PDA

View Full Version : weak ppo's

11-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Brothers, it has recently come to my attention that a certain female PPO (last name starts with a T), has a bad habit of diarrhea of the mouth.

Be advised that she has had a problem with everyone in her class and her T.A.

This would not happen with LAT as a TA; he would either run it or push it out of them.

Unfortunately, for us this will not be that last, due to the continued lowering of standards in the hiring process. It seems that having a weak character is a prerequisite for new hires.

Prepare brothers for future incidents with 9mm tazers. :shock:

11-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks, take care of each other out there. We will be getting more of the good with the bad in the waves of PPO's needed. Trauma teaches.

““A warrior takes responsibility for his acts, for the most trivial of acts. An average man acts out his thoughts, and never takes responsibility for what he does.””

11-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Hold your tongue, Not all ppo's or "New Jacks" have low standards. In this case, "One bad apple does not spoil the bunch." Alot of the rookies are proud of their police dept. and proud of the fact that we are learning from good senior officers.

If your statement were true, than The faults and or lack of pride from one or two vets, would make all the vets look like crap.... So do your self and the dept a favor "Think about what you say or type before you say it or type it...

SPARTAN ARMY
"Our army is large and our arrows will cover the son"

REPONSE
"Then we shall Fight in the shade" :wink:

11-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I believe PSCOM that you were attempting to quote as follows:

"Although extraordinary valor was displayed by the entire corps of Spartans and Thespians, yet bravest of all was declared the Spartan Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of the battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fired their volleys, the mass of arrows blocked the sun. Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good then we will have our battle in the shade.”

If you are to honor a man by quoting him, make sure the essence and the true message is contained. If not, you end up dishonoring him and his memory.

“O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi”

“Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.”

From the Monument to the fallen 300 Spartans at Thermopylae.

Words to remember:

A warrior carries helmet and breastplate for self preservation, but the shield for the preservation of the whole line.

11-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Guest I hope that you work for HPD, because your words are those of Honor, Duty, and Loyalty. It would be an Honor to hold a shield to protect a brother like you, at whatever cost the Lord asks.

As far as the new PPO's, remember make them comform to our standards or have them leave. People of weak character will conform, because it is in their nature. They do it not out of discipline like a soldier, but out of fear.

It all starts with us. From the minor details of how we polish our boots, and wear our uniform. Discipline is something one has or has not there is no middle ground.

As far as Quotes this is not an excact quote but I hope I will capture the meaning behind it

If our soldiers do not dress like soldiers, If our soldiers do not eat like soldiers, if our soldiers do not walk like soldiers, then we should we expect them to fight as soldiers?

General Patton

11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
To Bushido:

Thanks for the accolades; my shield is ever at the ready to protect an honorable brother. The essence of a great leader starts by recognizing the virtues in other men.

Although, it is believed that Honor, Perseverance, and Discipline do not exist within our department. It does exist among the men and women who make up the department, and that is the truth.

As to the weak PPOs, true not all are bad, but prove their metal they must, like all of us did. Honor and Strong moral fiber is not taught in academies, they are bred among their peers, through fire and blood. Blood may be a poor mortar, but it is a hell of bonding agent among men of honor.

Be safe and watch your 6.

11-10-2006, 12:31 AM
TO: Guest at hpd & Bushito

I Thank you for your words of wisdom. Even though your identities are not known, it gives me great satisfaction to work along side such proud and insightful warriors.

As for the quote, I meant no dishonor and, your insight has taught me a lesson that I will forever honor....

Be safe,

11-12-2006, 04:09 PM
BSO deputy Brian Tephford, 34, was shot last night in the line of duty while on a traffic stop. His back-up happens to be related to one of the recruits that graduated several months ago fom bcc. Somehow reality sinks in when one of our brothers or sisters in blue or green pays the ultimate price. It's sad to see that some of you have the time to worry about what ppos are saying instead of doing something about it. If any of you want to know what really happened call me, I welcome it, and I'll tell you what really happened instead of listening to unfounded gossip. Meanwhile, deputy Tephford leaves behind a set of twins and a 4-year-old daughter. It's a shame that we don't have a character test because many of our officers would never have been hired.

Patty

11-12-2006, 08:21 PM
It must be nice to take cheap shots at the current TA. implying that Lat's trainee's were all squared away because of push ups & the running they did. Don't fool yourself. The only thing that get's accomplished is that the screw up is in great shape. I'm going on 9 years with the city & have seen Hard Core TA's from both colleges handle there business & still get bad apples. Who's fault is it then? Would you like to blame the Dept. for hiring them, or for making FTO's with 1 1/2 years of experience. What about senior FTO's that dont want to handle calls. The blame list goes on & on. You can ***** & complain untill you pass out or you can try to do the right thing. I can only do my part, train PPO's to the best of my ability & try to guide the jr. officers the right way. Turning PPO's into good officer's is a team effort, from the day they were hired to every single officer they come in contact with. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution.

11-13-2006, 02:45 AM
KUDOS, Patty...As for Guest at HPD, if you have this "Character Test" call me and I can arrange to add it to the other exams we give applicants; better yet, I'll ask for your transfer to Personnel Selections so you can teach us how to administer this "TEST." As for the lowering of standards, read the hiring SOP's first then say we've lowered our standards. They are tougher now than they were 15 years ago. There is always room for improvement, and it is our duty to debate issues and seek change, when and where it is needed, but first we must be sure we are well informed.

The hiring process is not an exact science and we do the very best we can. However, we need everyone to be involved throught the process of turning applicants to trainees to PPO's to senior officers. I'm sure we can all remember a senior officer who taught us something, took us aside and offered a few words of encouragement or simply showed us a smarter way to accomplish some simple task...It's your time to be that senior officer; I know our officers and we have more than enough CHARACTER to step up.

Remember we are HPD Officers, we thrive at a good challenge.

Looking forward to your call 305-883-5993.

Sgt Ricano :wink:

11-17-2006, 02:02 AM
TA's have little to do with it, its our responsibility if any links in the chain are weak. All classes have churned out decent officers but they all have required time (some more than others). The great officers are known at the end of the race not at the begining. What is it with the lazy FTO's? What can an FTO with less that 2 years of experience pass on to new officers other than paperwork?

11-17-2006, 03:59 PM
In a perfect world our recruitment efforts will only hire excellent caliber Officers. The FTOs would do their best, and teach by example. The supervisors would properly supervise their rookie Officers. As we all know, this is not the case. So what can we do here at the HPD? This is what I recommend:

Let us not worry about the problems that are out of our hands.
Stop critizing everyone and their Momas.
Stop complaining about what so ans so is doing or is not doing.

Do your part, in whatever capacity you represent the HPD. If you are on Patrol, help out the rookies, teach them how to be a truly proactive Officer. Guide them, offer good advice, and be their friends.

I understand that for some of you, the need to point at others and especially "Rookies," helps you feel better for yourself. If you say that the Rookies are messed up, than what does that project about you, what...that you are better? That you have a sharp eye, and are a great cop? Find another way of feeling better, and do your part!

Once we get a lazy dumbass Rookie Officer, we know that it is very hard to get rid of them. Unfortuanetly, the red tape is in the way. For the most part we are stuck with them. Don't worry though, the real bad ones eventually find a way out because of their own undoing.

Stop judging everyone from the start, accept and guide them. Give them a true chance and allow them to develop.

11-17-2006, 06:17 PM
If you believe that in a six month - non live in- academy you can change a person's character you should be on TV (Dr. Phil). A lifetime of values an perceptions can not be changed over night. One of the biggest problems we have is that the perception of what a police officer "is" has been weakened over the years.

I think HPD would be a very different place if we would not have lost so many fine officers in the last eight years. Officers such as Aragunde, Lester, Corps, and many others. These would now be officers with 6 to 10 years on that would help indoctrinate the new officers into becoming good officers. Unfortunately, we have lost those officers and we must now all step up to the plate and do what we can to turn HPD around. I will not make any bad comments about a new officer because I make my share of mistakes! However, no one will ever question my effort or my heart. Step up to the plate and lead by example. You would be surprised how much influence and example can have.

To all of you in CRT do not take this the wrong way, but we need you on the road. You would be able to teach our young officers so much and also mentor them. You are all doing a great job, but I just wish you got to work more closely with the new officers.

TA just keep doing the best job you can and at the end of the day you will be satisfied with your efforts.

Life always keeps surprising me. I always though the results of a biopsy would make me change some of my outlooks of life, I guess not. For those of you that know me I guess we will find out if I believe what I believe.

11-18-2006, 03:36 AM
Bushito, your right we have those officers overhere at the beach!

11-18-2006, 06:01 AM
If you believe that in a six month - non live in- academy you can change a person's character you should be on TV (Dr. Phil). A lifetime of values an perceptions can not be changed over night. One of the biggest problems we have is that the perception of what a police officer "is" has been weakened over the years.

I think HPD would be a very different place if we would not have lost so many fine officers in the last eight years. Officers such as Aragunde, Lester, Corps, and many others. These would now be officers with 6 to 10 years on that would help indoctrinate the new officers into becoming good officers. Unfortunately, we have lost those officers and we must now all step up to the plate and do what we can to turn HPD around. I will not make any bad comments about a new officer because I make my share of mistakes! However, no one will ever question my effort or my heart. Step up to the plate and lead by example. You would be surprised how much influence and example can have.

To all of you in CRT do not take this the wrong way, but we need you on the road. You would be able to teach our young officers so much and also mentor them. You are all doing a great job, but I just wish you got to work more closely with the new officers.

TA just keep doing the best job you can and at the end of the day you will be satisfied with your efforts.

Life always keeps surprising me. I always though the results of a biopsy would make me change some of my outlooks of life, I guess not. For those of you that know me I guess we will find out if I believe what I believe.

Bushito... What about the 11 officers that left to Davie ?

11-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Well said Bushito. Good comment about CRT. CRT is composed of a good group of Officers, but plently are still on the road that are just as good. Some don't even know it. Any individual Officer can pretty much do what CRT Officers do. To those Officers I say the folowing:

Develop that passion to come out every shift and do your thing, and this is specifically directed at new Officers. Don't worry about what call you are going to get or wonder where your 15 is at. Do your thing. In other words, consistently take your 14s, 19s, 37s, 38s, investigate and make good 39s for 16, 19 related charges, 22s, 26s, 29s, and 52s. Set goals and you will achieve them. You will feel better about the job, and you will appreciate the "City of Progress" for giving you the authority to play this fun ass "cat and mouse" game. Eventually you will probably get burned out, but at leat you "walked the walk." Note: Some don't get burned out, e.g. the very dedicated Sgt. from K-9.

Well, back to the topic. If we truly foster a pro-active Patrol force, then maybe our new Rookies develop that fire and hunger. Years down the line as these Officers take on different capacities, maybe they can implement more logical, practical, and reasonable practices. Maybe we can some day have a Dept. that appreciates Patrol work. A Dept. that places great responsibilty and trust in its foot soldiers. A Dept. that does not suscribe to the ***** ass "What if?" philosophy. A Dept. that is not into fashion, by that I mean a Dept. that is not blown away from one direction to another by what the media or the honorable politicians think our mission should be. HPD, can we please develop a mission statement, come on, is about time. Can we all collorabate on this project from all the the levels and come up with one. We have to start a spark from somewhere. Oh by the way, after a couple of years I have fallen to the ROD syndrome, Retired on Duty. I'll will come out of this hole, if we start adopting more motivating, encouraging, mission-oriented, and truly pro-active practices. Oh by the way, there is an illegal efficiency, and a commercial truck at E 6 Ave & 32 St. Oh, and don't 15/69 with each other because we don't want you to have any fun, and share any pro-active tactics. Hurry up, put in your leave papers, you have to make up your mind quick if not you will go into the 48 hours threshold. Oh my God, hurry up!, make up your mind, are you taking the day off or what. Hell yea I'm taking the whole week off. Hopefully the top is more in touch with the reality of being a Patrol Officer when I come back. See you!!!

11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Retired and luving it, I did not mention any other officers because it upsets me too much when I start to think about how many fine officers have left us.

Yes, I know that some would say that some not so good officers have left also. I agree. But when you look at the big picture we have lost a lot more good officers than bad ones. I wish I had an answer to the problem, unfortunately our Mayor does not fully understand what a "Take Home" car means to some of the new officers. HPD will never pay better than the Beach or MDPD or other similar departments. The best we can hope for is to be close, but then you throw the take home car and a new officer makes up his or her mind qiuckly. I wish our department did "Exit" interviews. I guess they don't want to hear it. I for one have started conducting my own exit interviews and the answers are not a surprise.

Next time I get the chance I will let my results be known. They will probably ignored them or say that I am disgruntled. I guess when you want to shut someone up, it is easy to label them "disgruntle".

This is a tactic used by the Stalinist's Communists in the Soviet Union in the 1930's, and it was very effective. Me for one, I say things to make HPD a better department and will not be silent on issues that make HPD a worse place. If certain people do not want to hear it so be it. Disgruntled is someone who only looks at the negative. I do not.

However, we must first concentrate on the major problems that make us keep losing officers before we can move on. So the next time someone says you are disgruntle tell them that you are just trying to make HPD the best department it can be, period.

12-23-2006, 01:36 AM
BUSHITO,PERSONELL SGT, AND ESPECIALLY PELHAM 1-2-3(i KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.. MOVIE WAS GREAT):

I HAVE HAD THE LUCK OF TRAINING SOME OF THE FINEST OFFICERS OUR DEPARTMENT HAS EVER SEEN. UNFORTUNATETLY, I'VE ALSO WATCHED THEM LEAVE OUR DEPARTMENT FOR WHAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY GREENER PASTURES.
THANKFULLY I CAN SOON SAY, WELCOME BACK ROLY.
TELL OUR NEW 5K ABOUT THE TALENT WEVE LOST AND HOW MUCH MORE ITS GOING TO COST HIM UNLESS THINGS CHANGE.

01-05-2007, 09:44 PM
One thing is for sure, the new 5k doesn't care and won't care anytime soon.

03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
BSO deputy Brian Tephford, 34, was shot last night in the line of duty while on a traffic stop. His back-up happens to be related to one of the recruits that graduated several months ago fom bcc. Somehow reality sinks in when one of our brothers or sisters in blue or green pays the ultimate price. It's sad to see that some of you have the time to worry about what ppos are saying instead of doing something about it. If any of you want to know what really happened call me, I welcome it, and I'll tell you what really happened instead of listening to unfounded gossip. Meanwhile, deputy Tephford leaves behind a set of twins and a 4-year-old daughter. It's a shame that we don't have a character test because many of our officers would never have been hired.

Patty

Patty : You should worry about your pregnancy or teaching all your trainees and watching them before they get you in trouble! :lol: