PDA

View Full Version : Mexican DL

10-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Mexican Drivers License; Do we take them here?

How do we know if it is real? Have you ever been to DHSMV in Mexico to see what a real one should look like? Whats the a hole public defender gonna ask?

A deputy(AD) just put Counterfeit DL charges on a guy for producing a fake one as his DL, it' a 3rd degree felony. He also had no insurance, an open container of beer and a suspended Fl DL for DUI and again for FTP traffic fines, it was issued by the state because he never had a DL in the US. I wonder what the SAO is gonna do with that. (Hey let us know, u know who you are.)

I hear there was some FSS about migrant farm workes being allowed to drive with the Mex DL only on a farm but the wiped that FSS away, i dunno, do you?

I heard Rickie Wells/FHP investigates DL forgery maybe he could come teach us a quick class at are SQ meetings so we can all get on the same page ref this issue.

Having said that, I say IF THEY ARE CRIMINALS T15 them all for whatever we can. At least that way we can get their dirty little paws in AFIS. You can't lie to AFIS about your name and AFIS speaks every language...

Manatee County Sheriff's Office, Florida

10-27-2006, 07:39 AM
A migrant farm worker may use a Mexican D/L if he lives here for no more than 6 months out of the year. If they do reside for more than 6 months or establish permenant residency they have to obtain a florida drivers license.