PDA

View Full Version : Take Home Vehicle Policy

11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
What is the take home vehicle policy for collier? I heard you get a take home car right after FTO. Im guessing of course its not going to be the nicest car since your new obvisouly. What do you do if you live out of county, do you have to leave your vehicle at the substation your assigned to, or somewhere near the county line? Also, some other counties allow you to take it to the ajoining county, or a certain mileage from the county line, and from what i heard some even allow you to take it home out of county but your deducted 40 cents per mile from your check. What is your policy, and if you do not allow your car to go out of county, do you think it will happen in the future?

11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Just to answer your questions. You will be given a car after completion of FTO, however, you cannot take the vehicle outside county lines. This policy is in effect, so that the tax payers of our county only see the cars stay in the county. As for the other response, the car will be very nice and not a junker as you seem to think. The third question....there is no way in hell take home cars out of county will happen.

11-14-2006, 12:49 AM
The last poster is correct. I just want to add that all road deputies are issued either a new car or one that is not more than three years old and less than 75,000 miles. There are some exceptions but the majority is like I stated. The older cars are given to non-road positions such as Youth Relations, Bailiffs, Aviation etc...

The new vehicles are equipped with an In-Car camera system, wireless lap top computers, automatic ticket writer, LED light bars and much, much more.

11-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Even just having a take home car that can stay at the county line is a huge plus in my opinion. Even if it stayed at your assigned station its got to be nice to have your own car and not have to share, or remove your personal stuff at the end of every shift. In my state, unless you are the chief or the detective on call, it is unheard of to have a take home car, so even if had to leave it at the county line thats still saving miles, i wouldnt complain! im surprised everyone gets a new car, usually the rookies get the 8 year old clunker.

11-14-2006, 01:17 AM
At CCSO, it is not about being a rookie. It is about being a team that is well trained, well equipped and well prepared. The Sheriff is a firm believer that if you have all the best to do your job you will do the best job!

This really is one of the best law enforcement agencies in the country to work for 8)

11-14-2006, 01:43 AM
At CCSO, it is not about being a rookie. It is about being a team that is well trained, well equipped and well prepared. The Sheriff is a firm believer that if you have all the best to do your job you will do the best job!

This really is one of the best law enforcement agencies in the country to work for 8)

Excellent point curious. I was becoming unmotivated by the general morale of the agency in light of this years events. Have you visited the rest of these agencies in here? We really do have it good.

11-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Yes I do. Anytime I begin to feel comfortable I look through the site and am thankful that I had the guts to make the move.

Not to jump the gun, I hear that there will be some new PRB investigations closed that may let some deputies go for inappropriate behavior but hey, it happens everywhere and at least we have the balls to police our own.

It's not hard to succeed here so the way I look at it is if your that stupid to think you are above it all then you are not good enough to serve with me. Not that I am any better than anyone else but I do work hard at resisting stupid temptations. It is one thing to embarrass myself, it is another to embarrass my peers. It's all about the trust!

11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
if you were fired from another agency, would that disqualify you from the process? The firing, whom all thought was unjustified, was a chief that likes to spread his powerfl wings. If given a chance to explain, I think most would understand.

11-14-2006, 06:25 PM
well it would really depend on the reason, but the thinking is with all the people that apply that were never fired from another agency, why would they chance someone that was fired over all of them.