PDA

View Full Version : Fork in the road which way do we go?

12-17-2006, 10:44 PM
We'll it seems the F.A.P.E. Association has come to a fork in the road and uncertain which road to go down. It would be really nice to know which way the firearms program will be going so posts can know which type of ammo to purchase for the upcoming year!

12-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I agree.
It would be great to know what the heck was going on.

Does ANYONE know?

12-18-2006, 02:57 AM
Does anyone know how state or states(s) competition is going to be run this year? Talk was the competition was going to be held differently with more events but each post would only complete in some but not all! Any of these changes going to happen and when will everyone be told for sure.

12-18-2006, 04:22 AM
Does anyone know how state or states(s) competition is going to be run this year? Talk was the competition was going to be held differently with more events but each post would only complete in some but not all! Any of these changes going to happen and when will everyone be told for sure.

From what I was told by my advisors with the information they had was that state was going to be held like Nations where there will be aprox 12 events and each post's team will only compete in 2-3. This is thie understanding that we have... January Deletgates meeting is coming up if you are there make sure you ask becuase we all need to know and we need to voice our opinions on this.

12-20-2006, 03:23 AM
So what does everyone think about changing the way state is run? I have been in the association for 6 years and i personally dont like it ive always love the way state competition is run where we all compete in the same events to see who is the better team that year ... so I was just curious on what everyone thought because there werent many posts to vote in panama

12-20-2006, 03:59 AM
Funny how the association chose to do the Vote in panama when they knew alot of posts would not make it because of the distance... They should revote at the Pinellas Park Delegates since it is more centraly located.

B Plante
12-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Revote ->> I've already tried to talk with the state advisor and the executive advisor, and they've told me that due to Ofc. Smith's Time Constraints, that it wasn't possible. A few posts talked to me about this at delegates, and believe me, I fought to get you this revote, but it didn't happen. They told me that it was impossible, and it would be best for me to drop the subject.
I wanted to get the revote not only on the fact that there was so much controversy over it, but that a) the posts didn't get to discuss it, and b) the fact that Ofc. Smith only allowed one vote per post, instead of the three that we Always give.

And, from what I know, which believe me, isn't much more than you do. Is that it's going to be like nationals where they have 12 competitons, and that they're not limiting it to 40 posts anymore. But instead of 2 or 3 like nationals you'll have 7 or 8 events. It really just depends on how many posts come to state.

Anything else you'd like to discuss, or have me attempt to bring up at the board meeting this coming delegates, let me know, that's why I'm here.

Maj. B. Plante

12-26-2006, 08:17 PM
i agree with the revote ... we tried to get the issue tabled to this delegates meeting and they wouldnt let us but i thought it was all about the youth??? it doesnt seem to be that way this year i think if enough people want to change it than we need to bring it up at delegates

12-27-2006, 05:25 AM
I'm sorry but I do not know this this officer Smith is? And how is a revote imposible? This is the Florida Association of Police Explorers not the association of police explorer advisors, if the explorers choose to revote then we should revote, I'm sorry this is about the youth not the adults, and untill one of the adult board members comes on this board and tells us other wise why we would not vote in a central location I am going to still feel this way... This association just keeps spiraling down the path of failure... I dont blame the youth board we just need to get better adult board members. BRING IT UP IN THE JANUARY DELEGATES MEETING! DEMAND A REVOTE! Oh yea who is this officer smith who only allowed ONE vote? Yea they may have suggested to you to drop it but well WERE not going to! Keep up the good work Ms. President! We know you fought for us, but some times you need your army behind you, which hopfuly you will have this January Delegates meeting!

B Plante
12-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Officer Smith is the Orlando Advisor, the one who stepped up to put state together for us, as Venice was unable to do it again, due to city conflicts.