PDA

View Full Version : Professional Courtesy gone too far?

11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/MyFo ... cale=EN-US (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentld=1405885&version=1&locale=EN-US)

:?: :idea:

11-07-2006, 04:09 PM
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/MyFo ... cale=EN-US (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=1405885&version=1&locale=EN-US)

11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
As far as the DUI deputy, good job. Since when is having an open container enough probable cause to x15 someone. My question is why did the female deputy even write a report on this incident? And the idiot from Miami who is an expert supposedly on DUI's sounded like a complete idiot and made horrible points. Hey FOX 13 why dont you do some stories on police doing a good job instead of always bashing law enforcement.

11-07-2006, 06:46 PM
When has this ever happened to a private citizen? Do you think Col. Knight should keep telling us not to write legislators and blames us for not getting a raise because of it? Fitchett is a not the real problem.

11-08-2006, 03:26 AM
When has this ever happened to a private citizen? Do you think Col. Knight should keep telling us not to write legislators and blames us for not getting a raise because of it? Fitchett is a not the real problem.

This is two years old ,,,who cares..Find some current news anyways

11-10-2006, 10:02 PM
i praise the ofc for not arresting him if put in his shoe i would probaly do the same but of course I would not not let the trooper drive... We all have give citizen's a break why can a leo get a brake.

11-11-2006, 04:25 AM
You give breaks for DUI? That'll get you fired.

11-11-2006, 01:23 PM

It's an opinion crime, genius. It's called utilization of discretion. Some never grasp it.

11-11-2006, 11:41 PM
how about this if u can't see the signs of impairment then u do not have enough pc 4 an arrest. Try calling some one else???? To drive

11-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Did you folks even watch the video?

The trooper was in his personal truck, driving in the break-down lane on the Interstate to get past the stopped traffic at a Sig 4, when he was stopped by a female deputy who was on foot controlling traffic at the scene. She observed an open container in his truck.

She called a male DUI deputy who did not find PC to make a DUI arrest. Neither the trooper, nor anyone else, can be compelled to take a field sobriety test. Based upon what he did observe, the DUI deputy did not find PC for a DUI arrest. There is not even an indication that "discretion" was involved. In fact, the deputy denied it in his TV interview.

The female deputy then wrote the trooper a ticket for an open container violation and the trooper was permitted to drive away.

As Col. Brown (one of the best cops HCSO has) said to the TV interviewer, the refusal to take the test doesn't mean the trooper was impaired - "maybe he was just a jerk."

:wink:

Oh, and as to WHY Fox 13 decided to run a story about something that happened two years ago: BECAUSE some of you idiots keep getting on this board and making a big deal over DISCRETION, and then carry it too far by insisting that discretion should extend to DUI cases.

Newsflash: DON'T DRINK UNTIL YOU ARE IMPAIRED AND THEN DRIVE!!! Some things are life and death issues and discretion is inappropriate for them.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

CAP
11-14-2006, 05:03 AM
Look at the kind of attention and possible repercussion that those deputies brought upon them selves to cover for this DISREPECTFULL and belligerent fool. What if it was the other way around ! Rule out the alcohol and the belligerence; let’s just say the deputy was in a hurry and got into the emergency lane. Don’t kid your selves; we all know how FOP would have handled it.

Can somebody please make sure that Burgos watches this video…

11-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah, breaks will get you in trouble. But I know SD (the deputy), there are No Breaks with this man. If he had PC there would have been an arrest...

BELIEVE THAT!

Manatee SO

11-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, breaks will get you in trouble. But I know SD (the deputy), there are No Breaks with this man. If he had PC there would have been an arrest...

BELIEVE THAT!

Manatee SO

I know him too.

I agree that if there had been probable cause there would have been an arrest - BECAUSE there would have been no other option with all of the LEO and civilian eyewitnesses at the site.

It has nothing to do with who the deputy was.

Only an idiot would have given "professional courtesy" in such a situation.

There WAS a charge written for the open container.

11-17-2006, 08:23 PM
My question is, why did the trooper have to be such an asshole if he was NOT drunk. In my opinion, he was drunk, or he has no respect towards other law enforcement officers. Either way, troopers are loosing their credibility more and more in my book. But don't worry, I'll still be there to back you up when you need it.