PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding the FDLE Website

11-12-2006, 04:04 PM
I've noted the FDLE Website containing information on sexual predators and sex offenders does not distinguish between the two classifications under the title page of the site, specifically, all are seemingly lumped into one group as viewed and percieved by the general-public-at-large. A reasonable person viewing the FDLE website (without knowledge of the laws of our State) could innocently conclude all subjects listed are pedophiles, when in fact there exists a myriad of statute violations with varying levels and degrees of seriousness relative to offenses which do not rise to pedophilia. My three (3) questions are as follows (if anyone reading this inquiry is in a position of authority with the ability to honestly answer such questions).

1. Does the FDLE lump the subjects all together for the purpose of increasing budgetary resources each year (inflation of statistics to justify departmental increases in budget line items)?

2. Are the subjects listed together for the purpose of giving or leading the public toward an impression our State is replete with pedophiles at every turn and therefore, the totality and stigmatizing characteristics of subjects who are all lumped-together in one comprehensive list absent accurate and factual violation subdivisions, geared to intentionally shift (through generating public fears and watchdog movements) the enforcement and oversight of offenders away from the authority of the FDLE?

3. In other words, is the site designed by the FDLE as described above in a calculated manner to force the public to be an extension of FDLE enforcement duties by, in part, placing psuedo-law enforcement duties onto the shoulders of the public who research the FDLE site to protect their loved ones?

11-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Do you realize the website you are on? It is named "LEOAFFAIRS.COM, the Voice of Law Enforcement Online." It is for cops and retired cops. The last thing we want to do after answering stupid citizen questions all day is to relax at home in front of our PC's and answer idiotic queries from someone who questions the department's policies or procedures. You want an answer to your question? Call 850-410-7000 and ask to speak to a policymaker or a public information officer.

Then go to some other blog like FARK.com and vent all you want.

11-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Dear LEO Isn't Astrological:

I never expected such a citizen unfriendly respose to my question regarding the FDLE Website. You who responded must hate your public position as evidenced by your mention of having to answer (what you term) stupid questions from the public all day long. Either you are not a FDLE employee (which is my hope), or you need to change careers if you are a FDLE employee. I do not believe your reponse is representative of the FDLE administration's stated Goals and Objectives, rather it is more indicative of a troubled person clearly exhibiting his or her inability to communicate in a civilized fashion.

Understanding the FDLE's ability to identify anyone posting a message or e-mail on or from any computer, I will forward your reply, along with my original question to the top of the FDLE chain-of-command and might I add, to our new Governor for the purpose of inquiring if in fact you are an FDLE employee who possesses the authority to respond on behalf of the FDLE in such an abrasive, dysfunctional manner.

Prepare yourself.

11-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't suppose the law abiding citizen realizes that law enforcement officers also have 1st Amendment Rights. Don't track LEO's IP address, track mine. I would love to get have my rights abridged under the color of law. That would be one sweet tort claim under Chapter 768.

LEO, speak your piece. That's what this site is for. Law abider, go threaten or bluff someone that won't laugh at you.

11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Law abiding citizen,
Not accustomed to being told to shut up? What are you going to do, revoke MY retirement benefits? Get off the site. Let people post what they want.

Retired under Gov. Chiles, so good luck with scaring me.

11-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Let's see, you hint that FDLE misrepresents stats for a budgetary advantage, you claim that FDLE lumps all offenders into one category as a scheme, and then you threaten an LEO who has an issue with you bashing the department with a "prepare yourself" remark? You may be able to get the clerks at Publix to quiver when you bark orders at them during your night management shift, or when the produce department gets short on squash, but let me inform you of something: as previous posters have pointed out, we have free speech rights. I am not an FDLE employee. In fact, I doubt any portion of your tax dollars ever migrates to support my unit. So complain to the Commissioner, the Governor, other members of the Cabinet, the Florida Legislature, all 67 sheriffs, all 20 State Attorneys, the 3 US Attorneys and anyone else you care to contact. But get off this site if you think it's OK to threaten LEO's here.

11-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Dear abiding citizen,
I don't work for FDLE, but as a veteran street cop for the past 25 years I'm proud to have worked with many of their agents and honored to call a few of them personal friends. So, let me enlighten you. Details concerning the varying levels and degrees of criminal offenses are available in the Florida State Statutes which are viewable on line for free. FDLE is a law enforcement agency, not an educational institution. It's not their job to offer on line legal classes. Most cops (and that includes FDLE agents) don't see the fine lines of distinction you imagine between pedophiles and other criminal sexual offenders. As far as most of us are concerned, they should all be swinging at the end of a short rope tied to a tall tree. FDLE's web site and policies aren't controlled by the field agents who post on this site. If you've got complaints about the site or the agency's policies, you should have called the bosses in Tallahassee. The fact of the matter is that citizens DO have a "pseudo-law enforcement duty" to participate in fighting crime by informing law enforcement agencies about criminal activity when they become aware of it. As for the "unfriendly response" you received here, if you had any clue as to how much ignorance and foolishness the average cop puts up with from self professing law abiding citizens on a daily basis, you might be a little more understanding. So, if it makes you feel better, forward what you will to the FDLE chain of command and the new Governor. But remember this. If you or one of your loved ones is ever murdered, raped, robbed or otherwise victimized by some miscreant who should have been rendered into fertilizer long ago, it won't be FDLE's chain of command or the new Governor who stays up all night making himself sick and neglecting his own family to solve the crime and bring the criminal to justice. It will be some dedicated and yes, probably a little troubled, mildly abrasive and slightly dysfunctional FDLE agent or other law enforcement officer who has spent the best years of his life in service to an ungrateful and undeserving public.

11-18-2006, 04:27 AM
Dear Mr. Law Abiding Citizen,

Because you obviously lack sufficient knowledge about the FDLE or Government regulation over Freedom of Speech I will help you.

The FDLE or any other law enforcement agency WILL NOT pursue the identity of anyone who writes comments in a forum set up like this for the reasons you desire for a multitude of legal reasons that prevent them from doing so and that of course going on the assumption that they actually desired to. These are the very same protections that keep Big Brother out of your life if someone didn't like what you said.

You method of implied intimidation against a perceived FDLE Agent is ridiculous and certainly not the right way to attempt to receive valid conversation on this site. You really have a lot to learn about the cop mindset. I will only assume then that you are more ignorant than an idiot and leave it at that.

If you absolutely feel that an individuals rights can be violated because of your perception that they were rude to you then I think by all means you should report this to the highest authority. Call 1-800-342-0820 and ask for Executive Investigations or even Commissioner Bailey and demand they investigate. While you are at it...tell them a actual agent told you to take a flying leap and stop attempting to intimidate a fellow human being with threats that most of us don't even take seriously from people that count.

I only wish you were right. Then I wouldn't have to hang around for DROP after I owned you and the Department.

Have a nice day.

Unintimidated Special Agent
:cop:

11-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for your comments and yes, your modest and severe criticisms as well. I've noted the general expressions of defensiveness toward my somewhat unpalatble question which admittedly seemed to be postured in an accusatory manner. But truth be told, the FDLE website is as it is (without challenge), hence my question still stands as asked. As of this date, 11/20/06, not a one of you who so eagerly reponded in defense of law enforcement, managed to provide the simplest of explanations as to why the FDLE site lumps all of the subjects together, irrespective of violation degree and under one umbrella heading as if (in my view) the FDLE intended to convince the viewing public all subjects listed were or are pedophiles. The public views the site as such and therefore I'm still wondering why there is not a division for offenders versus predators.

I guess I'll just have to conclude (absent a simple response) my initial characterization and reasoning as to why the site is as it is, is dead-on accurate, that is unless someone with any authority can provide an answer, absent further criticism. Keep up the good work you all do keeping us safe.

06-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Dear Law Abiding Citizen,
Here's the info for contacting the people who should be able to answer your questions. A general "cop" forum (as you've probably noticed) is not the best place to get answers. Usually, the best place is to go to the source. Good luck with your research...

FDLE Sex Pred Unit
Contact Us
PHONE NUMBERS:
Toll-free: 1-888-357-7332 (M-F 8am-6:30pm, EST)
Local: (850) 410-8572

E-MAIL ADDRESS:
sexpred@fdle.state.fl.us

MAILING ADDRESS:
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
Sexual Offender & Predator Unit
Post Office Box 1489
Tallahassee, Fl. 32302-1489

04-14-2013, 04:45 AM
I will probably be murdered but the truth must be told.
Ive been stalked for 9 yrs by and ex city official.
Police changed name on police reports, couldnt tell if contact was made with the caller of a 911 call (me).responding officer refused to take a report and told me it will scew up his career and lefy out door and followed him in his car.
I drove to walgreens 20 min later and demanded an officer take a report on 911 call. They sent same officer out and o felt in fear by how he was treating me. This was after being stalked rentlessly for over 30 days.
After so many police reports and nothing done by them. I refuse to let this criminal get away with this. I have two gorgeous smart daughters and want to see them grow up, so am at odds on pursuing this because ploice connections and cape coral corruptions will silence me.

I still have some fight left in me with the depression, attacks.Hiding employment so he cannot find me.Until your stalked you do not know what it is like.
I cannot rid this person from my life.
His last words were when my x dumps me he will be waiting.
Isnt that lying in wait?
Got fdle involved and demanded justice.
Went to ccpd and had a 2 hr talk with major crimes and fdle was there and major crimes acted like it would take 12 hrs taped testimony.
He chuckled when he said they had thrown out phone records, and he couldnt believe he marroed my sister whe i Threatned to go to fbi.
During interview fdle got mad at me because I was stern with det barnes. I didnt care I have lived in hell for 9 yrs because the first responder police officer on a 911 call refused to take a police report because I would screw up this guys career. This was afyer endurong a month of constsnt stalking and me hiding in my closet calling 911 with him beating on my door.the city wants me to go away so they will
He is.......by the negliance of the city of cape coral

He was able to go beyond anyones relm to contin

ue his crime.
Three yrs ago he found out I had a sister I was not close to.
He started an online relationship with her to gather what info he didnt have about me. After threatning him with fbi he married my sister so she couldnt testify against him.Got fdle involved and had to beg the special duty agent to help me.i have 9 yrs worth of evidence.
Years ago was a top loss prevention supervisor

04-15-2013, 11:55 PM
I heard rumors that inflating the numbers helps get extra raises from the legislators.