PDA

View Full Version : Please spit it out in under 2 minutes

11-15-2006, 11:33 PM
I just have to say how unsafe it is to have a stuttering officer (we all know who) working on dayshift...If you are not going to try to correct your handicap, at least do us a favor and transfer to mids...

11-16-2006, 01:25 AM
I'll almost guarantee that you make enough officer safety errors through the course of a shift to be more concerned about. In my opinion the only safety at risk is his own. Do you have the balls to talk to him about this? No, because you're a coward.

11-16-2006, 01:37 AM
I just have to say how unsafe it is to have a stuttering officer (we all know who) working on dayshift...If you are not going to try to correct your handicap, at least do us a favor and transfer to mids...

Could you be a bigger jagoff? :x

11-16-2006, 03:07 AM
All I have to say is BPD=Lower standards.

11-16-2006, 04:47 PM
This guy is a good cop and works hard with us to overcome his speech and I have never had a problem working with him.
He works harder than a lot of guys out here.
Shame on you for trying to put this guy down.

11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't say that he works harder then most of "us" out here. In fact, I think he's kinda lazy. I will say that his speech impediment is a non issue.

11-16-2006, 10:54 PM

I hope none of your kids have disabilities.............

11-17-2006, 12:04 AM
He cannot help it. And to put him on a mid shift because of it is descrimination. He is a very good officer, and knows his stuff. Yeah it takes him a little while to getout what he has to say, but so what? He is a good guy. We have a traffic unit that has a stuttering problem also, should he be taken off of the unit becuase of it??? NO

11-17-2006, 02:09 AM

since your are so quick to judge, why dont you post your name so others can judge you???? my guess is that your no super cop. If you were you would post your name

11-17-2006, 02:58 AM
The real officer safety issue on day shift is dispatching. :shock: K.M. is a tragedy waiting to happen. An officer shouldn't have to say 10-50 two or three times prior to getting a response. Then when she finally does answer she's hard of hearing...

Pac Man: 123 Mary Adam George. 123 MAG

K.M.: was that 123 N A G?

I think that admin should take the big screen out of dispatch, it's only a distraction. One that will cost an officer is life or career. Stay safe.

11-17-2006, 12:53 PM
You sir should probably hear the play back of yourself when you call out a 10-50. Is there a reason why you need to mumble, talk as fast as possible, and say it only once, speak as quietly as possible? Your right it is your safety, and you need to be aware that you are ONE of possibly 20 plus other Needy officers! When someone tells you to 10-9, you have low monulation, that is a clue that you are not coming over the radio very loud, so speak up so someone can hear you. Speak clearly and into the radio when you talk! And FYI, the wide screen is not on most of the time and when it is the sound is off. Kay actually doesn't like it on.

11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Glad you mentioned this. Several times I have asked dispatch to save my transmissions and they went back to listen them. Yes, sometimes I do speak to fast. I have you ever had a car trying to elude you? Driving at a decent speed taking sharp turns? Meanwhile the officer is trying to call out the location and the tag. I'm also looking to see if the occupants throw anything out the window.

Even if I did mumble, talk fast, whisper and say everything once, why do other officers hear everything, yet dispatch can not? Why is it that officers can ask for a 29P several times and not have a response from dispatch? Then another officer asks the first officer to go to 42 and then runs through their MDT.

That's right, K.M. doesn't like the t.v. She prefers to read while working. You can not argue this because I've seen it with my own eyes. How about the dispatchers that tell an officer to "stand by 9-1-1" when they are actually on the cell phone? I've seen this too. Don't make excuses for your incompentence..if you can't hear then turn up your radio.

11-17-2006, 08:25 PM
It is so nice of you to throw your fellow officer and dispatch under the bus!
And what felony did that person commit that you were taking sharp turns and driving at a decent speed while this car was trying to elude you? Or maybe you weren’t “chasing.” Meanwhile speaking fast, mumbling, whispering, and only saying the tag once and oh yes, only the officers on the road heard it but not dispatch. Maybe you are the same one that butts in and wants a 29P when another officer calls 10-3 status on a hot call, like the bank robbery the other day.

If your worried about your safety speak into your radio, talk clearly, and call it out the way your suppose too. Twice. Like the rest of us do. Quite whining.

11-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Glad you mentioned this. Several times I have asked dispatch to save my transmissions and they went back to listen them. Yes, sometimes I do speak to fast. I have you ever had a car trying to elude you? Driving at a decent speed taking sharp turns? Meanwhile the officer is trying to call out the location and the tag. I'm also looking to see if the occupants throw anything out the window.

Even if I did mumble, talk fast, whisper and say everything once, why do other officers hear everything, yet dispatch can not? Why is it that officers can ask for a 29P several times and not have a response from dispatch? Then another officer asks the first officer to go to 42 and then runs through their MDT.

That's right, K.M. doesn't like the t.v. She prefers to read while working. You can not argue this because I've seen it with my own eyes. How about the dispatchers that tell an officer to "stand by 9-1-1" when they are actually on the cell phone? I've seen this too. Don't make excuses for your incompentence..if you can't hear then turn up your radio.

Ok do you want a cookie, for having to do more than one thing at once, when calling out a T50
When a Standby response is given.. when an officer is asking for something its usually because.. there's most likely at least 2 other things they are trying to do... YOUR NOT THE ONLY OFFICER OUT THERE, Wait if you listened to your RADIO, I dont know how many times, ive heard SPECIFICALLY ON DAYS, people just Officers just walking all over each other w/ Radio Traffic, BECAUSE THEY DONT LISTEN TO THIER RADIO...

Its not just you out there, Try Afternoons... Reg Squad, Narc, and SCU... One person handling all that... I invite you to stop by, ANY SHIFT.. when its Busy... Just because your busy doesnt mean dispatch isnt handling something from another officer, admin, detectives, Narc, SCU...

If your radio sucks, Im gonna T9 you, if your talking low im gonna T9 you, its not done out of fun... or because the dispatcher isnt listening, i think we all know T50's are serious matters.. or Any Call for that matter...

Sure there are bad apples in every dept, including communications, but i think your lack of respect is your ignorance..

11-17-2006, 08:47 PM

How many Officers are BPD, and about what.... 95 percent of them call out T50's fine, call things out twice.....speak fine into the radio, can hear about 95 % of them fine...and have no problem, understanding sometimes Dispatch gets busy, so we have to say Standby...

Then theres that 5 %

11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
.... haven't heard the "stand by 9-1-1" in about a year, I think she went to MSO didn't she? Don't believe that problem exists anymore.

11-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Have some of you whiners stopped to consider that we have multiple styles of radios? And that our communication system is not exactly the best? I know that some times I can hear an Officer call out with t43 but my car radio only transmitts about half yet dispatch heard the entire transmission. It is greatly effected by location also. While I have been T9'd my fare share of times, I think dispatch is doing the best with what they have. Be patient and remember that you are not the only one in the city at that particular moment thats needs dispatch to do something :)

11-18-2006, 04:04 AM
It seems that my observation of one person has been generalized and either misunderstood or poorly communicated.

These incidents take place on weekends. There is no admin, no detectives, no narc's, no scu...only patrol. I fully understand that our communication system is not the best. I also understand that I'm not the only officer that is working. I'm not concerned about being T-9'd or even T23'd. I'm specifically speaking of not being responded to at all. When an officer has to call out say 10-50 several times and there is dead silence on dispatches part, then I'm concerned. And this happens several times when K.M. is working. Every shift that I come in and hear K.B. or P.S. I thank God for sending that tiny little gift. For the most part dispatch

Player, if you where dispatched to a violent 38 and your had to go hands on with the suspect. He resisits and now you are fighting to apprehend him. While you are doing this your 94 is sitting in his squad car reading a book. You call for help and he stops to mark his place. If you confronted him, would this be whining? No, it's simply pointing out an officer safety issue. 8)

11-18-2006, 04:08 AM
Oh, and the "stand by 9-1-1" happens on a daily basis. Also, pertaining to those "busy" afternoons when everyone is working. I've stop by and visited several times during busy shifts. I bet it'd be a lot less busier if they turned off the Gators game and stopped text messaging their friends and other officers.

But, I will say that F.C. and A.Z. are the best (all around) dispatchers we have.

11-18-2006, 07:06 AM
You will never be able to rid of officer safety issues with all the unknowns in the job: unknown if that 13p has a knife in his pocket, unknown if that 57 dealer is going to turn around and 33 you etc etc...But I do understand that some issues need to be addressed...and one, my dear friend, is that if you have time to notice all the said activity going on during a busy shift, why are you simply just sitting on yours while others are busting thiers? Interesting :idea: ....i forgot that hypocrites make up the majority of our population...But there is this magical term called multitasking...and i think to be in the settings we get forced into in this job, you HAVE GOT to master the multitasking skill...if you dont, then quite frankly screwed are you... And to comment this threads original post, whats the difference between that and a t1 radio or loud 76 in the background?...to post that on here was completely vindictive (ill pause while you look this word up) of you and i am certain you wouldn't want people posting on a public site about things you can't control (and yes i know he has an earpiece, but im hoping you see my point)... maybe next week someone may feel like stabbing you in the back and telling the whole law enforcement community that you have ED, how do you think you would feel after that? how do you think your ego is going to bounce back after knowing everyone is for the present moment smiling to your face and the next snickering jokes behind your back?...and to every story there is a moral:::to pick on another only shows you are trying to cover for your greater insecurities...

11-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Pac Man, if things are so bad have you considered writing a memo? Probably not. If you want a problem fixed you have to get involved. That's one of the major problems here, too many anonymous problem reporters and not enough problem solvers. You should know by now that admin will not address or fix a problem unless you put it in writing. And I'm not sure how you guys are doing it on the road now, but I don't wait to be dispatched as T94 to a hot call....if your zone partners are waiting until they are dispatched to back you up then you should have issues with them.

11-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.

11-18-2006, 06:07 PM
If you confronted him, would this be whining? No, it's simply pointing out an officer safety issue. 8)

And have you been the rightous person and brought this issue up to KM or admin? Or just "visiting" during the "busy" time and being part of the problem? Then turn around and complain about it and those dispatchers on that shift too.

For someone to devote and work at this agency for over 25 years you have a lot of nerve to throw stones at her. I'm sure she has saved many officers butts over that 25 years. Maybe we should pick your work habits apart on a public forum too.

11-18-2006, 07:28 PM
KM would the first one to help you during a hard time and has a sweet heart, but the problem is solved because she is going to Records, so move on about her and wish her luck!

11-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Is Kay that Broke that she cant yet retire?? Geez let's get a collection going before its time for a nursing home for her.

11-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Is Kay that Broke that she cant yet retire?? Geez let's get a collection going before its time for a nursing home for her.

Your pathetic!

11-19-2006, 03:58 PM

This is getting pretty pathetic...if you have that big of a problem with this, grow some balls and talk to someone that can do something about it...not on a bi*ch board...there is just to much animosity between everyone on here and nothing is going to get done about anything unless you take that feeling and back up your actions and get some results!