PDA

View Full Version : Business as Usual

12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
While the sheriff's office keeps arresting drug "users", nothing is being done about the supply of drugs to our kids at Murphy High School. Anyone in this county only needs to ask any honest kid at Murphy high school and they will tell you how drugs are readily available. If our Sheriff really cares about the future of our children, he needs to focus more on the schools. The current arrests are nothing but old time meth users. True they too need to go to jail, but they are not the future of this county, and front page news for something like this make many question the priorities of this county. Arresting high school kids for drug sale and use is a lot more difficult for the sheriff's office. Arresting old local drug users takes NO effort, but makes nice headline news. The article in the Scout tries to make it seem as if there was some type multiple cooperation between agencies. The Multiple Agency Drug Task Force is nothing more than Cherokee deputies with fancy titles. The Andrew Chief is nothing more one of the Sheriff's cronies. Mr. Tom Fry with all of his drug experience needs to really place an effort to stopping drug use in our schools, instead of giving the community the illusion as if they are really making any difference going after meth heads. Tom Fry please earn your second retirement at the sheriff's office and go after the people supplying our children.

Folks, there is ONLY one police agency in Cherokee County, please don't be fooled!

12-10-2006, 05:39 AM
I am new to the area. I would like you to explain your comment. "Only one police agency?" Please fill me in..... what are you talking about?

12-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I am new to the area. I would like you to explain your comment. "Only one police agency?" Please fill me in..... what are you talking about?

Politically meaning one agency. The sheriff of Cherokee county has direct influence over the other two small towns. In other words, nothing here in Cherokee county will get investigated without the sheriff knowing about it, or having some role in it. They do not like the influence of the SBI, or the FBI in our area, and that should tell you something. The other two police chiefs in this county were selected with the sheriff's influence.

If you are a retired police officer from Florida, and have any illusions that this place is a progressive area with regards to law enforcement, its probably ten years behind in their ways of management. Equipment wise they emulate everything they see on TV, or in the movies, but as for their abilities to investigate and run their department its still very much like Mayberry. Many, many retired officers have moved here to live and get involved with their community, to later sell their homes and move elsewhere! The select few officers from Florida that work for the sheriff, are cronies of his, that were probably losers from where they came from. They basically accept the way things are and have no idea what real policing is. Furthermore, the laws in North Carolina are some years behind from many other parts of this country. If you're new to the area, I urge you to contact the Local FOP and other retired officers from elsewhere and see if this is the place you want to live. If you are a someone who wants to escape justice for whatever reason, this place is where you want to live. Many unsolved murders in the past, or people running from the law. Drug task officers do not work nights or weekends, and they lack the commitment to really fight the drug problems in this county like many other departments around the country do. Go to the local library and read past newspaper articles about this place and then make a sound decision. Why did it take so long to capture Eric Rudolph in this county?

If you are a retired police officer, please contact the FOP and meet other retired officers.

12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
this is a test

12-20-2006, 10:30 PM
WoW! I am informed, now..... Thanks!