PDA

View Full Version : Blueline Mr. and Mrs. Cop

11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Any comments?

11-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Who is it? Havent seen the show. Been too busy taking calls

11-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Three things.

One, it may work for some couples to both be in law enforcement, but it's not a better situation, as they made it seem in their comments. I knew my husband long before he was a cop and I'll know him long after he retires and isn't a cop anymore. He leaves his work at work. If he needs to vent, he vents. I listen. End of story. The fact that I don't have the same profession, doesn't mean I understand him any less.

Two, I think it made the CPD look like The Dating Game since both couples met at work. Come work at CPD and meet your mate. LOL

Three, the pratical (and maybe a bit paranoid) cops wife in me thought, Hello... the "M's" are BOTH cops and here they are putting their children's photos on A. TV and B. the internet (the video is online with links to "Clearwater John's" and sexual predators next to it)
In this day and age we can't be careful enough. I know that I'd never put my children's pictures on the internet or on Blueline right along with my husband's image. To me, that wasn't the wisest thing, especially coming from two cops that should know better.

Just my opinions...

a copswife :D

11-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Who is it? Havent seen the show. Been too busy taking calls

The Longs and the McBride's.

One couple I thought was very sincere. The other, well... I guess I know too much. What happens in Vegas, doesn't stay in Vegas.... or Orlando... or wherever. :oops:

11-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Well, as homosexual in America today, I am completely outraged! This is The View and where I'm sitting, it's a travesty to homosexuals everywhere to portray marriage as the only viable option out there. I mean, WHERE are the gay couples? Mr. Cop and Mr. Cop or Mrs. Cop and Mrs. Cop.

I won't sit back and take this clearly ANTI-Homosexual stance!

Signed,

Rosie O'Donnell

11-30-2006, 11:47 PM
that is some funny shizit! LOL

12-01-2006, 12:41 AM
To the Cop's wife not a cop: Please do not think that you will ever know or think you know what it is like to do our profession. You are fooling yourself if you think that you are just as much involved in law enforcement because your husband comes home from work and shares stories with you. You will never know what it is really like until you work this job.

Second, you are really fooling yourself if you think that your children are undercover in the real world. Odds are someone in your town knows your children's father is a police officer.

Third, you have a quick opinion on others behind a nameless and faceless computer. Do you know these people? No, but I am sure you think you do because your husband told you a story.

Forth, your husband must be real special if you have the time to watch the Blueline special and then get on LEO Affairs to write about it. How about you take a second and take care of YOUR almighty hidden family and see if you can futher hide your identities in society.

I say good day to you, dirty sanchez! :lol:

JAFO
12-01-2006, 09:12 AM
After watching the show a couple of things come to mind and some of you are taking this thing way to seriously. Let’s stick to the facts. First of all, it was probably hard to come up with some couples that would go on the show in the first place so give them a break because I didn’t see any of your faces up there.

TEAM WORK. Regardless of who the couples are or who they work for its more then just a job, it becomes an adventure. Being a married couple in the same profession is a second job in itself. Just ask anyone whose done it and succeeded at the same time. Ask those who have tried but failed for the same reasons. Even dating someone within the profession is a task in itself.

All successful marriages strive on team work regardless of who the players are.

COMMUNICATION IN ANY MARRIAGE IS AN IMPORTANT KEY TO SUCCESS. Look around and take stock of what you see around you and learn from it. Key elements in any successful marriage as in some military operations includes the phrase, “improvise, adapt and overcome”.

The “cops wife” is proud of their relationship and there’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe, when some of you get older and wiser, have some more street sense you too will have both the foresight and hindsight to realize this. If you are not a cop and writing this, you need to spend some more time talking with your spouse yourself.

I don’t know what a “dirty sanchez” is or relates too, but maybe you can clue me in so I too will know what that means.

If you are in law enforcement or married to it just remember, we are all on the same side.

Thanks for listening.......

12-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Most everyone at CPD just goes in and does their job and hopefully goes home. With the odd and long hours that are worked, yes, some marital bliss or even a good strong, romantic relationship between employees does development.
That is the same atmosphere with companies across the globe.
With the Officers Wife talking about our privacy......
working in Lawenforcement with our Confidential Addresses really doesn't shield us from the prying eyes of anyone that wants to take the time to locate us. Maybe if we worked in the CIA we would have more of a chance to be better shielded from the public. Their are some wives that, by the way they talk, you would think THEY are the cops, and their are others that stay "under the radar" like their husbands concerning THE JOB, cause' some citizens connect you in any way with THE JOB, will start in on the Bad Cop stories..yadayada...so....Thats All I have to say about this....

12-02-2006, 06:32 PM
HAD NO IDEA MRS Mc BRIDE WAS MARRIED DANG DANG DANG.

12-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Quote: "To the Cop's wife not a cop: Please do not think that you will ever know or think you know what it is like to do our profession. "

Well... first off 'Foolish', I have no desire WHATSOEVER to be in law enforcement. I'm glad I don't know what it's like. Again, that doesn't make me any less *understanding*, or any less of a spouse because I'm not working the same profession.

Second of all, 'Fool', you said "you are really fooling yourself if you think that your children are undercover in the real world. " Honeychild, I never said my children are undercover. But, we don't advertise that my dh is a LEO. Most of our family, friends and neighbors know, but I'd never put pictures of my children online with along with my husband. That's just putting it out there. There is a difference. We go through so much to do what we CAN to protect ourselves and make it a bit more difficult.

Lastly, you sound bitter and were nasty with your comments. You need to reread my post, because I was polite and pleasant. I don't know what you are referring to about knowing the couples. The only comment that I made about them was about the whole identity thing.

I always watch Blueline online, since I don't get that channel on TV. I'm proud of our department and the officers in it.
My priorities are in order, as my husband and kids get almost all of my time. I don't come here often, and again, I see why. People like you that get all pushed out of shape because I hit the nail on the head.

Cops wife

12-03-2006, 08:57 PM
The “cops wife” is proud of their relationship and there’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe, when some of you get older and wiser, have some more street sense you too will have both the foresight and hindsight to realize this.

Thanks, JAFO. I went back and reread and I'm thinking "Foolish" thought I wrote some of the other responses.

Anyway, GREAT advice on marriage... SO true. Bottom line people, this is a job. Someday, you won't a Cop or a deputy anymore. You'll retire and possible move away and your spouse is hopefully your best friend and life mate. That's how it is for us. Invest in your kids and your wife. The department will move on, your friends will move on, your co-workers will move on.

And we are a team! This department used to be SO close as an extended family. We've been here long enough to have been a part of it. I miss it. But I can live w/o it..

Too bad we all just can't get along.

12-03-2006, 11:48 PM
It is true - CPD will forget who you are the moment you put your paperwork on the desk announcing your retirement. If you think Scientology can shun a former member, you ain't seen nothing until you or your spouse is no longer collecting a pay check from the city. The only difference is CPD doesn't chase you down to make you stay like Scientology - yet you're no longer welcome just the same.

It's a j-o-b - and for some, it used to be an extended family. From what I hear now it's more like the Hatfields and McCoy's -

Do your time and move on - make sure you learn to balance your family and your job, yet give more weight to your family - if you invest in them right, they'll be around longer than your 20 year career.

A senior officer once told me "When you interviewed here, you told the Staff what a great place it was to work, and it was far supreme above any other local agency you've looked into and you were begging to work here - if you now think it's the worst place in the world, the only thing that has changed is that you were hired!"

Family first, job last. Don't make it your life.