PDA

View Full Version : Major

12-16-2006, 07:50 AM
What happened to you? Did you forget what it was really all about? Did you really forget what it was like to work the streets, before you make decisions? You've become what you said you never would.

12-18-2006, 12:39 AM
I think if you were to give him examples, it might actually make a diffrence. The major is a person that if shown something from the other side may consider it and may re-think the idea that has you flusterd. Just do so in an acceptable manner.

12-19-2006, 03:37 AM
Crybaby.
Want some pampers so you dont wet yourself?

12-19-2006, 06:01 PM
There are alot of local agencies hiring now. If you don't like what is happening here, go somewhere else. Have some self-respect and just leave instead of hiding behind a screen name and crying. You'll sleep better at night. Try Wauchula, Hardee CountySheriff's Office seems to be the island of misfit Highlands ex-deputies. One more won't hurt.

12-20-2006, 02:42 AM
just leave instead of hiding behind a screen name and crying. .........., Hardee CountySheriff's Office seems to be the island of misfit Highlands ex-deputies. One more won't hurt.

You mean a screen name like Buford Pusser?

As for Hardee, It's one more deputy than Highlands has on the road. Not like Highlands is short on manpower, or anything.

12-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Try Wauchula, Hardee CountySheriff's Office seems to be the island of misfit Highlands ex-deputies. One more won't hurt.

One person equals an island? Must be a small island.

12-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Once you’ve made it inside the Ivory Towers, it’s hard to look down at the peasants and remember where you came from. :( :( :(

12-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Sorry about the spelling....Anyways, you must dig a little deeper young grasshopper to know there is more than one on the island. Search and you will find the truth.........

12-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Man power issues are actually pretty good. If you want to know, we are actually almost full. The problem is they are all in the FTO program or the CAP. I think you misunderstood my buddies thought process. No this is not Buford Pusser either. It was no malice towards Hardee County S.O., only a fact that a couple of recent ex-deputies traveled into their neck of the woods. PD Guy seems a little sensitive cuz of the following hypothetical circumstances:

1) The local P.D's get taken over by the S.O. because of budgetary considerations

2) We keep hiring all your fellow officers and you no longer have a dept.

3) If 1 or 2 happens, you are such a sorry officer you will not be retained by the S.O.

Never say never. Stranger things have happened :lol: :lol: :lol:

12-22-2006, 01:37 AM
No, I just think that over-boilded generalizations, are exactly that.

And by the way, I work (happily ) for a PD that has not lost ONE person to the Highlands CO. S.O (yet), but thank you.

Road Staffing: Almost full? :roll: That is something. Ignorance is truly bliss. The fact that Highland turns them over like Flapjacks at the Village will keep you short for a while, buddy. Sorry. :D

12-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Which PD do you work for? As far as I know every PD in H.C. has one working for us. Well now thinking about it, not sure if LP has? That won't be long though.

12-22-2006, 04:50 AM
I am sad to read this discussion. We are a law enforcement family. If it weren't for the police departments we, yes I am a member of the HCSO, would often not have backup and vice versa. I can't believe that this kind of discussion takes place on this site. In fact everything that I read here is disheartening. We are professionals and as human beings we might not always like another person but as a family we should not be mean spirited towards each other. We are out here to keep the peace, now we should practice it and get off this damaging website. I have yet to see anything but hurt feelings as a result of bitter people writing sour words in attempts to inflict chaos in organizations and sorrow in peoples hearts. Please stop it, I for one appreciate my fellow law enforcment family. God forbid that your life depend on one of us some day. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

12-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately "Responder" is right. I am also proud of the Law Enforcement family that I belong to. I was just trying to offer my thoughts on something that seems to be a recurring theme here. You have the lovers and the haters, and they sit here under screen names like Buford and try to out-witt each other. Maybe I was a little too harsh, but anyway.

Also, I do not work for a PD in Highlands Co. Just an outsider looking in. Be safe out there, and Merry Christmas

12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I too am sorry. What you said really hit home. Sometimes its hard seeing your friends get bashed and you can't help but retaliate. This site is really meaningless and used for totally ubsurd things. Union issues, officers or their families in need, training, officer safety tips, and other useful info is what should be posted. Unfortunately, as long as anonymous postings are allowed, that will never come true. I too am guilty of that. Sorry PD Guy and hope you and yours have a safe and Merry Christmas. We don't have to all get along, but we all walk the same thin blue line, and we all subscribe to the same idea that good will always prevail over the alternative.

Heather Thomas
12-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Providing a real name would provide more credibity to your post. It never ceases to amaze me how many people hide behind a phony name or anonymous posting.

12-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Again, did the Major forget where he came from? If we were anymore micromanaged, he would need a telescope. Come on, pretty soon we will have to ask permission to breath.

Heather Thomas
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Permission to breath freely - granted.

01-08-2007, 02:54 PM
What is the deal with HCSO and the morale issue. I thought that Sheriff Benton had put in place competent people and things had greatly improved?

Maybe it's time for a new SHERIFF in 08!!!!!!!