PDA

View Full Version : very sad!

11-18-2006, 06:42 AM
http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_321155843.html

'Letter To Daddy' From Daughter Of Slain Deputy

(CBS4) FT. LAUDERDALE, FLA

In addition to his mother, slain BSO Deputy Brian Tephford is survived by his ex-wife, Stefanie; 4-year-old daughter, Alyssa and twin toddlers, Ashley and Zachary.

His 4-year old daughter wrote a letter to her father after learning he had been killed in the line of duty. She asked the BSO pastor to send the letter to her Daddy in heaven.

Sheriff Ken Jenne read that letter at the deputy’s memorial Friday afternoon.

Titled “My Daddy”.

“My Mommy told me a very bad man hurt my Daddy and now my Daddy is dead. I was very sad and I cried and cried and then I asked a lot of questions. I asked my Mommy how the bad man hurt Daddy. She said he shot him with a gun. I wanted to know why my Mommy couldn’t fix it since she was a nurse. I’m very angry at the bad man who hurt my Daddy because he hurt my Daddy really bad. I will never be happy with the bad man. After Mommy told me, I made Daddy pictures and cards. Mommy tied them to balloons and we went outside and let them go to heaven where my Daddy is. I said Daddy, I hope you like the cards and pictures, I miss you. Then I saw Daddy on TV and I was very proud. Grandma Gwen told me he was on TV because he was special and was a hero. My Daddy is in heaven because he’s a good man. My Aunt Jamie told me only good people can go to heaven and my Daddy can’t hurt anymore. I asked how she knew that and my Aunt Jamie said because there’s an angel at the gates of Heaven and he only lets good people in. I miss my Daddy very much and I will always remember him and love him.”

11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
That's very sad. :cry:

How sad for her that she will miss him so, especially being old enough to have really known him. How sad for the twins that they were too young to really know him and now they will never get that opportunity on this earth.

His family is in my thoughts and prayers in this terrible time of loss.