PDA

View Full Version : enough is enough

john doe
12-17-2006, 08:08 AM
This is the first time I write anything here and before I say it, I want you to know that I put john doe not because I don't have what it takes to put my name,its the fear of retribution from the brass if I do.You know as well as I do that it will happen. We are power in numbers, not solo. Here it goes. I am another patrol grunt just like i would assume most of you here are. I have been a cop for just under ten years. Never in those ten years have I seen so many unhappy faces (including mine). Something is up!! I recall one day when I walked out of a court room in the justice building and two hialeah cops commented to eachother...and I quote:"look at their smiling faces". (we did not have the overlap).I think that the problem comes from many places...not just one. I can go into many examples as to how the overlap detail is affecting morale in the dept. but I would have to type too much giving examples where it has affected me. I for one hate it. I can recall before the overlap when I would come on duty and the prior shift would get a call, I would cancel those units and handle the call so that that shift could start getting ready to go home. I guess the overlap was brought in for different reasons and I think no one knows for sure, We can only speculate. If someone or some people were caught going home early,deal with those people,why should we all suffer. I think that it is here to stay until there is a major change in the brass including the cm. I also think that we feed off of our own negativity. What I do know for sure is that we have come to a point that it is affecting our relationship with eachother(including myself) and I am worried. I sometimes sit in roll call,look at our leaders on the wall,listen to what they have to say, and think: SHEEP!! It is so much easier to just go with the grain instead of against it,but I will tell you that with everything going on in the dept. some people will start to go against it. The different shifts are now butting heads because of the overlap due to late calls and late transports. The sergeants very easily say: put in ur ot slip because the next shift can only cancel the overlap if a plane crashes. The problem is that it is happening very often and I for one would rather go home on time. I know that a late call will occur every once in a while and I am okay with that, but I have noticed that it is happening just about every night requiring me (and all the other units working) to monitor the calls holding, screening to see what call will take me to 06 time and dodging the transports and the 34d's. I know that it is not right and that you are only screwing the next guy but this is what the overlap has brought. It is going to get to the point where all units will be calling off a 38 or a 19 at just the right time in order to get out of that transport to ward d or a female transport to dcj. Look guys, I know that some will come back to this thread and criticize what I have just said. But understand that it is like clock work that at the end of the shift there is always something holding that will tie you up for a while and quite possibly take you over your 06 time. I feel that city hall is trying to run this like a business preaching customer service. This is not walmart people. We are cops. If you want customer service personnel, just take away our guns,give us tourist brochures and city maps and put us on washington,collins,and ocean drive and we will hand them out.If any brass reads this and I hope they do, please be aware that we are all human and humans have a breaking point. These particular humans (cops) are always armed. This is the conclusion that I have come up with: Get more than just one f.i. on the overlap or arrest a homeless for d.i.p.,have at least 1 citizens contact on your worksheet every day, DO NOT give your sgt. any use of force paperwork,DO NOT give your sgt. any shift level investigations,(DO NOT BE A COP AND AVOID THE REAL CRIMINALS),answer your calls,say yes to everything (god forbid you speak your mind), you will be loved. This is what it takes to be a cop in Miami Beach. NOW HIRING. Lets back each other up out there. United we can beat them at their own game!

12-17-2006, 10:02 PM
IT IS NOT JUST AT THE END OF THE SHIFT THAT PEOPLE ARE MONITORING AND PICKING WHICH CALLS THEY GO ON AND THAT IS THE REASON THE MORALE SUCKS! ON THE THIRD HERD, THERE IS ONE PARTICULAR SQUAD THAT THINKS IT IS THE GOAL OF COMING TO WORK TO DO NOTHING AT ALL. THEY SPEND THE WHOLE SHIFT TRYING TO GET OUT OF GOING TO THE SIMPLEST CALLS WHICH IN TURN SCREWS EVERYONE ELSE WORKING. JOHN DOE YOU WANT EVERYONE TO WORK AS A TEAM TO OVERTHROW THE OVERLAP, YOU MUST BE KIDDING WE CAN'T EVEN WORK AS A TEAM DURING T HE OTHER 7 HOURS OF THE SHIFT! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE OVERLAP THEN DON'T DO ANYTHING, GO GET COFFEE SIT AT A RESTAURANT WHATEVER, BUT THEN STEP UP AND HANDLE CALLS DURING THE OTHER 7 HOURS----DON'T TRY TO SCREW OVER EVERYONE YOU WORK WITH AND THEN BLAME IT ON LOW MORALE OR THE FREAKING OVERLAP! THE MORALE STINKS BECAUSE A MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORK HERE----- DON'T THEY JUST SIT AND ***** AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE OVERLAP AND HOW THEY ARE SENIOR TO EVERYONE ELSE BELOW THEM ( AND THIS IS EVEN SAID BY PEOPLE WHO JUST GOT OFF PROBATION). THE OTHER DAY A 3YR VETRAN ON NOONS WAS HEARD COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING BUMPED OUT OF RCC BY SOMEONE SENIOR TO HIM!!!! HOW PATHETIC, WE NOW EVEN FIGHT OVER RCC?

12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
WHAT HAPPENED IN NOONS ROLL CALL SATURDAY? HEARD THERE WAS A 34? DID THE WRONG PERSON GET PUT IN RCC AGAIN? OR DID THE 7 FT TALL GUY GET DISPATCHED TO ANOTHER DOMESTIC AT THE END OF HIS SHIFT?

04-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Afternoons Roll Call had a discussion? I heard that on Mornings Roll Call, if you get caught by T.T.R.S. (not on S/S/M)his days off) (looking) at the Officer's (sitting next to) logsheet to get the date, he'll stop roll call, and try to talk down to you, & belittle you, (any Officer) simply because he barely made the Sgt. promotion cut? Appearantly when the 38 female B. slapped him as he called for a 3-15 (scare of his own shadow) did not teach him any matters or to respect others. You want to blame each other for sluffing, milking, and for those with laptops who pick and choose calls and avoid some pending calls? Who is to blame for these behaviors? Lack of leadership. Do you think that this.......(0) as an Ofc., Sgt., etc., can actually say (anything) and be taken seriously? (Even played Nitendo games in his police car on duty) Now simply because he's a Sgt.? or supervisors just like D.Duck and the supervisors promoted during his regeem? Lets be honest to each other; lets take a look at our supervisors? A big portion of them don't have proven leadership; based on their Dept. history. Meaning; lead by example. How can we genuinely try to change the morale when we listen to these supervisors (thinking we forgot where they've been, how they were, & got away with), and expect to do things they had and would never had done themselves. Get Real! There should come a day for somebody worthy & rightful to lead us for the better. Amen.
"It's not how or what I am underneath, its what I do that defines me".

04-10-2007, 03:38 AM
LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!???
A AFTERNOON LT. ACTING CAPT. ACTUALLY TOLD A NEWER OFC. IN ROLLCALL," THE LAST 2-3 DAYS WHEN CALLED FOR OVERLAP, YOU SAID IN PRE-FILE, IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN GET ME A OVERLAP STAT TODAY?" I TOLD THE NEWER OFC.,"WHAT THAT MEANS IS DON'T GET QUALITY FELONY ARRESTS REQUIRING PRE-FILES, BUT TO GO GET A BOGUS PARKER OR MADE UP FI!!!! CAN YOU GUYS BELIEVE THAT!! ACTUALLY I CAN BELIEVE IT, WHAT WAS I THINKING....

03-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Ahhhhhh. Seems like things have not changed at the MBPD.

03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Chief grow some! Go back to basic police work. The overlap is a failure. Train your Sergeants to be leaders and not stat collectors. Garbage in bargage out.

The is no respect for the men and women who place themselves in danger everyday. Just go out there and get a bogus stat. What a sad state of affairs.

03-20-2009, 05:24 PM
CHANGE OF LEADERSHIP IS NEEDED BADLY!

03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
We have had changes of leadership and nothing seems to change. You need to stop complaining and unite at the FOP meetings and have the FOP board confront this issues. I know what you are going to respond. No you are the FOP come to the meetings and air the issues. Don't hind behind this form.

03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
We have had changes of leadership and nothing seems to change. You need to stop complaining and unite at the FOP meetings and have the FOP board confront this issues. I know what you are going to respond. No you are the FOP come to the meetings and air the issues. Don't hind behind this form.

First of all. It's FORUM not form. Second, thank goodness for this FORUM. You can't bury the facts like the FOP presidents have for the lat 8 years.

You have an FOP president that has already agreed to status quo and we have not even begun negotiations. The cities bond rating is off the charts. Granted, I don't expect 8 8 and 8. But Status quo?

03-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey spelling champ, it's last not lat. Next time you are going to correct someboby else, check yourself.

Also you ass-clown, nobody has agreed to anything yet.

03-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Dont get mad Alex

03-26-2009, 12:59 AM
No it was not Alex, just somebody who has grow tired of the never ending misinformation that is posted on this site.

03-26-2009, 04:02 PM
If you all don't like how Alex is running things, you should've run for Prez yourself.