PDA

View Full Version : Promotions

11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Congratulations to all who were promoted, I think it is fair to say that the Chief did a fantastic job with revamping the promotional process to make it fair to all. I think with this step in the right direction the department is moving forward and working its way back to being a steller agency in the area. With the promotions this also creates alot of lateral movement within, this will be exciting for alot of people and I personally can't wait to see who fills these spots. I'm sure we can get some energetic people who are passionate about the job in their. The detective openings, especially SIB will be big shoes to fill. TR did a phenominal job in their, more so than any of his predecessors, I can only hope that whoever takes his place will do the same. Congratulations EH, GS, TM, TC, JW and soon, TR, you all earned it!

11-03-2006, 01:47 PM
TR? You have to be kidding me. So let me get this straight... As a member of SIB you can give out information to a Sgt. about a s/w well before the date it's executed. That Sgt. takes the info and runs with it and TR comes out smelling like a rose? Better yet, gets promoted? Yea sounds like things are really shaping up at VPD, sounds like the names have changed but the faces are still the same.

11-04-2006, 01:54 PM
TR did nothing wrong! The s/w was supported by patrol units and RA was the on duty supervisor. How can you not tell the supervisor whats going on? I do not understand why people keep trying to blame everybody else except RA. RA exposed the search warrant for "fatherly advice"! That's BS and we all know it. It's RA's fault. No one else.

He's gone, can we move on now?

11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
The promotions were fair hugh? Who scored #1 on the oral board and #2 on the overall list but still got jumped 4-going on 5 times. It's still not about what you know but rather who you ....(doesn't apply here but you get the point). Sorry RP, keep your head up.

11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Maybe if RP could learn to keep his mouth shut and not be so critical of the administration he looks to for advancement, he may someday get the promotion.

02-02-2007, 01:42 AM
TO RETIRED/VPD FRIST OFF G.F.Y.S.! THANK GOD YOUR GONE, IM SURE YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE MORONS WHO SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PROMOTED AND SUCKED AS A SUPERVISOR. IF YOU KNOW RP, YOU WOULD KNOW HE IS OPENLY OPIONIATED OF THE PAST SORRY BUTT ADMINISTRATION/SUPERVISORS AND THE FUSTRATION OF LOSING WAY TOO MANY GOOD OFFICERS FOR PROBLEMS THAT ARE FIXABLE. WE WOULD HAVE NEVER LOSTED THE MAJORITY OF THEM IF ADMIN. GAVE A CRAP. GOOD COPS ARE NOT SIMPLY REPLACEABLE. RP IS NOT ONE OF "THOSE BLIND PUPPY DOGS" AND FOR THAT HE HAS MY RESPECT. AGAIN G.F.Y.S.! RETIRED/VPD GOOD RIDDENS!!!

02-04-2007, 02:46 AM
we need a cheif with some balls

02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
This is directed to Guess who.
I was not a supervisor nor did I want to be as I would not lower my standards and become a butt kisser just for the stripes. For your information I like R.P. and have great respect for him as a person and an officer. He has a great many talents. There are just times you have to keep your mouth shut. As for your comment to me of G.F.Y.S, this only shows me the level of your mentality as this is probably your answer to anyone who does not agree with your opinion. I'm sure in a battle of wits you're totally unarmed.

03-01-2007, 01:24 AM
"I was not a supervisor nor did I want to be"

That explains alot, you must be one of those senior officers.

ie: X-8, X-X, X-7!

Thank you for quiting! But I'm sure "quitting" wasn't too hard for you to do.

03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I'll bet you will come nowhere near putting up the numbers I did during my career. I was very proactive and numbers don't lie. But during the administration I worked under, doing you job was not looked upon favorably and you were discouraged from hurting anyone's feelings who might know someone on condo row, (across the hall )Rest assured I was far from a person who would take a x-8 and disappear until it was time to go home. Thats why I did not want to be a supervisor, I didn't care for the administration and would not be a hipocrit by becoming one of them. Besides I made more money with overtime than most Sgts.

03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I forgot to add, it was hard for me to leave. All I ever wanted to be was a police officer, and between up north and here in Venice I was blessed with 28 years of service before I retired. A lot of police officers never make it to retirement and I considered myself lucky. But I also knew it is a young persons game and I was starting to slow down physically. It was with this I realized it was time to go rather than to get myself or more importantly someone else hurt. I just hope when your time comes to look back on your career you will make the same decision. I wish you a long and healty career.