PDA

View Full Version : Contract pay raise for Oct 01, 06

10-30-2006, 01:00 PM
:cop: OK, was it just me or were others mislead by our PBA leaders? Was anyone else told what I was told? :cop:

When the last contract was hammered out I was told by my PBA rep that the pay scale negotiated was going to benefit me by bumping up my salary faster than the Sheriff ever would. I was told I would be placed in pay grade 8 retroactive to Oct 05. Then I would move to grade 9 on Oct 1, 06 as there would be no more pay increases on our anniversaries, as the contract called for all raises to be handed out on Oct 1 of each year. This was going to be a very nice jump for me. I voted "yes".

Along comes Oct 1, 06 and I hear nothing about a raise, but look to my check of Oct 26 for my raise and the retro pay, as payroll had a hard time setting up the pay system in the computer.
Well, along comes my check and there is nothing, zilch, nada. I go to my rep and now they claim that on Oct 1 you stay in the pay grade you were in on Sept 30, (unless your anniversary date is Oct 01) but you see an "adjustment" of your rate for the next year. Then you move to grade "9" on your anniversary date! What! I thought we did away with increases on anniversary dates! :oops:

Seems the only deputies to get a nice increase were the ones that had not been topped out prior to the contract and now are. Hmmmmmmmm, think that most, if not all, of our PBA board fell into this category. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well Mr/Ms PBA, I think the Sheriff pulled one over on all of us. You thought one thing and negotiated something entirely different. Now I know where the Sheriff found the extra money to increase the pay for Sergeants, Lieutenants and Captains.............we gave it to him :snicker:

10-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Seems the only deputies to get a nice increase were the ones that had not been topped out prior to the contract and now are. Hmmmmmmmm, think that most, if not all, of our PBA board fell into this category.

Well Mr/Ms PBA, I think the Sheriff pulled one over on all of us. You thought one thing and negotiated something entirely different. Now I know where the Sheriff found the extra money to increase the pay for Sergeants, Lieutenants and Captains.............we gave it to him :snicker:

OR, the PBA pulled one over on YOU!

As you noted, the negotiators benefited.

:devil:

10-30-2006, 10:13 PM
:cop: OK, was it just me or were others mislead by our PBA leaders? Was anyone else told what I was told? :cop:

When the last contract was hammered out I was told by my PBA rep that the pay scale negotiated was going to benefit me by bumping up my salary faster than the Sheriff ever would. I was told I would be placed in pay grade 8 retroactive to Oct 05. Then I would move to grade 9 on Oct 1, 06 as there would be no more pay increases on our anniversaries, as the contract called for all raises to be handed out on Oct 1 of each year. This was going to be a very nice jump for me. I voted "yes".

Along comes Oct 1, 06 and I hear nothing about a raise, but look to my check of Oct 26 for my raise and the retro pay, as payroll had a hard time setting up the pay system in the computer.
Well, along comes my check and there is nothing, zilch, nada. I go to my rep and now they claim that on Oct 1 you stay in the pay grade you were in on Sept 30, (unless your anniversary date is Oct 01) but you see an "adjustment" of your rate for the next year. Then you move to grade "9" on your anniversary date! What! I thought we did away with increases on anniversary dates! :oops:

Seems the only deputies to get a nice increase were the ones that had not been topped out prior to the contract and now are. Hmmmmmmmm, think that most, if not all, of our PBA board fell into this category. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The way that I interpreted by READING THE CONTRACT ARTICLE 39 is that on OCT 1 2006 you recieve your market increase, for example if you are an 8yr deputy you will be making 24.33 an hour as opposed to 24.12 an hour that you were making prior to OCT 1 2006 (double check you stub for retro pay cuz i had 4.13 in mine) On you aniversray date you will be placed in step 9 which will be 25.33hr .
Keep yourself informed by reading the contract and not going on word of mouth.
Be safe

10-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Wow, a 21 cent cost of living increase. I do not think that even comes close to what other Sheriffs have given us. At least i voted "no". I sure hope this did not break the almighty bank.