PDA

View Full Version : HEY NJSHORE

11-20-2006, 01:07 AM
You down here yet?

11-20-2006, 06:58 AM
negative, the first full week of december, well monday, and then hopefully i pass the interview and go through the rest of the week, if not then i guess its a week of sitting on the beach. I Have an interview with Wackenhut too, i work for them up here, so when i move down there in january if i am not hired anywhere i will work for them until i am.

11-20-2006, 07:18 AM
YOU MAY NEED THAT JOB WAITING FOR THE NEXT CLASS AT THE ACADEMY, THE NEXT ONE COMING UP IS JAN 8 AND I DONT THINK THEY CAN TEST YOU AND PROCESS YOUR BACKGROUND THAT FAST.
Sorry for the caps just looked up

11-20-2006, 02:15 PM
It does not matter when an academy starts. If they decide to hire you, you will be hired. You will then be assigned to Training until the academy start date. Many new-hires go through this and you will be allowed to ride-a-long with different units to get a feel of the agency while you are waiting. Training also has work for you to do on a daily basis to earn your salary but at least you are hired, receiving benefits and are a part of our family.

Good Luck!

11-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I wasnt aware of that, thats actually a great idea. I didnt no they had that type of training program. I sent in an intial app to Ft. Myers the same time i sent to collier and the recruiter there told me the same thing, you would work doing ride alongs or transfering cars around or bascialyl whatever they needed you to do so you can make money until you start. I didnt know collier did the same thing but thats great.

I belive there is an academy class in march though, because they have one class runing now that graduates in december and one also started Octoober 10th, so apaprently theres 2 at once.

But im not taking a job with anyone else, just goign to talk to them about it in case i do need a job for a while. Just got to keep the bases covered.

Thanks everyone!