artwork.

12-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Once upon a time, im a land far far away called Make Believe, there was a city made up of all types of animals from different races, religions, and sexual prefrences where they wore as little clothing as possible and lived for plactic surgery. All drove expensive cars and had no morals or values.

Well, the local Police Department ( Make Believe P.D. ) was run by the type of leaders that cared nothing for its good citizens or officers until an A.P.E. case appeared ( Another Political Emergency ) and then reacted only due to pressure.

Make Believe was a P.D. where the bosses only cared about citizen contacts and overlap stats. If you looked pretty, you were promoted and life was good, you could work out on duty, come and go as you please if you even showed up, you got a big black car and never will be in a position long enough to learn it or be accountable for anything that happend under your command. Officers are treated like dogs because no-one wanted to be on the K9 unit ,much less come to work everyday.

As sad as this is, does it sound like fiction or an agency you know of ?

Hows that for a start at you new book ?

12-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Wow, very nicely put. To bad its true and no body can fix this mess that Donnie has created. We had high hope for him in Boston, to bad it didn't happen.

12-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Every good book has its extra-marital affairs.

12-21-2006, 07:28 AM
This topic reminds me of a classic "Futurama" episode. Bear with me on this one. The bumbling Captain Zapp Brannigan uses his ship's laser to cut the ribbon at the opening ceremonies of the new D.O.O.P. headquarters instead of the ceremonial "big scissors." He ends up slicing the building in half. At his trial, Leela testifies against Zapp stating that she saw him fire the laser with her "own eye." Zapp is stripped of his rank and discharged from the D.O.O.P. As fate would have it, Zapp ends up working at Planet Express under the command of Leela, who he has a not so secret crush on. Zapp earns the trust of Bender and Fry and there is a mutiny against Leela aboard the Planet Express ship, making Zapp the new Captain. Zapp then attacks the neutral planet, who immediately go on "Beige Alert." At his hearing, Zapp is about to again be convicted, but Leela realizes that if Zapp is not exonerated, he will just continue to work at Planet Express forever and make her life miserable. So Leela lies and gives Zapp all the credit for saving the day. Zapp is reinstated into the D.O.O.P and things finally return to normal at Planet Express.

What does this mean to us you ask? Well the more we bad mouth things around here, the less likely other agencies will be to recruit our brass for lucrative jobs elsewhere. By telling everyone how bad things are, we risk being stuck under the command of our own "Zapp Brannigan." Lets start thinking of the long-term consequences of our postings here and realize that the better we make them look, the more likely they will not be turned down for another job.

Oh, and everyone should watch Futurama.

12-30-2006, 09:28 AM
MAYBE YOU SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE WHAT A DISFUNCTIONAL PLACE THIS IS, TO YOUR BOOK! BE SURE TO INCLUDE HOW WE ARE NOT A FAMILY THAT LOOKS OUT FOR EACH OTHER BUT ARE A BUNCH OF BACK STABBING CRYBABIES THAT ONLY WANT THINGS DONE THEIR WAY OR NO WAY, AND WHEN THE "PARENTS" OR "BRASS" TELLS US TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WE THROW TEMPER TANTRUMS!!!!!

01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Can't wait to read it......to bad I had to live it............Should be a best seller..............go for it.....it could be your ticket to a rich and early retirement. Names should be changed to protect the innocent....okay maybe only a couple of names...lol :oops:

01-04-2007, 09:30 PM
It would be the best non-fiction fiction..because no one would belive it :lol:

01-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I've always dreamed of writting one about my own department. I'm calling mine "Inside the Outhouse". I'll share credit for the name if you finish your's first.

01-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Oops! Writing. Guess I need to learn to spell if I want to be a famous author.

03-21-2009, 02:24 PM
How did that book deal work out for you? Heard that it can't be published until the end of the madness era at the PD.

03-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Wow. Perfect. Will things ever change?

03-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Here I am agreeing to this post and I realized that it was written two years ago. The freaking irony.