PDA

View Full Version : Early Intervention System?

copfactor
12-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Do we really need an Early Intervention System (aka, stop the police work now system)?? If we only use force in about 1% of our contacts, per the chief, what are they trying to intervene? This just seems silly to spend so much time and effort on somthing that we only do 1% of the time? And how many of those result in occ complaints? Probably about 1%! This will cause cops to stop working......

12-14-2006, 06:55 PM
All the bleeding heart liberals what us to stop working, because, as they claim, all these poor people we arrest are innocent. Of course, we should just let them have it their way. Stop proactive police work, just respond to the runs as they come up. Take you time on B's and C's, and don't go code three on A's, god knows you don't want the liability of using your lights an sirens. Afterall, those are just just for decoration now. If we do this, the people in this god forsaken city will get what they want, and in the end, they will see that what they want and what they need are two different things. Give Gavin his docile police department, and he will see crime rise faster than he can believe. In the end, the people will demand a mayor who can restore law and order, and, hopefully, we will get one, and a new chief who actually knows what it is like to do real police work, to confront threats, to save lives, and chase down the scum in this city that no one else wants to chase down. Save this city and this department, do what the mayor, the chief, the commission, and the occ want you to do, the bare minimum required by the DGO's, and they will be in for a surprise.

copfactor
12-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Realist, I say the same thing for arresting minorities. If the chronicliar (aka chronicle) and the police commission think we arrest to many blacks and latinos (funny how the asian communities rarely, if ever complain) lets see how crime soars when we stop arresting them. This is NOT to say that blacks and latinos all commit crimes, but the reality is crime hot spots are focused around low income areas, which are predomintaly black and latin. If we slow down arrests and proactivity in those areas, crime (especially murder) will skyrocket. I would never want to see that, but they have almost left us no choice. Wait til the commission uses the EIS and the race card against us during hearings! The end is near for good law enforcement in SF. We will be soon reduced to "security" patrols, only taking cold reports and walking footbeats with the sectors backed up for calls for service......

realist
12-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Has anyone taken the time to read some of the criteria for the new EIS system? It takes into account things such as 148 arrest and pursuits! So, let me get this right, if someone runs from you when you switch on your lights, then you are a danger to the community and an officer on the verge of being out of control. In reality, the only thing that pursuits indicate are that you are out proactively policing the community and seeking out dangerous felons who are more likely to run from you than other people. Just another indication that the department does not was you doing proactive police work. The new EIS system is dangerous. It is going to have a devastating impact on the ability of officers to do real police work, as the criteria used only apply to those who are doing good hard proactive police work. All I can say, is becareful, they will use this system to hang officers who they do not like. And to the slugs, just keep on doing what you are doing, because, in the end that is what the mayor and the police commission want. This new system will only serve to make the city less safe for the citizens. In my time with the department, I performed hard proactive police work, was never ebfore the commission, never had a lawsuit, and wqs fortunate to have few complaints, but upon reviewing the new EIS system standards I would have been classified as an officer in need of couseling under its standards. Wow, and I thought I had been a good officer, apparently it is good that I moved on, because, apparently, I was a danger to the community.