PDA

View Full Version : Drug use....

11-29-2006, 11:01 PM
I am a Deputy in Florida and I am from the Tampa area born and raised. I would like to come back to the area and work at some point. My question is this, in the past (12 years ago) I experimented with some drug's. I know that HCSO is extremely strict with their hiring process now. What would be any problems that might come up with me getting a job? Since the drugs use I served in the military and worked with the federal gov, and now work with a Sheriff's Office in Florida as a LEO. Does this help overlook my stupid decision to experiment with certain drugs? Any help would be extremely appreciated. :?:

11-30-2006, 05:50 AM
48 of you viewed my question and not one reply, thanks for the help.

11-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey look now its 63 and still no one cares, Pothead!!

11-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Make it 80

11-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Like you never smoked pot, the only reason you have a job is because you lied on your poly. thanks for the help, you two must be HCSO pride ang joy. DG must really be proud of Deputies like the two of you... Be safe out there.

11-30-2006, 05:57 PM
99 checking in, passin poly's drug free and makin DG proud :twisted:

11-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Number 112 here.

You don't seem to get it.

No one who reads (and responds) on this board can evaluate how HCSO will judge YOUR PARTICULAR CASE.

This is not the place to ask the question or to expect an answer.

Call Recruitment and Screening (813-247-8000) and ask THEM. No other answer counts.

Oh, by the way - I'VE NEVER USED DRUGS (including never smoked pot) AND I'M CONFIDENT THAT IT MAKES DAVID GEE PROUD!!!!!

Too bad about you.

:P

11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Truth to tell,
Thanks for at least giving me a number, I understand this is not the place for questions like mine. I really just wanted to see if someone might have insight on this matter is all. Thanks for the number.

12-01-2006, 03:44 AM
You come here and post about your drug use and expect a cogent response. You need to grow up, you are like a lot of new deputies. "I don't want to look on my own" let me ask. If you were able to find this location I'm sure you could have "googled" the Hillsborough county Sheriff's Office and found exactly what you are looking for. Your answer can be found here. http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/RandS/join_qualifying.html

So go ahead and apply and I hope you change your attitude about stooopid questions that you could have answered on your own with just a little bit of effort. :twisted: :evil:

12-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Number 303 and I still don't care...go apply at the local security company.

12-21-2006, 02:19 AM
Have you considered applying for one of the Child Protective Investigator positions? It looks like most of the dopers and work shirkers that came over from DCF are just about weeded out by now, and the employees who transferred over, thinking that dealing with deadbeat kids and families would be worth the raise are rethinking their decision Might be an option you want to consider. Have a toke and think about it, man.