PDA

View Full Version : OVERLAP DETAIL FIXED

11-27-2006, 03:55 PM
WANT TO SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH THE OVERLAP DETAIL?

MAKE IT 30 MIN LONG

THINK ABOUT IT , WHAT YOU GET DONE IN 1 HOUR YOU CAN GET DONE IN 30 MIN

THEN THE NEXT SHIFT SUPERVISOR CAN STOP MAKING BAD JUDGMENT CALLS RESULTING IN MORE BAD MORALE

MORALE IS ALREADY VERY LOW , AND FOR GOOD REASON .
MAKE THE OVERLAP 30 MINS AND THAT WAY THE ENDING SHIFT WONT GET STUCK WITH A BAD CALL, THEY CAN EVEN 15 THE ON COMMING SHIFT.
IF YOU MAKE THE OVERLAP 30MIN WE WILL HAVE AMPLE ZONE COVERAGE EVERY ONE WILL GET A 15, DISPATCHERS CAN DO THEIR JOB BETTER , OFFICER WONT BE BUSY ON OTHER THINGS , SGTS AND LIEUTENANTS WONT HAVE TO MAKE BAD DECISIONS
ALL THE STATS WILL STILL BE GENERATED
AND MOST OF ALL YOU CAN STOP SCREWING OVER OUR RESIDENTS WHO PAY ALOT OF TAXES FROM POLICE SERVICES BY YOU BEING THERE WHEN THEY NEED YOU. NOT " HOLD IT UNTILL THE OVERLAP IS OVER"

THE OVERLAP IS A BYPRODUCT YOU CITY OF MIAMI MENTALITY
MIAMI IS NOT MIAMI BEACH , WE FEEL BAD FOR MIAMI COPS

BUT AS YOU CAN SEE THE MIAMI MENTALITY IS A FOOLISH ONE , WE EVOLVED AS MIAMI BEACH YEARS AGO ONLY TO DEEVOLVE INTO THIS STUPIDITY?
FIX IT , IT IS VERY EASY MAKE THE OVERLAP 30 MIN AND EVERY ONE WINS. ESPECIALY OUR TAX PAYING RESIDENTS WHO ARE CALLING FOR OUR HELP. IF WE DONT DO IT THE CITY IS SENDING THE MESSAGE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CITIZENS OF MIAMI BEACH. ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO ANY ONE WHO WOULD CRITIZIZE IT SHOWS HOW STUPID THEY ARE
SO ... SOME ONE WITH AUTHORITY STEP UP AND BE A MAN
AND JUST DO IT

11-27-2006, 04:11 PM
yes, yes, yes
but the administration is so smart , they know better then every one else im sure they thought of this already
:shock:

hey , you know what?, thats a good idea !
okay its a very good idea.
MBPD--- Make Belive Police Department

i don't think they care about our citizens as you say, but I have to agree with you thats one good idea you have

Im going to bring this to the FOP meeting and tell others about your idea

hey why aren't you a Captain yuo just made a better plan then they have in two years. I guess you loose IQ points when you get promoted to the level of captain or above.
nice job I like it

11-27-2006, 09:57 PM
i like it , but can you tell me if it is approved by franklin covey?
if it is we will have this fine idea up and working
time to check my window

11-28-2006, 01:21 AM
does anyone know if an officer CAN be written up for giving 0's on the overlap? if yes, what for? is it written in policy? wondering......

11-28-2006, 01:36 AM
has any ofc been written up as of yet?

11-28-2006, 01:56 AM
No,u cant be written up but the sgt. can ride with u and order u to take action or disciplinary action will be taken,l.o.l.... sorry guys but the overlap monster was created by chief,t-money and deputy chief fernandez... this total waste of time and morale is nothing more than a quota in disguise.. it should be illegal....
I TRIED TO MAKE A POINT AND BRING IN A ZERO AND THE NEXT DAY THE SGT. RODE WITH ME FOR 4F..KING HOURS.. YEA,I PRODUCED,WROTE UP SOME POOR CITIZENS.39ED ON OLD DRUNK WHO WAS ACTUALY DOING A GOOD JOB OF HIDEING BUT SGT SAW HIM AND YEA,PLACED CARDS,WATCH OVER MIAMI AT SOME DOORS... SO NOW I TRY AND DO A LITTLE OF THIS B.S. POLICE WORK JUST TO KEEP THE A..HOLE AWAY... THEY WIL NEVER GET RID OF OVERLAP SO WORK AS A TEAM... PICK YOUR DAYS AND THAT WAY THE SGT. DOESNT PICK ON ANYONE AND AT LEAST ONE OF U GETS TO DO ZERO EACH WEEK..
MPD,FEELING YOUR PAIN BUT OURS IS WORSE...

11-28-2006, 04:07 AM
Although your idea is good in theory, there are still some problems here. It takes north-enders longer than half-an-hour to get to zone after roll call. After taking care of whatever paperwork needs to get turned in, fueling up at city shops, then driving through the 63rd ST construction, it then becomes desperation time to try to get a stat. Too many times a poor schlub gets jackpotted because they need a stat to keep the Brass off their A$$.

11-28-2006, 05:19 AM
I agree with the last remark, especially for the new guys who are on probation with no take home vehicle. They have to 1st find a car, most of the times without gas. Therefore, they have to take a trip to 04. And by the time they get to the middle or the north, they have to hurry to get stats before the 1hr time frame.

12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
does anyone know if an officer CAN be written up for giving 0's on the overlap? if yes, what for? is it written in policy? wondering......

No Quotas are illegal and its the administration that gets criminaly punished when it is established that it exists.

listen if the ACLU ever ............... well never mind lets not go there
the first cop to get written up for that could slam the brass where it hurts if he/she wanted to.

01-08-2007, 02:39 AM
The overlap is a dangerous vehicle. It is putting undo pressures on some officers, especially new officers, to go out and affect an arrest or write a citation to satisfy this unofficial quota system. Our department is opening them selves up to future litigation by taking away our officer's discretion. They are telling us that we are not capable of doing our jobs. They treat us like children. These are the supervisors that when they were on the road did nothing. They know who they are. Officers, follow your conscience. Do what is right. Do not submit to these pressures.

02-10-2007, 02:11 AM
does anyone know if with the new proposed shift hours, the overlap will get 07'd?

02-10-2007, 08:20 AM
not for noons or mids...betwen 10p-2a there will be a 4hr availablity overlap time