PDA

View Full Version : How Many Apply, and How Often

11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Just wondering how often to they run the application process and on average how many apply and are interviewed, does anyone know? I put in an application, took the test over the internet the next week, and was contacted the next day to come down a month later for a week of processing.

My questions is do they only run this one week a month, and how many do they put through, like whats the odds. Thanks!

11-13-2006, 08:13 PM
also, how many people are you short, like how many people do they hire, and how many do they usually sponsor through the road deputy academy on average. thanks!

11-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Tough questions. Call HR and they will give you the official number and answers to your question.

I am only guessing but I think they try to run groups of 10 or more through the procees.

As for being short, patrol division is probably near 80+ now. This includes investigators and specialty positions. No one can transfer off the road until their is a road replacement. This ensures that the road units are as staffed as best they can. Unlike other agencies, CCSO does try to staff the road over detective, SWAT, Traffic etc...

11-14-2006, 12:46 AM
so you need at least 80 or more people? That is alot! So pretty much, if 10 people come off of fto and are on their own, 10 people are being transfered to detective or specialty position? wow.

11-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Yes, you are correct. Plus many are being promoted to SGT road positions. It may sound like a lot but ALL agencies are short!! Some for pay or benefits reasons. Some for moral or equipment reasons. Some due to the high crime area and increased hazards / paper calls / and the BS associated with working in a dump.

BUT, here in Collier, are problems are due to the high cost of housing...but it is getting better. Pay raises and the market easing a bit is creating a little hope :)

11-14-2006, 01:48 AM
so you need at least 80 or more people? That is alot! So pretty much, if 10 people come off of fto and are on their own, 10 people are being transfered to detective or specialty position? wow.

Applicant, it may seem like a lot of officers are needed by the 80+ numbers, but this is a very big agency. So as long as you never waiver from the truth you should be fine. Good Luck

11-14-2006, 02:00 AM
i honestly have nothing to hide, and nothing to lie about. all of the questions that are normally asked during an interview i have great answers for, im jsut worried about getting nervous and tensing up because i have never been on this type of interview where your being interviewed by a group of people.

11-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Yes, you are correct. Plus many are being promoted to SGT road positions. It may sound like a lot but ALL agencies are short!! Some for pay or benefits reasons. Some for moral or equipment reasons. Some due to the high crime area and increased hazards / paper calls / and the BS associated with working in a dump.

BUT, here in Collier, are problems are due to the high cost of housing...but it is getting better. Pay raises and the market easing a bit is creating a little hope :)

Funny I Work for an agency that is a high crime area and we are well paid. The only turn over we have is retirement and we have over 1,000 sworn. Last year we only hired 24 Officers because we were at full staffing. High crime area isnt always a bad thing in fact its one of the funest places in law enforement. But it sounds like gator wrestling in Collier is good too...

11-24-2006, 07:30 AM
i honestly have nothing to hide, and nothing to lie about. all of the questions that are normally asked during an interview i have great answers for, im jsut worried about getting nervous and tensing up because i have never been on this type of interview where your being interviewed by a group of people.

This sounds like something a serial killer would say...... :twisted: :evil: