PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten group

10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
There has been no mention made about retirees, in particular a cola for the "forgotten group".

Most of us have figured out that this will not change and have ended up having to get another job, not always because we wanted to but because we needed to.

It is a shame that things work out like they do. The only plus is that you will all reach retirement age at some point and if history repeats itself the next group will forget about you as well.

10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey just in case you all didnt notice, but retirement just didnt happen over night...Do you realise that it is your responsibility to plan for the future??? Why didnt you get involved in the labor / executive board several conrtact negotiations before you were on your way out?? Ohhhh, thats right you just wanna complain about how it is and that the city was different then...Dont you people understand that this contract is a benchmark in what we are accustomed to getting from the city, is that sad yes, but it i beleive with fresh blood involved it will get even better next time. I mean if we vote no for this contract, where do we go from here....Impasse, is that really the answer? Doesnt getting together and being prepared for the next round of negotiations sound like a better option, getting a game plan together. Hey I dont think this is the best ever contract either, however, I am gonna vote yes because I knew what I was getting into when I started working here, just like everyone else..If it bothered me that much I would seek more advantagous employment.......I mean hey DB guys, are you gonna go somewhere else making 70k plus and do what you guys do....I dont think so..

Think about it!

10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey just in case you all didnt notice, but retirement just didnt happen over night...Do you realise that it is your responsibility to plan for the future??? Why didnt you get involved in the labor / executive board several conrtact negotiations before you were on your way out?? Ohhhh, thats right you just wanna complain about how it is and that the city was different then...Dont you people understand that this contract is a benchmark in what we are accustomed to getting from the city, is that sad yes, but it i beleive with fresh blood involved it will get even better next time. I mean if we vote no for this contract, where do we go from here....Impasse, is that really the answer? Doesnt getting together and being prepared for the next round of negotiations sound like a better option, getting a game plan together. Hey I dont think this is the best ever contract either, however, I am gonna vote yes because I knew what I was getting into when I started working here, just like everyone else..If it bothered me that much I would seek more advantagous employment.......I mean hey DB guys, are you gonna go somewhere else making 70k plus and do what you guys do....I dont think so..

Think about it!
Bravo to you! exacly, do you guys really think you work hard upstairs? come on give me a break... Get involved next round, what? you think you can stop working on a police officer's retirement salary? get real! I plan on working past my fifties and so on.. So what, you all want to live on boats and cruise the world, then play the stock market nd get out of police work... get a reality check!!!! VOTE YES!!!!!!!!!!!! MOVE ON!!

10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
The reason you have it so good now is because of those before you who started the union in the first place. Those who went several years without a raise because we decided to unionize, or perhaps that has never occured to you.

The typical "hurray for me & screw you" and the "what can you do for me " attitude seems to continue to prevail. This is obvious as you evidently think you are the only ones who deserve a COLA. While you are busy thinking back, try to think of who it was that made "OUR" yes "OUR" retirement system so cash rich in the first place.

As usual, there are still some who care about themselves only.

Lastly, you should not ASSume that you are the only one who has planned for the future.

10-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Go BSO, Jeanne will be out and there will be new Sheriffs to follow.

11-24-2006, 01:02 AM
The reason you have it so good now is because of those before you who started the union in the first place. Those who went several years without a raise because we decided to unionize, or perhaps that has never occured to you.

The typical "hurray for me & screw you" and the "what can you do for me " attitude seems to continue to prevail. This is obvious as you evidently think you are the only ones who deserve a COLA. While you are busy thinking back, try to think of who it was that made "OUR" yes "OUR" retirement system so cash rich in the first place.

Lastly, you should not ASSume that you are the only one who has planned for the future.
Thank goodness your gone, you guys were horrible supervisors, with no people skills and really no knowledge of the working law. You were old school and bad news. Like the header says, STAY GONE, were better without you!
remember what you momma told ya, you made your bed now get in it!

11-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Apparently you have not taken a good look at the supervisors we have now.

11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Apparently you have not taken a good look at the supervisors we have now.
Apparently you have been here long enough to realize the difference rookie

11-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I've been here long enough to see that supervisors went from being tyrants to stupidity. Not sure which one is better.

11-28-2006, 11:12 PM
I've been here long enough to see that supervisors went from being tyrants to stupidity. Not sure which one is better.

WOW !!! You must be a real genious. I guess that's why you work here instead of at NASA !!!! Try passing the next promotional test, then you can show all the "stupid" supervisors how smart you are and how they can do the job better.

11-29-2006, 05:23 PM

Retirees, why don't you ask a certain retired captain why his wife has stood in the way of every benefit the FOP has ever tried to obtain??? I'm sure that she could help you get the COLA. We certainly don't have a problem with it, and want you to get it. You're directing your anger at the wrong group (kinda the same way the retired supervisors used to treat their subordinates).

12-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Baio sucks!!!!!

12-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Baio sucks!!!!!

There's someone here worse them him, I agree he was an a%$hole, but another has taken his torch and makes him look small time. Its amazing what those stripes can due to ones ego...

12-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I don't know anyone who can top BB in the "meaness department", however, the man knew his stuff. I don't think there is a sgt. who can top his knowledge.

12-04-2006, 03:26 AM
I know exactly who you are talking about. It is amazing he can fit his big head inside his unit.

12-04-2006, 04:14 AM
I will definitely agree BB was a world of law enforcement knowledge. On the other hand, are we all talking about Justforshitz?

12-10-2006, 05:09 AM
RM

12-12-2006, 04:01 AM
PS