PDA

View Full Version : application

10-26-2006, 01:01 AM
How can I apply for a job in Tampa, fl

10-26-2006, 06:17 PM
How can I apply for a job in Tampa, fl

If you are in Tampa, look on the inside front cover of the phone book for the phone number of the local office. Otherwise, call the office nearest to where you are - also listed in the inside front cover of the local phone book.

Call them and ask them.

10-27-2006, 02:16 AM
:roll:
Sorry. Once the courts dismantled the phone companies, the companies stopped listing the USSS on the inside covers. That procedure died years ago.
Modern answer: http://www.secretservice.gov/opportunities.shtml

10-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Sorry. Once the courts dismantled the phone companies, the companies stopped listing the USSS on the inside covers. That procedure died years ago.
Modern answer: http://www.secretservice.gov/opportunities.shtml

Take another look!

The U.S. Secret Service, along with several other federal agencies, is listed on the inside front cover of the current Tampa Telephone book published by Verizon, which is the sole land-service telephone company in Tampa. (The question was about applying for a job in Tampa.)

Anyone who can't find it might want to look for a career other than one that requires observational skills.

The phone companies weren't "dismantled." ATT was broken up into six "baby bells." Even before then there were many, many other local telephone systems in the U.S.

8)

10-27-2006, 09:22 PM
The original response included the words: "Otherwise, call the office nearest to where you are - also listed in the inside front cover of the local phone book". So the updated info. about the modern USSS applies. Maybe your Tampa Verizon list the info. inside its cover, because no one told them differently, but most others now DON't.

If this forum is trying to help a national audience, we deserve a comprehensive answer, not something that applies to one reader.

10-28-2006, 03:01 PM
The original response included the words: "Otherwise, call the office nearest to where you are - also listed in the inside front cover of the local phone book". So the updated info. about the modern USSS applies. Maybe your Tampa Verizon list the info. inside its cover, because no one told them differently, but most others now DON't.

If this forum is trying to help a national audience, we deserve a comprehensive answer, not something that applies to one reader.

I'm intrigued as to how you know what is in the inside front cover of all of the telephone books in all of the cities in the United States. ("Most others now don't." MOST? What's the percentage?) Especially in view of the fact that you were WRONG about Tampa. ("No one told them differently?" What does that mean? No one has any authority to tell an independent telephone company what they can publish.)

I guess you've been everywhere and checked all those phone books. :lol:

I'm certainly not going to take your word that the number isn't still inside the front cover of phone books all over the country. In fact, I believe you are wrong about that just as you were wrong about Tampa.

Your concluding sentence is ludicrous. This forum is more than happy to assist one person at a time, which you might learn if you read the thread which was started by someone about to marry a Secret Service Agent. There is no obligation to make every thread "universal."

And finally, if the number isn't on the inside front cover of someone's phone book - IT'S STILL IN THE BOOK! It's just a matter of looking it up.

DUH!!!!

And, again...... Anyone who can't find the number should consider employment in some other job field.

:snicker: