PDA

View Full Version : new recurit

10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
I will be graduating the academy soon. Will it be worth my while to put an application in?

10-30-2006, 12:43 AM
No

10-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Yes it will be worth the time!
Pick a department, learn as much as you can about them and go for it.
Pay no attention to all the negatives you see on various sites including this one.
It seems all departments are plaqued with people within the their departments, who are nat happy. The only problem is they never had a job outside of police work and can't do anything else.

I just don't understand why they don't take advantage of the police schedule to get an education. Then take a job in another field.

12-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Yes it is worth is. You will get great experience, and if you dont like it you can always gain some experience and move on. The Dept. is great, we just face some salary issues. Not the base salary, the take home after deductions. We have large deductions for our retirement, but if there are more important things to you than money, take a shot.

04-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I will be graduating the academy soon. Will it be worth my while to put an application in?
Yes It would be worth your time, just remember to do your own thinking, not listening to officers who would rather gripe then address their own problems.
95 % of the officers here do a good job and are proud to do the JOB!

04-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes It would be worth your time, just remember to do your own thinking, not listening to officers who would rather gripe then address their own problems.
95 % of the officers here do a good job and are proud to do the JOB!

He's right about the level of professionals on the dept. FYI, if you are coming here, come for the right reason....because it is definately not for the money here. Look at some of the other posts.

04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Is there an age limit? I'm an old timer retiring. Thanks

04-07-2007, 11:04 PM
I think experience is needed.

04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Need to hire more experience officers. This would be good. Things are going to get better.

04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Need to hire more experience officers. This would be good. Things are going to get better.

we hope and pray

04-10-2007, 01:39 PM
To the old timer retiring and the academy recuit:

Yes, it is worth your time to apply at PCPD. We just hired three new officers and have several other applicants in different steps of the hiring process.

Obviously, you have read some of the postings on this site, and can see that not everyone is happy. If you read postings on every other agency's sites, you will see that there are issues everywhere and not just at PCPD.

Right now we are trying to make positive changes in the department. If you want to be part of a positive change, please apply. I am the department recruiter and you can contact me at 757-9200 ext. 2215.

04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I have read on some other department forum pages that white males with LEO experience are being passed over for other applicants that may not be as qualified. Is this an issue with Plant City PD?

04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I can tell you this is not an issue at Plant City

04-12-2007, 03:02 AM
they all go straight to sgt or capt