PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters Law Enforcement League

11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Just so everyone knows, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents law enforcement officers. This is not new, just not very well known. The Teamsters will agressively represent it's members. Teamsters Local 385, http://www.local385.org has represented police officers and deputy sheriff's for well over ten years. Local 385 employs active and retired law enforcement officers as business agents to better represent it's members. These business agents have considerable experience in representing officers/deputies in internal affairs investigations and the disciplinary process. If your agency is not represented, or you are considering making a change, please contact the Teamsters. Teamsters has a hundred year history of representing members to improve wages, hours, and working conditions, no other union can say that.

11-22-2006, 02:39 PM
They also have a 100 year history of corruption, organized crime and labor racketeering. As a matter of fact the US Dept. Of Labor, Office of Labor Racketeering and Fraud was established to combat the "Teamsters". Yea, a great union for law enforcement.

11-22-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah but they get the job done.. dont forget the teamsters are the single most powerfull union.. so quit *****in you leo fairy

11-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Don't Get Boned

You know it is amazing how uneducated people are. I realize that you only have to have a high school education or GED to be in law enforcement, but in my almost 19 years as a cop, I have learned alot. I hope you can learn that things are not what they were, in law enforcement or the Teamsters, I can find corruption in law enforcement now, but due to the Federal Government oversite, I would not be able to find it in the Teamsters. Grow up and get educated. Unlike the PBA, FOP, IUPA, I have 1.4 million members standing behind me, not to mention some really deep pockets when I need to fight the City for what we deserve.

Now lets look at law enforcement, the job has an even longer and darker history of corruption. Did you forget about the New Orleans and Washington Metro officers indicted in mass over the recent past. Almost daily there is news of a bad cop somewhere.

So grow up. And yes Teamsters is a great union for law enforcement. Have you received over twenty thousand dollars in salary increases in the last six years? I HAVE!!!

11-23-2006, 04:05 AM
Nice try in your attempt to play the moral equvilency card about police corruption. As for your thinking the Teamsters are now as pure as the wind driven snow, think again.....

TEAMSTERS (IBT)

[Chicago Tribune, 1/2/05]

Feds Acting on Report of Teamster Corruption in Chicago

The FBI is investigating whether hundreds of thousands of dollars were siphoned from a Teamsters benefit plan that provides dental care to Chicago-area undertakers and valets, report Todd Lightly and Stephen Franklin of the Chicago Tribune. The criminal investigation is the first indication that law enforcement authorities are acting on an internal Teamsters union report alleging that money may have been diverted from Local 727's dental plan from 1993 to early 2000. The 303-page report was prepared by investigators under the supervision of former internal ethics watchdog Edwin Stier, who resigned last April charging that Teamsters officials in Washington, DC, were stifling his investigation.

The investigators charged that 30 percent of all the money companies paid to provide dental and vision care for their unionized workers actually went for "grossly excessive" administrative costs and fees. The report also raised concerns about payments from the plan to "persons and entities...having had ties to organized crime figures, been implicated in racketeering schemes or both." If true, rank-and-file Teamsters probably received less in hourly wages because employers unknowingly overfunded a dental plan so that money could be diverted into the pockets of others, according to investigators who worked on the Teamsters report.
Local 727 boss John Coli is the 2nd-highest paid Teamster in the nation.

Stier's investigators began their examination of Local 727's benefits plan after a former union employee tipped them off to a possible kickback scheme involving dental and vision care set up for Teamsters. From 1995 into early 2000, Florida-based Dental Consultants and Management held the contract for Local 727's dental plan and received more than $4 million, according to the report. Each month, Dental Consultants distributed checks to the dentists who provided care to Teamsters. But Dental Consultants retained nearly 30 percent of the plan's revenue from employer contributions simply for administering the plan, according to the report. "A 30 percent retention rate ... is excessive by any standard and would be especially so given the little that was required to administer the plan," according to the report.

In addition, money that should have gone to dentists was allegedly diverted to others, according to the report. Dentist Marshall Olech, former co-owner of Midwest Illinois Dental Associates, said he has done dental work for other unions and they have routinely provided him with a list of eligible members--but not Local 727. Olech said he and the other dentists met resistance from Local 727 officials when they asked for a list of members. Olech said dentists had to either call Local 727's offices or fax to union officials the names of patients seeking care.