PDA

View Full Version : red overheads?

11-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Was up with the new red LED light bars?

11-18-2006, 01:24 PM
This is a new high tech bar. when the vechicle is in drive the bar flashes red and blue. When the car is placed in park the bar flashes red in the day light, and blue at night. It is proven that red is more visable in the day light and blue more visable at night. Also there is a Blue LED in the dash of the car. As well as a lot of led strips in the back window.

11-18-2006, 04:01 PM
This is a new high tech bar. when the vechicle is in drive the bar flashes red and blue. When the car is placed in park the bar flashes red in the day light, and blue at night. It is proven that red is more visable in the day light and blue more visable at night. Also there is a Blue LED in the dash of the car. As well as a lot of led strips in the back window.

cool

11-20-2006, 04:58 AM

Your pay sucks but at least you got the best light bars in the business.

11-20-2006, 10:05 PM
No kidding!

11-22-2006, 11:25 PM

Your pay sucks but at least you got the best light bars in the business.

4 SURE

11-25-2006, 10:12 PM
I agree the New LED are Kick AS*. However the V-Bars that 90% of your vechicles have, are crap. Even at night they aren't visable till you get right on top of the Cruiser. THEY ARE NOT SAFE. WITH NO .223,TASERS AND LOW PAY, SHORT STAFFED WHERE ARE THEY SPENDING THE MONEY AT?

11-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I agree I work with a lot of Troopers in our county. Ya'll do have an awesome light bar, however, there isnt enough of yous and our Sheriffs if taking advantage of that!!!!! Yall do a hell of a good job and I enjoy working with yous. I'm part of the Traffic Unit myself for my agency and as much as I love traffic and would go to yous.. the pay along with the equipment you have is far below ours. But anytime yall need help, some of us are here for ya~~~~~

As for the money, I'm assuming all the law suits that are being filed for internal reasons according to our newspaper.. most of it seems BS, but you know how the judicial system runs

12-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Cool light bar, but the equipment in the car sucks. The light bar is a bit too bulky, I prefer Whelen's LED's way more. All in all, I love being a Deputy and would never cross to FHP. Read my post under "Fhp low down". I've met some real undesirable Troopers, but I have to say there are a lot of misfits in every agency. One of my best friends is a Trooper down here and we work traffic together and he comes out to assist when I do warrant sweeps. Leo's in FLA need to get over the I'm better than you are attitude and realize when the 10-24 hits the fan, we come running whether we're green, blue, or tan. To all LEO's keep up the good work.

12-17-2006, 07:37 AM
You know, you guys do have cool toys, but is that sh@# union EVER going to get you a decent raise?!?! You guys have a dangerous job, but no tasers, virtually no backup most of the time, and crappy pay. Most troopers I know just love the job (well, at least the older ones - they love the road). I had heard that y'all got passed over for raises because the governor didn't like your boss or your union. Is there any truth to that? I mean PBA can be a pain, but they do always get us a good raise and do have a lot of clout with the governor.

01-05-2008, 05:51 PM
WHO WHO WOH WOH WHO