PDA

View Full Version : Whose leaving next?

12-09-2006, 03:22 AM
Rumor has it two are going to TPD, one is going to Orlando!

12-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Why would anyone leave????

12-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Rumor has it two are going to TPD, one is going to Orlando!

Who cares?

12-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Who cares?

Well you should if you enjoy your days off........Can you say DRAFT?

01-07-2007, 08:16 AM
I can think of 3 that are going to be gone soon. I havent worked here that long, and I have no desires to ever get promoted. I noticed when I first got hired here that there are one or two slick sleevers around that have any seniority time on at all. That is a red flag to me, sticking around and getting any seinority really means nothing here.

That tells me two things; no decent pay raises unless you get promoted, and that senior patrol people aren't really needed or wanted. If you don't get promoted, you are looked upon as 2nd class here. The Master Patrolman program is a joke, to get it all you have to do is basically take a lot of classes. You cant even do that here with the manpower shortage all the time.

I dont think there is much of a future here for me. There will always be new people that graduate from the Police Academy to fill the patrol spots. Police applicants are lined up just to get hired, so whay would the department even care if people stay as patrolmen? People will either stay here and get promoted or move on to bigger departments where being a slick sleeve is the norm and not the minority and there competitive pay raises.

01-08-2007, 01:36 AM
The person that posted this last message must have missed the last talks with the Chief. Lets not forget about the pay package he is trying to get passed. The fact that he went to the University with that is a step in the right direction. Sounds to me like many you want instant gratification in this job. That is not going to happen here or anywhere. Sure the recent promotions and job assignments moved some people around and will short patrol initially. But, those moves open up additional patrol officer slots and it?s my understanding the Chief wants to fill them quickly. Patrol is small in numbers now but it is the backbones of a police department. One of our problems is that many vertebrae in our backbone are weak and fragile (not in ability but in dedication to the job so you will be the same no matter where you work). But I guess that?s the future of the next generation?s work force.

These conversations on this site about our department?s manpower issues remind me of the parties that are held on campus. The parties always start slow, 5 to 15 people start it out. They are dedicated to the cause. They don?t leave they stick it out. Then within the first couple of hours several people come and go. They walk into the room and look around to see what?s going on. At this early stage of the party they don?t see much going on. And they are right. There isn?t much going on at this early hour in the party. They walk right out the door or walk out after a few minutes. These people are the unsatisfied. They are the ones that want everyone else to satisfy them without taking any steps to get the party going. Every once and a while one or two more people walk in the doors and decide to stay. The party gets going and will begin to sustains itself. The party is now happening not because of the people that left early on but because of the people that stayed. Every party starts with a dedicated few and then grows as the night goes on because of those that are willing to stick around for a while. Those people then become the party.

If you want to be part of the party that is sure to get started you have to stay.

Kind of a lame analogy but it was the best I had at the time

01-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Obviously coming from someone that does'nt work here any longer.

quote="Anonymous"]I can think of 3 that are going to be gone soon. I havent worked here that long, and I have no desires to ever get promoted. I noticed when I first got hired here that there are one or two slick sleevers around that have any seniority time on at all. That is a red flag to me, sticking around and getting any seinority really means nothing here.

That tells me two things; no decent pay raises unless you get promoted, and that senior patrol people aren't really needed or wanted. If you don't get promoted, you are looked upon as 2nd class here. The Master Patrolman program is a joke, to get it all you have to do is basically take a lot of classes. You cant even do that here with the manpower shortage all the time.

I dont think there is much of a future here for me. There will always be new people that graduate from the Police Academy to fill the patrol spots. Police applicants are lined up just to get hired, so whay would the department even care if people stay as patrolmen? People will either stay here and get promoted or move on to bigger departments where being a slick sleeve is the norm and not the minority and there competitive pay raises.[/quote]

01-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Sorry to tell you but I am still working at USFPD. I have been there a very long time. I"m still learning and growing with the agency. Sure there are ups and downs but that is what a job is. I don't expect the department to give me all the satisfaction without any effort on my part. Being a police officer is more than waiting for a departmetn to give you something and if they don't jump than leaving. Being a police officer means that the individual has to put forth an effort too.

01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Mouse .... I dont think the person was talking about you. He quoted the other post that I also believe came from a person who no longer works here.

People like that will not be happy or be able to grow in this career no matter what they do. Like was said before, they most likely could not last a minute in a "busy" Department and would have to come in and change their pants hourly and restock their kleenex boxes.

If you gave them a paycheck for not showing up they would ***** that it sucks going to the bank and cashing it.

I say everyone that wants to leave, LEAVE ALREADY get lost and ***** to your new job. Things will and are changing here, and its for the better if they dont want to wait, screw em.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave

01-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Ya, I posted the above post, good detective work. I did leave the agency, but the door didn't hit me in the arse. USF has always been a revolving door and it has only gotten worse from what I've heard. I got out because I seen that if you dont get promoted here, youre looked upon, as the Mouse said, "having no dedication to the job", but yet, "Patrol is the backbone of the agency" please!...New applicants beware! Unless youre looking to get promoted and what they decide is promotable, you'll be labled "not dedicated". You'll realize this too, it took me a few years to figure it out but,...I saw the writing on the wall, ...if you dont get promoted, youre looked upon as 2nd rate! My original post stands!

01-09-2007, 05:34 AM
Oops. My bad. Thanks for the understanding. As for the "guest that posted:

"Ya, I posted the above post, good detective work. I did leave the agency, but the door didn't hit me in the arse. USF has always been a revolving door and it has only gotten worse from what I've heard. I got out because I seen that if you dont get promoted here, youre looked upon, as the Mouse said, "having no dedication to the job", but yet, "Patrol is the backbone of the agency" please!...New applicants beware! Unless youre looking to get promoted and what they decide is promotable, you'll be labled "not dedicated". You'll realize this too, it took me a few years to figure it out but,...I saw the writing on the wall, ...if you dont get promoted, youre looked upon as 2nd rate! My original post stands!"

Why then are you so bitter towards the agency. You gave it a chance for a few years and you didn't like it. Ok. No biggy. You moved on. That's okay too. If USFPD was so terrible for you then why can't you wipe it from your memory and quit your griping. Your opinion no longer matters to the department. The agency hires adults who can form opinions on their own. If their opinion is the same as yours then the agency still has some work to do. If it is different from yours, then as I mentioned in my earlier post, the party will sustain itself.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

01-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Recently completed the academy looking for somewhere in Tampa. What is your lprocess length to get on. How does it work (PAT Oral, Ploy, Psych. Med??). How short are you.

01-27-2007, 05:45 AM
I'll say again, from my experience of working there a few years, if you dont get promoted, there are no pay raises or a future. I got out because I had no desire to get promoted, and I seen how they treat people in patrol, like crap. There was no senior people in patrol (and that should be a red flag to anyone that doesnt want to get promoted), except one or two minority officers that I guess they were affraid to fire or run off. I've got a take home car now and decent pay raises, and I dont feel like a 2nd smuck at my job. Think twice.

01-28-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm really glad you feel like a real cop now, congrats!!! But, you have not been here in a while and things have changed for the better. You seem to have a propblem with the Dept, since you can't give it up and have this strange need to constantly return and bash it.

You left, move on and get on with your career.

08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
??????????????? COMING AT YA LIVE FROM SUNNY CALIFORNIA, LUCKY IS LUCKY DOES. LET'S REFER TO YA AS MC, MY LAD, :lol: YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I IS, BE, AM? IT APPEARS THAT SOMEONE HAS STRUCK A NERVE? YOU UP'S ARE LIL' SNAPDRAGONS, AIN'T YA' :lol:

09-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Some of these old posts are funny.