PDA

View Full Version : Sgt Promotions

11-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Well by now everyone has seen the new LE SGT/LT promotional test letter.

What a fine way for our agency to tell the remaining 11 troops on the eligability list to bend over and take it in the Arse. Why dont they have the balls to just tell the next person on the list that they don't want to promote him. NO that would take some balls. Instead they skank around and F___ the other 11 deputies who jumped thru there hoops to pass the test.

If the next person is so bad that your willing to not promote anyone else, why did you let him take the test. This just proves test promotional testing is a popularity contest and a joke. Accreditation states you must have a promotional process. IT DOES SAY YOU MUST FOLLOW IT. I.E Let lower the score to 70 to promotion Sgt B.P. Or lets skip over people to promote Capt J.H. The administration just made a huge mistake in it;s credibility with it's troops. They don't give a rats arse about anything but there image.

I feel truely sorry for the 11 people who remained on the promotional list. I know many of you where looking forward to the opportunity the become a SGT or Lt. Just remember, don't turn your back on your fellow deputies. ( Oh Yea, DONT TURN YOUR BACK ON THE ADMINISTTRATION YOUR YOU'LL GET IT IN THE ARSE AGAIN> :evil:

11-30-2006, 07:03 AM
I hear there will be a new test.

The Physical portion will be Duck, Duck, Goose

and the test will be Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe. I want to promote him because he licks my toes.

and for the oral board it will be Hickory, ****ory Dock, Let's promote her because she Suc_s good C---.

11-30-2006, 07:10 AM
The fact of the matter is they can't call him into the office and tell him they don't want to promote because they don't have the documentation to support them. They would most likely open themselves up to a lawsuit. So they have to crap on everone else on the list. (Less liability)

No balls to do whats right
No documentation
No testing credibilty
No promotions for the deserving

11-30-2006, 07:35 AM
What I don't understand is why the Sheriff and the Col are letting the Majors and Capt play favorites. Is it because SID and CID got there people promoted and don't want anyone else to advance. Or is it because they are listening to rumors and lies about peoples performance and abilities.

Know dought about it, the people being passed over should get an explanation. And not the usual smoke up the but.

I tought that was why there was a 1 yr probationary period. If the new Sgt doesn't perform document the substandard work and demote him/her. The promote the next person. Thats the fair thing the do.

I guess I just live in a fantasy world

11-30-2006, 08:30 AM
How do you think that douche bag Overstreet got promoted.

11-30-2006, 09:50 AM
I guess that After you make Lt and your rank is given to you .ie. Capt/Mag/Col, you forget how difficult it can be to get on the promotions list. And after a few years you find it much easier to sleep at night after you scr-w so many people.

Do the right thing Col. either promote him because he pass the test, or ask him to step aside.

11-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Just wondering who from SID/CID got promoted? I just cant remember.

11-30-2006, 01:00 PM
In reference to Capt. J.H. I really had no problem with how he was picked, he was the most qualified for that particular position, I like the fact the Administration actually pick the person who was right for needs pf the Agency, it should be like that for Lieutenants and above. You are picking your administration and it has been proven time and time again that a test does not necessarily make you a good administrator. Now Sergeants I believe need to test but I agree there is a probationary period and if they don’t cut it, cut them. I like the way SID picks, and you know what no one bitc*es about it, that’s just the way it is and it works well, if you’re a lazy arse you don’t make the cut.

11-30-2006, 02:38 PM
I agree Capt JH was the right choice for the position he is in now and the sheriff does need to hand pick his senior leaders. I think the point was that JH was hand picked and jumped over other selectees earlier in his career before he made Capt. So it's not unpresidented for a person to be past over on the promotions list. But we all know they can do what ever they want to do.

11-30-2006, 07:46 PM
I am the next one on the list and i am not as upset as some of you! I still have hope i will get the call before the list closes. Remember from the past, the current list is not closed till the results of the oral are in-or the Col. closes it before then. Bottom line- myself included-if i don't get a call before the study material then i will go get it again and start all over. Also remember everyone that was not #1 could have done better-we all strived to do our best because it is not practical to think that they would promote all 20 people that placed.

11-30-2006, 08:02 PM
True tact and Diplomacy. But I don't think it's you they don't want to promote.

12-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Why don't they just put a disclamer on the very first page of the test saying that " if your not SWAT, SID or Play ball, you have almost no chance of getting promoted". Hard work and loyalty gets you nothing here. From what I noticed the last 3-4 lists were more of a popularity contest.

12-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Lets think about that statement genius. The SWAT guys who got promoted came from patrol and ventured out to CID, CAC or SID. Did they choose to keep their lazy arse under a shade tree? No. They decided to try and learn some different areas of the agency and do some different police work. Are they smarter then you? yes. They studied hard and passed the test while you were complaining why everyone else gets things and you don’t. Blow your nose and wipe your eyes crybaby. Get your material on the 15th and study harder get promoted and make changes if you’re the brains at our agency. As for SID, most don’t want to take the test because they like the job they are doing and from what I hear they do it well. The ones who do take it from SID, I’d bet a lunch they do better then the rest even though last years test was geared more to patrol. Wanna know why, they are doers not talkers.

12-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Gee im sure "Be smart" isnt an admin spokesman right?????? What a flippin joke.

12-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Grow up. If you truly believe being in S.I.D / C.I.D. / S.W.A.T gives you Carte blanche to achieve a promotion, you obviously have never taken a promotional exam at this agency. Score high on the written and speak like a professional law enforcement officer during the oral, and placement on the list is yours for the taking. As for being a spokesman for the administration, a supervisor ( as well as all employees of the agency) are supposed to have faith in, and back the agency they work for. If you believe a supervisor is supposed to have an Oneco mentality that is focused soley on a patrol deputy's personal problems and inferiority complexes, then YOU are correct, the promotional process is a "flippin"(sic )joke.

12-01-2006, 12:45 PM
No he/she is right is absolutely right, if I were you I would call the Colonel and give him your name and tell him you deserve to be promoted, I’m sure that would probably work just tell him you are trying out for SWAT or putting in for SID/CID. Even better put your name on the board and we will all call him for you, or how about an agency petition lets see if the entire agency wants to see you get promoted, yea that’s a better process.

12-01-2006, 12:50 PM
I would prefer them just picking and be done with it. If they pick someone and the are a dumb arse it reflects on them, my guess is that wont happen much.

12-01-2006, 01:23 PM
It got nothing to do with where you came from CID/SID/SWAT/PATROL.
they just dont want the S.L. promoted. so they are goning to retest. Why osn't correction taking the test. Because There ok with the people on the list. The agency has a test prcess set up and eveyone that got on the list followed that process. But no the adminstration has pulled the rug out from under the remaining selectees. HOW CAN YOU HAVE FAITH IN A AGENCY THAT CHANGES THE RULES BEHIND YOUR BACK.

So you take the test next time and finish first,second or thrid. Then what.
They still don't like you and everyone under you get F----ed again.

That the problem. They made the process now they need to stick to it or it's a never ending thing

They administration makes use stick to procedues, why can't they.

If he's so bad, he won't last the probationary period. at least be fair to the others

To administration. you say the trust of the community is important for us to operate effectively.

WELL I SAY TRUST FROM YOUR TROOPS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO EFFECTIVE OPERATIONS. DO WHATS RIGHT.

12-02-2006, 01:33 PM
WOW
24hrs and not a single response. I guess when the truth is out and the facts are in the open, there not much anyone can say.

maybe it's time Accreditation look into it. Maybe if we lose our accreditation for not having a legitimate testing procedure, and it hits them in the wallet, maybe then they would do whats right.

12-04-2006, 12:53 PM
The General Order states promotion testing is done every year. The Sheriff may extend the list, he does not have to extend it.

The current list is not closed and will not be closed until shortly before the test (five months away).

Look at some of the individuals who have been promoted and some who have not. Do you honestly think that if the administration was picking and choosing that some of those would have been promoted? Or, that some who were not promoted wouldn't have been if it was rigged. Think about it.

Get the study materials, prepare yourself, and take the test. I'm sure they will not have a question asking the difference between there and their.

12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey "Reader Rabbit" did you forget who was number 5 on the list and was the last one promoted. That proves the best people are not always chosen

12-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Who's Balls did Overgoof lick to be promoted?????

12-06-2006, 12:20 AM
To Reader Rabbit

What you say is correct. So correct i would venture to say that you are probabley part of the snake Assed administration. So tell me why isn't corrections testing?. And tell the truth not a G.O. or your BS smal smoke up the arse lie.

You prompted the ones you wanted to pomote and you don't want the next ones.

And go ahead and have fun with my spelling mistakes. At least I admit I make mistakes.

12-06-2006, 04:08 AM
To Reader Rabbit

What you say is correct. So correct i would venture to say that you are probabley part of the snake Assed administration. So tell me why isn't corrections testing?. And tell the truth not a G.O. or your BS smal smoke up the arse lie.

You prompted the ones you wanted to pomote and you don't want the next ones.

And go ahead and have fun with my spelling mistakes. At least I admit I make mistakes.
Dear sir or maam, whatever your current rank or situation. You really need to get a hobby because you are going to self destruct. It certainly isn't as bad as you try to make it out to be. If you haven't noticed you and some other idiot with a vendetta against a certain Lieutenant are the only ones on the soap box here. The list isn't closed, there may still be promotions and YOU jumped the gun to spit out your vile garbage. When I got promoted, I never had any expectation of GETTING promoted just because I made a list. Get real you freakin whiner. You make me sick. Do you really think this is some sort of entitlement?

12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Go Away Barry

12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Dear Admin Dude:

I have nothing against Lt B.O. or any one else on the list (Promoted or unpromoted) My problem is with the way the some people complained about the rest of the list and now they want a LE retest. And I have several hobbies that keep me occuppied outside of work. I don't live and breath Law Enforcement and I dont normally post on this board. I just want a fair playing field. A when I see an injustice I will whine and *****.
I don't roll over and pretend it didn't happen.

12-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Go Away Barry
Not me, dude. Whoever it was made some good points, but I had nothing to do with it. I'm just reading this for some comedy relief, although it is very informative to learn that I'm a ball-licking, douche-bag.

12-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I find it both interesting and puzzling that there are now two Sgt vacancies in the COPS unit. I guess maybe there is a couple of people they don't want to promote.

12-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Not true. Per the Colonel, both C.G. and S.L. are getting promoted prior to the closing of the list. They are simply suspending the promotions until the deputies being transferred out of SED to help with the new recruit class get sent back to SED in July. At that time both of the Sgt. promotions will become effective. Guess there's not such a big conspiracy theory after all. :shock:

12-10-2006, 05:46 AM
First thing: Well said Chad, And I'm glad your getting the nod.

Second thing: Being on swat has nothing to do with getting promoted, You guys *****ing are too new to remember when J.G. got a 99.5 and then placed 17 on the list. He was swat then.

Third: Get off the Overstreet bashing, he's turned out to be a good Lt. I to had my fears because of thing being said about his style. But i think he's learned from his mistakes and is now a good LT to work for.

12-10-2006, 04:06 PM
And what about the other 4 Lt selectees and 13 Sgt Selectees. Theres still no reason to waste thousands of dollars on anew test.

12-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Scrape the bottom of the barrel. That's exactly what every company/government office needs. Maybe there are up and comers who were not eligible for the last test that deserve a shot. Do ya think?

Nah...Take the mouth breathers.

CTFUUU
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
SMH....people are still whining about this Sgt's list. For any of you that have any time on here at the department, then you know this is how it is done and has been done. Some years the list is for a year and sometimes it's for 2yrs. GTF over yourself and take the damned test again!

12-14-2006, 01:08 AM
UNBELIEVEABLE ALL THE ONES THEY HAVE ALREADY PROMOTED. IT REALLY SHOWS OUR DESPERASTION AS AN AGENCY. 1ST HIRING DEPUTIES YOU WOULD SWEAR DID NOT PASS HIGH SCHOOL TO THEN PROMOTING THE LAZY PEOPLE TO SUPERVISE. TAKING A TEST AND REMEMBERING ANSWERS IS NOT WHAT DOES IT. GET A CLUE PEOPLE. LETS START VOTING IN SUPS.

12-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Looser, it would help your cause if you practiced your spelling skills before complaining on a public site where hundreds of people can see what a dumbazz you are.

CTFUUU
12-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Looser, it would help your cause if you practiced your spelling skills before complaining on a public site where hundreds of people can see what a dumbazz you are.No shid, huh? Spelling and grammatical errors. "LOSER" is complaining about hiring people just out of high school and can't complete a sentence him/herself! The best part though, "Loser" wants to be a supervisor. I can just imagine reading a significant that "Loser" penned. LMAO!

12-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Voting in supervisors? Holy crap, is this a high school popularity contest or a Sheriff's Dept?

While the promotion process has its flaws its not going to get fixed with idiotic ideas like that.

How bout coming up with real solutions?

12-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Oh yeah ctfuuu isnt it time to change your tampon?

CTFUUU
12-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Oh yeah ctfuuu isnt it time to change your tampon?I'm waiting on your help! :lol:

12-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Hey CTFUU , the real mso2 didn't write that, i'm alittle above those type of idiotic statements.

CTFUUU
12-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Hey CTFUU , the real mso2 didn't write that, i'm alittle above those type of idiotic statements.See what happens when you remain a "guest".

mso2
12-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Now i am!

CTFUUU
12-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Now i am!Welcome!

12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I know this subject is a little old but i have been thinking up a way to improve the promotion list. Feedback would be welcomed.

#1 Continue to give the written exam ( we need to make sure those to be promoted are knowledgable).

#2 Discontinue the oral board (regardless if you believe or not it is a popularity contest for those that are known or look good in the uniform).

#3 Without telling anyone who passed, have a mandatory meeting with all sgts and above supervisors. Enforcement supervisors will vote for enforcment candidates and corrections supervisors will vote for corrections supervisors. The passing scores could always be given out later.

#4 If someone from the group who is voting thinks someone on the list is a very good candidate and is willing to speak for them as to thier belief that that person would make a good supervisor because they have worked for them or beside them ,they could give a speech per se as to that persons ability.

#5 Without letting them discuss it , let them vote secretly who they think would be the best choice to be thier equal (this will keep anyone from campaining for thier choice). Even if one or two pick a friend off the list a majority of the people might say " I'm not chosing so and so because even though he's a great __fill in the blank_______, he would be a shitty supervisor.

People from outside the agency do not know someones' work ethic, knowledge, leadership qualities, ect. That comes from line supervisors and above. Also with the secret ballot there is no pressure from those around you to pick thier friend. During the meeting, PMP's could be looked at for qualfied candidates to help make the decsions.

Well how's that for a start on a new promotional process? Like I said comments from the peanut gallery are welcome, and other ideas can be added.

12-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Thats dumb

12-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Is that the best response you could come up with? People like you are part of the problem not the solution.