PDA

View Full Version : Are you hiring?

K9Iam
11-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Hello all,

I have family there was considering applying with OCSO and wanted to get some more information from the troops.
Currently, I have 8 years of experience in GA. In addition, I have already passed the Florida State exam.

1). Is the moral good?
2). How does the administration treat you?
3). Do you get to go to training?
4). How is the pay for the area?
5). How fast is the hiring process?

Any information that anybody could provide would be a big help.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Christopher Irwin

PS: Does Daniel Genrich still work there? He was in the same EOT class with me at Gulf Coast Community College. I would like to get in touch with him if it possible. Thanks

12-03-2006, 01:14 AM
We usually hire on a fairly regular basis - always have someone retiring! The morale situation depends on who you talk to and what their general attitude is. I think we have better morale than most departments in this area. We generally have better equipment, vehicles and the pay is nothing to be sneezed at. We are starting at about 31,000 since Oct 1st. The administration is not so bad; there is some interaction but for the most part the upper echelon leaves things to the line supervisors. Training is available at various locations depending on what subject is offered. Okaloosa Walton College offers a variety of topics and IPTM is available occasionally. As far as the hiring process, you can contact Mary Rominger, Human Resources, for that information. We do have about a 12 week FTO program but I don't believe there's an accelorated program for prior experience. Hope this helps!

K9Iam
12-08-2006, 08:27 PM
cntymnty,

Thanks for the reply. I turned in my app. so we will see how it goes.

Chris