PDA

View Full Version : New Breed

12-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Rules for the new breed:

#1 Be as selfish as humanly possible. Don't stand for the old standard of "dues" and "seniority". They are lame terms of a dying generation. You deserve your's now, not later, move along dinosaurs.

#2 Back stab away. The best way to get ahead, or up the ladder, is to pull the guy ahead of you off the ladder. Be dirty, but don't lie if you could get caught.

#3 Question everything. Eventually they will not have an answer for why and cave in. That or they will worry about being politcally correct and change the rules or standards.

#4 Dont stick your neck out for anyone but yourself, unless you get something in return and you really are in no danger. Why risk your neck, or ehh life, for some total stranger who just happens to wear the same uniform as you. Worry about yourself, you are all you got.

#5 Show the world the cop you are. Its amazing how the law enforcement community has survived all these centuries without you. Spread your knowledge and insight so everyone can learn from your fresh and youthful view of the world of police work.

Yes friends, follow these simple rules to being a good cop and you too can be of the "NEW BREED". You will also find some of us middle breed guys waiting in the wings to either: a) stomp your ass b) let you fall on your face once or twice c) be forced to testify against you at an IA d) tell your wife, or "life partner", that you are cheating on it and get you thrown out of your own house.

There are scumbags of the world that relish when a cop gets hurt, fired, or killed. They think its great. The media loves the story they get re-broadcast 10,000 times. The government politicians love being able to memoralize a fallen hero to show they care. With all of these things against us can we try and act like brothers and sisters, just for 8 hours (12 for the deputies in jail).

And for the record, 10-69er, if I ever figure out who you are, we will talk.

12-04-2006, 11:56 PM
want don't you just dig up all the other posts that refer to this topic? Maybe your such a dinosaur that your "oldtimers" disease is kicking in.

Honestly, don't you think that the people before you graced law enforcement thought the same about you? I betcha they did.

Today's LEO's are better educated and better trained. Stick to thumping them over the head with your D-Cell, while we TASER the bejesus out of them.

:P

Ten6Niner
12-05-2006, 02:29 AM
My Dearest Middle Age Hypocrite:

You spew so much hatred toward your junior brethren, yet you violate your own "rules" near the end of your post:

#1 "Be as selfish as humanly possible": Your response: "You will find...us...waiting...to...stomp your arse (nice British term, by the way) b) let you fall on your face...etc." My response: You set a good, selfish example by reveling in their mistakes instead of offering a hand up. Maybe their "selfishness" is just a reflection of what they've seen you do.

#2 "Back stab away." Your response: "d) tell your wife, or "life partner", that you are cheating...etc." My response: Sounds like you're a back stabber too!

#3 "Question everything." My response: Isn't that how you learn? People who are innovators and good at ANY job ask "why?" Is it annoying sometimes? Yes. Does the questions sometimes need asked? Absolutely.

#4 "Don't stick your neck out for anyone but yourself,..." Your response: I'll get around to helping you after I stomp your arse, let you screw up and fill your spouse in on things that aren't any of my business. My response: Again, they're following your lead, oh great one.

#5 "Show the world the cop you are." Your response: The only good one of the five. My response: Hey newbies, please follow this idiot's advice on this one. Please share your views so we can learn from your fresh and youthful view. We middle to long time guys tend to get stale and forget there are multiple viewpoints, not just "my way or the highway."

As far as acting like brothers and sisters, we do. We squabble, we fight for attention of those who "parent" us and when it REALLY matters, we come together and get the job done. So, keep up the good work, "big brother." We'll all talk about you at the family reunion!

And as far as your thinly veiled threat, we can "talk" here. Since I don't even recognize your name here as a repeat poster, I don't know if we've had "conversations" here or not. I know that others would find your postings and my responses entertaining, at the very least. Besides I wouldn't want you to "stomp my arse!"

12-05-2006, 01:32 PM
10-6-9er you are right on the $. Middle Age sounds worse than the "New Breed" he is putting down. :lol: :lol:

12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
In case you have not noticed, if you type in the word a s s, it automatically converts to arse. No clue why. Other than that, thanks for falling into the new breed category by your comments. Middle Breed and older will find the original post funny as hell and true to life. New Breeds will always be there just as teenagers will always be there, being a pain the butt. Its the cycle of experience, and yes the ones before thought the very same thing of me, to a t. Now is my time to look at you an go, "holy crap." In another 10 years I'll be the old fart on mids with weekends off counting the days to drop. Such is life.

As far as "tasering the bejesus out of people" all i can say is youre a ***** without that torture device.

12-05-2006, 10:21 PM
New breeds bring computer skills which have become law enforcement. They lack life experience for the most part but police work in general is just becoming such a target for the non law enforcement public.....New breeds have no health or dental when they retire but they would rather worry about what kinda car they driving.....Im old and tired and I tip my hat to the new guys.......the future just seems like its going to a bear to make a career out of in this job

12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Computer Skills??? That's on the job training crap, that means little. All new breeds will always lack life experience. I'm thinking that Middle Breed is talking about the New Breed of right now. There are alot of them out there. They are selfish little pricks. There are not enough senior guys as FTO's to show them how to be real cops. 2 year Deputies becoming FTO's is messed up. It should be FTO = weekends off. That would attract senior guys to it. And if you cant hack the FTO spot get the f out. Otherwise its Howdy Doo Dee teaching Dewey the Noob to run an MDB and minimize complaint issues. As far as the future for the new breed, we have it worse. We know what it was like to be a Deputy 10 years ago or 20 years ago. They dont know any different.

12-07-2006, 12:16 AM
The "new breed"= people who can run and shoot but lack commen sense. The one's that constantly complain about their FTO's because they are babies and have never FTO'd themselves.

We need to stop hiring right out of the academy and ONLY hire those with experience who already have some what of a clue.