PDA

View Full Version : Its time to go Union

10-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Tried of not having a say? Keep getting promises that don't get delivered? Think about the long term and go union, everyone else has. By reading your posts on here I don't see why you wounldn't.

Have you guys thought about it?

10-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Its been brought up many times. As stated previously, everytime we tried, the ones heading up the effort either were bought off with new positions or eventually were put in a position leading to their termination or leaving due to the conditions they were subject to.

10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
I was a PCPD Officer in the late 1970's. Same questions.....same concerns.....same issues. I have been with a professional agency with a strong union for the rest of my lifetime. MAJOR difference. Don't want to sound too radical but you have to force your foot into the door and squeak those wheels. Need a strong union who can put political pressure on the City Council who will make the Chief do whatever they say. Reality dicxtates he can support you till the cows come home but he's gonna do whatever he's told from the City Manager and the City Commission. Get a Union to support friends in the City Council & destroy enemies and start dictating your needs instead of asking and getting smoke blown up yer arse.

10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
I agree with it being time for a union. I can also see why people are afraid, but for change to happen, we need to be strong and unite. So they may take some things away. I dont think take home cars has to be one of them. They might change the way things are done. So what, change. After a couple years we'll be in charge by far, not the higher ups who just do what the city says.