PDA

View Full Version : Investigator Vacancies

11-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Why are your experienced investigators leaving for employment with other agencies?

11-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Why are your experienced investigators leaving for employment with other agencies?

Is anyone conducting exit interviews with these former employees or is this just another DEP directive that your management chooses to violate? If you violate a directive or general order they want to hang you. However, there is a double set of standards for the bureau chiefs and higher. They do not have to play by the rules!

11-16-2006, 10:50 PM
If BEI will not hire from within the department, then why would they give exit interviews?

Another fine example of doing what they want, and how they they want.

02-23-2007, 04:04 AM
If BEI will not hire from within the department, then why would they give exit interviews?

Another fine example of doing what they want, and how they they want.

:oops:

02-25-2007, 07:16 AM
I do not understand why you feel you need to take a cheap shot at BEI, maybe you just couldn't cut it in your interview so now you are bitter. Whatever the reason, we need to stick together as an agency more than ever now. I know in some districts the commanders are treating their officers like crap, and those commanders need to go. I understand, but beating up on BEI is not gonna make your life better. We put up with alot of inequities ourselves. How about the fact that most civilain employees are now on 4 -10 hour days while BEI still works 45 hours a week and is paid for 40. I think you would be a little warm under the collar if you knew you were losing approximaley 1,040 hours a year in pay because your commanders consider you as office workers and not "real" investigators. At least you all get the opportunity to use your sworn position, we get treated like civilians. I could go on and on, but rather, I will tell you this, it is not as rosy as you paint it to be on this side of the fence and that is why we have a high turn-over. We should stick together and work together towards a common goal, not take cheap shots.

02-26-2007, 01:36 AM
If you work 45 hours and get payed for 40 make some calls its not legal. but they also relize that investigaters really only work 4 or 5 hours a week doing logs and clearing cases on the computer. and the reason I take cheap shots is because its so easy. heck didnt someone from dep even say that you guys dont do enough to justify the expense.

02-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Actually, the comment about "no justification for expense" was directed at park patrol, but I love the park POLICE officers so I would never throw stones. They are good hard working officers who are grossly underpaid and treated like red headed step cheldren in the LE community. As for BEI we are not treated like red headed step children because nobody even knows we exist. Most of the BEI investigators are seasoned veterans with experience in homicide and robbery investigations. It is true that we are burdened with redundant inane paperwork for four or five hours per day, but that is not the end of the day. Many of the cases we work are investigations we have initiated through contact with LE agencies, code enforcement or our own proactive patrols. The comments made here are not unlike comments heard in other law enforcement agencies. There always seems to be a little animosity between patrol and investigations. Our commanders could learn from these comments by eliminating this wall they have built between investigations and patrol. Putting us all in one office per district, training together and allowing patrol to be more active in BEI investigations would help break down the barriers. The investigators and park police need to stick together, work together and most importantly communicate with each other if there is any hope of a united front.

02-26-2007, 01:18 PM
You, Mr. BEI Defender are full of bull. Most of you "special agents" have little or no experience in real investigations. The few, and I do mean few of you that do, don't whine and cry as you do. ALL of your supervisors, each and every one of them throughout the state, have NEVER been real investigators. That is the core of your bureaus problem. How can you direct any investigation when you have no experience. A large conglomeration of legends in your own minds.

If you need recognition and praise from others, you might be in the wrong business. Shut up and do your job. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. GROW UP.

02-26-2007, 03:29 PM
The problem is not with the investigators. The actual investigators and patrol get along just fine. Most of us are friends. It is the Lt.'s that are the problem.
I have been told numerous times that patrol has been requested by investigators to come out and help them, but have gotten told no by the Lt.

Just look at the hiring process. The Lt.'s, at least the one's that I have experienced, had rather spend more money and more time filling vacancies from outside the agency, than promotig from within.

If that is not a slap in the face, I do not know what is.

Look to the Lt.'s for the problems, not the investigators.

02-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Get some WD40 to that “rusted frame”

You are obviously a very misinformed person that apparently is jumping to conclusions because of what may be occurring at a particular district.
A previous poster attempted to give you accurate information and you repudiated his statement by telling him/her that he/she was “full of bull”
Perhaps the reason that you may not been able to get on with BEI is that you lack the analytical skills to extract facts from information presented to you.
Your time would be better spent by acquiring facts before you go off telling others that they are full of bull.

02-27-2007, 12:20 AM
THEY ARE TRAINING FOR FHP CSO POSITIONS

02-27-2007, 03:49 AM
You have got to be kidding me Rusty Bucket, you have the unmitigated gall to say I cry and whine because I respond in a manner to create unity? The only crying and whining being done and the only one who should go find new employment is you. It is self-righteous burnout's like yourself that create division and cause inter-agency conflict. I can tell you anytime you want to get together and compare resumes I will gladly put mine up to yours. Understand this, I enjoy my job and my Lt. is second to none. I do not have any problems with DEP (except some redundant paperwork); what I do have a problem with is a cancerous tumor like yourself that masticizes within an agency and then lays blame on everyone else for their own personal shortcomings.

02-27-2007, 06:02 AM
well said bei defend, this guy rusty is a clown. he thinks that by telling others to grow up it makes him superior. he is the kind of guy who makes all of DEP leos look bad. he needs to GROW Up and get alife.

03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Dearest BEI Depender, I mean Defender. Sorry I could not get back to you sooner, but I have to work. By your reply and the straw men Guest and Observer you logged on with to support your own position, you have proven my initial statement to be true and correct.

I could rip you a new one, but I'm not going to sink to your immature level. Thanks for the help and have a good one.

03-02-2007, 11:24 PM
I will also allow your juvenile comments about me supporting my own position to slide by because I am sure that it would be improbable if not impossible to believe that anyone out there would think that I was right and you were (dare I say it) wrong. So I too will allow this bantering to die a slow death.

06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Why are you fighting? And more importantly why would Park Police and Invironmental Investigation be in the same outfit? Do they have anything to do with each other? Tell me if I am wrong.. Park Police work in Parks, Invironmental Investigators do not work in parks..

06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
You are correct "Real Cop" it's like asking an FHP trooper to tell you about
an FDLE Agent. They have nothing to do with each other!!!

06-08-2007, 01:20 AM
The fact is, those lowly uniforms are showing the "special agents" up. How dare anyone suggest that the retirees in BEI not milk cases for months.//FPP makes more felony cases hands down. BEI has to be dragged, kicking and screaming to do any real work. We don't give a frig how you did it (nothing) in Coral Springs.

Merge the bureaus. Give the do-nothings some proper supervision. Make BEI put out a "sig report" every week so we can see what they are (or are not) doing....Stop making excuses about getting search warrants . Just do it.

Yep, I know...the uniforms just don't understand what the super sleuths do. The fact is, the best agents you have came from FPP - not some second rate municipal department. Why do you think they're begging for internal applicants? They've screwed over people for so long, they're no longer interested.

Why don't you pick up Cinco's pet so she can **** off on your side of the shop?

06-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Why do you care? Why are you comparing the two? They have nothing to do with each other. Park Police have its on investigators? Or maybe I am missing something. Are Invironmental Investigators, Park Police investigators?

06-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Why do you care? Why are you comparing the two? They have nothing to do with each other. Park Police have its on investigators? Or maybe I am missing something. Are Invironmental Investigators, Park Police investigators?

Please spell check "invironmental"...do you work here?

06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Sorry! No disrespect intended. No I do not work there.

06-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Just for the record I am a cop who works for one of them "second rate municipal departments" that "ngf" so poetically spoke of. I have worked with both Park Police and Environmental Investigations and found that they both work hard. I would suspect you have slugs in both agencies but the officers and investigators I have worked with are very good.

With all that in mind why would you compair the two. From everything I have observed they are two totally independant outfits with two different missions.

If it is your argument that Environmental Investigators are Park Police Investigators than I would summit that Park Police have failed to forward all those felony cases, that "ngf" refered to, to investigations as they do in all those "second rate municipal department" that "ngf" refered to.

By the way "ngf" my second rate municipal department pays me $26,000.00 more a year than your state job. Would you like an application?

06-11-2007, 04:21 PM
26k? Compaired to one of them departments? Independant? Summit your comments for spell checking. For 26k more a year, you would think you would have to know how to spell.

06-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Come on Park Patrol super cop, can't you answer the mans question??

06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Come on Park Patrol super cop, can't you answer the mans question??

If you guys write investigative reports like you write here, it's no wonder you don't get stuff filed. Investigations needs to be set up for intake both from DEP regulatory entities and the FPP. BEI has isolated itself with the regulators so that they can spend months on an "ongoing" investigation only to close it out as a "civil" matter. Yep, we would send you referrals if you didn't spend more time and energy coming up with reasons why you can't do them than getting on with it. The problem is, you are hyper - specialized. We have uniforms doing environmental crimes investigations while you people are chasing mulch dumpers and bloody mattresses.

Change the name. Be less specialized and turn more activity, instead of wasting time focusing solely on "environmental" misdemeanors that won't get the time of day from any state attorney in a high crime county, of which there are one or two in Florida.

06-12-2007, 12:29 AM
YOU MUST NOT HAVE A CLUE. YES THERE ARE SOME GUYS WHO ARE LAZY, BUT IF YOU YOU THINK THE AGENTS GET TO PI9CK THEIR CASES YOU REALLY DONT HAVE A CLUE.

BY THE WAY I AM PATROL AND WE HAVE JUST AS MANY LAZY OFFICERS IF NOT MORE THAN BEI. JUST LOOK AROUND NEXT TIME YOU GO TO INSERVICE TRAINING

06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
The question is:
Are Environmental Investigators Park Police Investigators?

If they are why are you (Park Police) working all the felonies and not forwarding them to your investigators?

If they are not Park Police Investigators then I would submit you have no idea what you are talking about.

06-14-2007, 01:28 PM
The question is:
Are Environmental Investigators Park Police Investigators?

If they are why are you (Park Police) working all the felonies and not forwarding them to your investigators?

If they are not Park Police Investigators then I would submit you have no idea what you are talking about.

What is your point? I really can't understand what you are trying to say.... your comments are somewhat less than articulate.

06-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Go back to the top of the page and read all.
I am hoping that someone in Park Polce will give me an answer to the questions. How hard is this!!

The answers to the questions will help those of use who are on the outside of DEP understand what all the Park Police Bit_hing is about.

Or is it all just noise?

It would appear some of you are experts at beating around the bush!!

06-14-2007, 07:11 PM
They are not going to answer your question......why you ask....first BEI or Environmental Investigations are not Park Patrol investigators as you most likely know by now they have total different missions. Park Police turns all cases that need an investigator over to the Sheriffs Office. They have become confused because the FORMER director liked to put BEI in park patrol uniforms during hurricanes. Yes, this was a bad idea. You would never see FDLE agents in Capitol Police uniforms. I could tell you some real horror stories from resent hurricanes. You did not wont to be a BEI agent working under a Park Patrol LT or a PPO working under a BEI LT. Not that one is better than the other, they have different jobs. As a former Park Police officer it is a big leap from parol to investigations. Now for the good news, the FORMER director is GONE thank god!! I think the one thing we can all agree on is the hope for a better DEP. Time will tell..

By the way 99.9% of the rank and file in both division get along just fine!!

06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
THANKS NKOB

06-16-2007, 12:42 PM
I would agree BEI should not be wearing our uniform. They are not Park Police Officers and should not be in our uniforms! They are not trained to do the job and I do not have time to train them during a hurricane. Hell they aren’t allowed to write traffic tickets.

Also, during hurricanes and such, we should not be forced to wear these hot @#$#@ uniforms. Maybe they should take some of them big wigs in Tallahassee and force them to stand at an intersection for 12 hours in a disaster area while wearing these uniforms when it is 100+ degrees outside.

06-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Pay attention and stay informed. The new administration has already ordered T-shirts with DEP - POLICE on them and the badge for deployment situations.

06-22-2007, 01:02 AM
You boys need to learn to play nice and get along. The truth of the matter is that both bureaus have their own jobs to do and the agency as a whole has been subjected to some questionable leadership and management practices.
There is a new dawn and this is the time to address the real issues and leave personal bias at home.
If you want to complaint about something, complaint about the pay, the inconsistancy in management, the lack of communication, the unnecessary paperwork and the disparity between the ranks where only the officers and the agents are held to a standard while others can't do no wrong.
This has NOT been a paid political announcement.

06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
If any of the good supervisors are looking at this, I have a request. As we all know both Park Police and BEI have bad supervisors that on top of the micro-management, and the fact they are so busy keeping up a hostile work environment, they fail or refuse to pass along information to the officers and agents. Some of the comments we get are “If you need to no, I will tell you” “Stay in your own lane”. Maybe one of the good supervisors could post information we and our families need to know. Any chance? :?

06-24-2007, 02:07 AM
It's worse than I thought...357 can you please step in?

06-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I think that is a good idea. We need to get the information from someplace. All we have are rumors something more accurate would be a lot better. I have every confidence in the new director and look forward to working with him, BUT the old supervisors put in place by the old administration are still causing problems.