PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters Law Enforcement League

11-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Just so everyone knows, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents law enforcement officers. This is not new, just not very well known. The Teamsters will agressively represent it's members. Teamsters Local 385, http://www.local385.org has represented police officers and deputy sheriff's for well over ten years. Local 385 employs active and retired law enforcement officers as business agents to better represent it's members. These business agents have considerable experience in representing officers/deputies in internal affairs investigations and the disciplinary process. If your agency is not represented, or you are considering making a change, please contact the Teamsters. Teamsters has a hundred year history of representing members to improve wages, hours, and working conditions, no other union can say that.

11-22-2006, 02:20 PM
I agree we need a union, but before anyone thinks the teamsters in the answer, check with some of the police departments they have represented first. I have heard some very negative comments about the way they represented officers at Bartow Police Department.

11-23-2006, 01:13 AM
There where some issues with the Local that represented Bartow PD, however the ability for the Local to reach out and utilized experienced Teamster Cops is available, myself and my partner have travel all over the State, as well as other states to conduct organizing campaigns and contract negotiations. Between the two of us we have 39 years of law enforcement experience. I can say that I have been PBA and paid dues from day one, and my ex-wife was FOP and paid dues from day one. Neither agency benefited like we have since we became Teamsters. You are right though, please do your research, and consider several things, 1. Experience with representing Labor, by the way thats you (Teamsters 100 years).

2. Financial Stability (State or National Union vs International Union).
(REALLY DEEP POCKETS)

3. The number of members supporting you (Teamsters 1.4 million members).

11-23-2006, 01:54 AM
I think the connotation of who the teamsters are historically involved with

(lotta italian sounding names) might keep us from moving forward on this.

11-23-2006, 02:09 AM
The history of the Teamsters may be something to think about, but then again it might not. Our profession "LAW ENFORCMENT" has an even longer and darker history of corruption, even within the last few years. Let remember all of the New Orleans officers indicted as well as the Washington Metro officers. Our professions history is as bad if not worse than that of the Teamsters.

Just think about 1.4 million members of the Teamsters that would be supporting you.

11-23-2006, 02:31 AM
yeah 1.4 million and if you don't go our way, you end up on a milk carton. I like it. lets get a vote

11-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Im in.