PDA

View Full Version : EXPLORER RIDE-A-LONG PROGRAM

10-27-2006, 02:50 AM
DID YOU GUYS HEAR THE BAD NEWS? The state of Florida has now made it illegal for Explorers to have any kind of badge as well as police uniforms. An Explorer in Talor County was arrested for pulling people over and following girls. Now there is a Bill that will take the ride a long away from all explorers in florida. we need to get this Bill stopped.

10-27-2006, 07:46 PM
please show where this info. was obtained from and is it a credible source

11-02-2006, 02:15 AM
please show where you got this information because I have not heard anything about this!!

11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I searched the F.S.S as well as all bills in the house and senate for Ride-a-long, Law enforcement, Police explorers, Explorers as well as other related phrases. I found nothing to support the original post. If you can provide where you found the signal 14 please?

Veteran
11-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Whoever posted this did it just to stir things up. If what this person said is true, or is in the process the advisors and the explorers would be the first to know. Until you hear something definite from the Boy Scouts of America or your advisor you have nothing to worry about. Keep on riding and enjoying it. Do you actually think if the state of Florida outlawed uniforms and badges you would still have them? Use common sense people. This is just another person making stuff up to stir the pot.

Veteran

05-29-2008, 03:53 AM
lies......... all lies. :cry:

06-01-2008, 02:07 AM
An Explorer in Talor County was arrested for pulling people over and following girls.

Since when is it illegal to follow girls? Is it legal to follow guys? What if your following a car that has both, girls and guys, are you committing half a crime? What if the girl you following truns out to be a guy, is it still a crime? Boy, you have me confused on that one!!!!!

06-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Wow in the 6 years I've been an explorer I've heard about this I dont know how many times, but it has yet to happen. Stop trying to stir these little teenagers hormones up. I think you may have given some a heart attack at the mere thought that they're going to loose their ride-a-longs.

07-30-2008, 01:11 AM
i my self an going to be an explorer in 2008 i am going to be with the pcso pinellas county sheriffs office and i would love to do the ride along so just because one person messed it up does not mean we should be punshed and that is the countys falt for leeting the kid drive it is called a RIDE along not a drive along :evil: :evil: :evil:

07-30-2008, 01:55 AM
i my self an going to be an explorer in 2008 i am going to be with the pcso pinellas county sheriffs office and i would love to do the ride along so just because one person messed it up does not mean we should be punshed and that is the countys falt for leeting the kid drive it is called a RIDE along not a drive along :evil: :evil: :evil:

Public schools have really failed you.

08-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Your wasting your time they got ants in their shoes. That kid will fit right in with the rest of their post.

08-04-2008, 09:09 AM
The ride-a-long program is the backbone of the Explorer program. This is where Explorers gain the majority of their training. You may meet weekly and conduct "scenarios", but all experience will come from riding. Any explorers that have the opportunity to ride-a-long, take it while you have it... It is a lot of fun, as well as beneficial.

People are trying to keep the pot stirring with rumors of ending the ride-a-long program... Until you have a FSS number or a news article, no more replies are needed.

08-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Your wasting your time they got ants in their shoes. That kid will fit right in with the rest of their post.

so so so true there almost as bad as titusville

11-09-2008, 12:38 AM

Kid, you obviously dont know PCSO explorers. I had the MOST fun and learned the MOST you could ever learn riding with CERTAIN Deps from the SO than the ADVISORS that run that program. I recommend going to Pinellas Park PD, you will learn alot there. The PCSO explorer program has put alot of restrictions on their ride-along program. I rode with some of the FINEST deputies Pinellas County ever had, but the NEW advisors decided to make a "list" of "approved" deputies to ride with. A good portion of that list of deps dont know the job themselves and are part of the "new age" law enforcement which is DETERRING a large amount of people who would be a GREAT asset to the agency.

What Im getting out is watch your @$$, dont kiss the advisors @$$, THINK FOR YOURSELF, DONT LET THEM THINK FOR YOU!!

Chimi-chonga OUT!

Car 1859 lives on!

11-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes the PCSO ride along is terrible, 40 hours with crime scene, 40 hours with radio shop and com center and 40 hours at the jail (they actually make you work). Then you get to ride with a deputy. You also have the court house program which you get to see trials and talk to the judges’/attorneys. Another bad part of their program is that you can ride with the Marine Unit. It’s a round rounded program that allows the explorer to look at all aspects. It sounds to me you are one of the ones who screw up. So how is your career in Law Enforcement going?

11-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Its going great thanks for asking.

11-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I owe it all to you "cpl." B.B.! You made me realize it's not worth going local LE and deal with s**tbags like you. For all you explorers out there, go federal, it's definitely worth it, I love it!

12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Car 1859 it’s been over two years and you are still upset for being dishonest. Be a big boy and grow up and let it go. I would suggest counseling; it would help with your anger. In my Corps we were taught integrity and honor but I guess they don’t teach that anymore.

12-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I think you all should join the fire explorers and play with your hoses, instead of b!tching about your posts. :P

03-31-2009, 06:43 PM
they did just pass a bill protecting explorers under the same statute as fire fighters and leos..if hurting an explorer while they r in uniform....it would be considered battery on a leo....go to the F.S.S. webiste and type in explorer.

04-07-2009, 04:00 AM
they did just pass a bill protecting explorers under the same statute as fire fighters and leos..if hurting an explorer while they r in uniform....it would be considered battery on a leo....go to the F.S.S. webiste and type in explorer.

Please cite your source.. Because in 784.07 it does not list Law Enforcement Explorer. I did however find a bill that is attempting to be passed for Battery on Law Enforcement Explorer

04-09-2009, 10:16 PM
it is not in effect till October 1st of 2009.
CS/SB 508....maybe that is it. It is for sure tho

05-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Was there anything new on this?

Surviving the Police Officer Oral Interview Here http://mcphenius.googlepages.com/home

You don't get a second chance to make a great first impression! With hundreds of applicants, increase your odds dramatically of being noticed!

05-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Iv been an explorer for 4 years and have not heard anything on removing the ride along program ever in reality there trying to make it a felony if you assault and explorer while in uniform so removing the ride along program doubt it

05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
it is not in effect till October 1st of 2009.
CS/SB 508....maybe that is it. It is for sure tho

Its called House Bill 57 it was started beacause an explorer in a northern florida post was injured on a 315/10-24 Officer needs help call

05-31-2009, 10:34 PM
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/ ... llId=39834 (http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=39834)

Starting 10/1/2009 its gonna be a felony to commit a battery on an explorer

06-07-2009, 07:19 AM
This is going to be interesting... Now all you explorers out there need to do your research..

Yes in 10/2009 someone can be charged with Bat Leo/Explorer but in all reality the State attorney's office is just going to down grade the charges.

10-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Please cite your source.. Because in 784.07 it does not list Law Enforcement Explorer. I did however find a bill that is attempting to be passed for Battery on Law Enforcement Explorer

its under fss 784.07 (c) online at the fdle website

03-19-2010, 06:22 PM
[quote="new bill":sm86wljf]they did just pass a bill protecting explorers under the same statute as fire fighters and leos..if hurting an explorer while they r in uniform....it would be considered battery on a leo....go to the F.S.S. webiste and type in explorer.

its under fss 784.07 (c) online at the fdle website[/quote:sm86wljf]

actuall the bill is passed